Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Harvest Moon Challenge

My husband says it's very easy to play. He plays by ear and reads tableture? Now that you have a lap, you should make this a new goal for yourself! Maybe your October goal? Maybe for October we should each share something we can now do, or do more comfortably or do without embarrassement since losing some weight?

Joan

Great idea. I will have to think about it, there are so many things I can do now that I couldn't do before. The other day I bought underwear off the shelf at Target. Doesn't sound like much but I used to buy 5x and the only place to get them were at the big and tall stores or online, now I can fit into a 2x.

As far as learning dulcimer right now I am working hard on the ukulele, but I did buy a couple of autoharps at Goodwill the other day. I find that to keep myself from wanting to snack at night I am better if I keep busy. So when I feel hungry or want a snack I just grab a Uke and start punking away. I really recommend this procedure for anyone who has a problem with snacking while watching TV like I do. It doesn't have to be an instrument. You can take up knitting, sewing, drawing, fly tying, anything to keep you busy and keep your mind off of food, but it needs to be something that doesn't require a lot of preparation. In other word something you can keep next to the couch and is easy access while you are watching TV.

Great idea! Larry!

Checking in this morning at 256. Missed my goal by one pound but still lost 9 this month so I'll take that. Congratulations to everyone who met their goals. Good luck to everyone on next months "Very Scary Halloween Challenge".

H

Up .2 this week to 222.6

down 2 pounds to 262! ONLY @ pounds to 50 pounds gone, forever!!!! OMG I cannot believe it!!!! This is an amazing feeling of accomplishment!

Exercise has been limited because I hurt my knee being totally over-agressive! oh well, there is always next month to meet my exercise goal.

so, thanks for setting this challenge up! I have been accountable this month, and feel like I owe a lot to this challenge. Cant wait til next month and to see what I can do!! woohoo. I'm gonna shatter that 50 pound mark next month!

JulieG (nu2ywg) checking in at 205, down 2.5 lb. I actually lost 3 lb more than my goal and I'm now 5 pounds from onederland! Was quite shocked actually...wonder if my scale is off, lol.

Good Morning Everyone! I'm checking in at 130 this morning!

Name, real or screen ~ Staceven

Age ~ 34

Weight on September 1st ~ 216

Weight on September 8th ~ 212

Weight on September 15th ~ 208

Weight On September 21st ~ 206

Weight on September 29th ~ 204

Goal Weight for September 29th ~199

Ended the month 1 pound more than I started it! Oh well, I'm beginning to think that my body has decided that this is the size it wants to be!!

Name, real or screen~ Tracie

Age~ 35

Weight on September 1st~ 283

Goal Weight for September 29th~ 271

Exercise Goal for September~ do some kind of cardio daily!

Dietary Goal for September~ up my Protein

Personal Goal for September~ to declutter my garage

Date Banded~ 03/08/2011

Total Weight Loss Since Banding~ 90lbs

09/29/11 - 276

Well didn't reach my goal but did lost 7lbs this month which I am happy with. I've been kind of off track the last few weeks. Trying to get back on it. I have been doing well with my protein and I also cleaned out my garage last Saturday! Thanks so much for putting this challenge together! See you next month! YAY!! :D

Name, real or screen ~ Staceven

Age ~ 34

Weight on September 1st ~ 216

Weight on September 8th ~ 212

Weight on September 15th ~ 208

Weight On September 21st ~ 206

Weight on September 29th ~ 204

Goal Weight for September 29th ~199

17 lbs for the month.ohmy.gif That's pretty amazing Stacey and you made it onederland too. I think you won the gold star this month.

Name, real or screen~Kim

Age~38

Weight on September 1st~236.5

Goal Weight for September 29th~225

Exercise Goal for September~Continue to workout 4-5 times per week

Dietary Goal for September~ Increase Water and walk 60 miles

Personal Goal for September~ try to get into size 16 by Oct 1.

Date Banded~May 25,2011

Total Weight Loss Since Banding~ 36lbs.

Well my weight this morning is 227.7. I was 1. 6 pound shy from my goal but I think I did amazing! Listed above was my goal for October. I reached just about all of them. I lost 9lbs. Increased my water intake and walked 68 miles during the month of September. I did not get into a 16 but pretty close. I give it another month. I love these monthly challenges. Its better than any weight watchers meeting I have ever attended!

Missed my goal weight by 3 pounds but I did lose weight. Thanks for all the support and fun this last month. Looking forward to an October Challenge.

Name, real or screen~ May Age~ 41

Weight on September 1st~ 161.5

Weight on September 8 ~ 160.2

Weight on September 15 ~ 159.2

Weight on September 22 ~ 158.4

Weight on SEPTEMBER 29 ~ 158.4

Goal Weight for September 29th~ 155

Exercise Goal for September~ Just starting exercises - cardio 2x a week, weights 2x a week

Dietary Goal for September~ healthier choices, keep up with good Protein choices, less fro-yo

Personal Goal for September~ more time with family instead of work taking up my time

Date Banded~ Friday, July 22

Total Weight Loss Since Banding~39 lbs.