Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Band Fills

Hello All,

My insurance no longer covers fills and I was wondering if anyone could assist or have heard of some affordable places to get the fills? I live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Is there anyone that lives in this area?

weight gain sucks especially after u lost all of your weight. I go to Dr. Fred Maese, he does my fills (my insurance covers it) but when it didn't it was $100 he is GREAT!!!!!!!

quote=chill01]weight gain sucks especially after u lost all of your weight. I go to Dr. Fred Maese, he does my fills (my insurance covers it) but when it didn't it was $100 he is GREAT!!!!!!!

he works out of dallas off of 635 and preston and he also does fills in Ferris Texas. His # is 972-842-3911 and yes going down to 135 and back up to 173 really sucked

I'm trying to eat healthy and not have any soda, seeing if i can do this with no fill, but i've maintained this weight i have for a few weeks which is good. My last fill was so tight, i went back in 7 days and lost 21lbs we were shocked and then he said, it was Water weight no fat loss, so i was up to 196 and have maintained this 173 since then, ready for a fill anytime though

Ok.......here is my journey... Banded 11/17.......first fill of 1cc 12/15...some restriction; but not nearly enough..........2nd fill 1/9 to 1.8...started having acid reflux........after 2 weeks could not swallow solid Protein or food? did total unfill for one week and then went back and filled to 1.4 cc..........some restriction..........but managed to eat 2 mini bags full of popcorn and 20 chips last nite with no full feeling whatsoever????:D ..........and I sit here now after 2 cups coffee 3 pieces of bacon and am thinking about what to eat? does a fill sometimes kick in two weeks or more later??????????? I'm scared to death to get overfilled again....is that what it takes to lose weight? So what is this sweet spot ya'll talk about..........where you eat a cupfull of food...protien/vegs and are F U L L:clap2:

Lynda in Texas

C07AW3, Dr. Jayaseelan does fills at the Surgery Center of Richardson. I know he does fills in the office for $50. www.texaslapbandcenter.com for his number.

Lynda, when you get a fill, it sometimes causes some swelling. That's why my wife's doctor put her on liquids for a week after her first one. When the swelling goes down, if you were good right after the fill, then you will be opened back up, some. Looks to me like your sweet spot might be some where between 1.8 and 1.4cc....you think?

Yes, you have swelling and sometimes it takes more than a week. or at least it did for me, been without a fill for month with nothing in my band cuz i couldn't eat or drink for a month. But, your sweet spot (well mine is) when i can't eat or drink well i can barley get ice chips and Water down, that is when i lost a ton of weight, i went a year like that not eating anything but some Soup and water got down to 130 too.

Randy,

I never took any Vitamins at all and didn't exercise, i was too tired too, and yes my hair did come out a bit and i was tired and weak alot. But, I went thru my first year with the band throwing up and trying to eat because i was hungry, so the next year i got a fill to 1.9 and kept for a year and lost weight on very minimal food and Water, and i have to say some alcohol too. I put on about 30lbs now, What it really did since i couldn't go to the bathroom because when you don't eat you don't go, it gave me Constipation and put 3 tears in my retum wall and one that went right thru it, giving me a staphe infection landing me in the hospital for a month and 1/2 and 4 surgeries. I wouldn't advise this to anyone, this is just my journey and i'm sharing it, so no one does what i did, now i eat probably to much, but am still in my size 10 jeans instead of my 2's and 4's and some 6's which is a big difference. It is hard to adjust for me emotionally with the attention i got from being so skinny.

Leanna

Well I wouldn't say everything is ok, i still have drainage but the tears are healing. Dr. Maese says that it wasn't caused by the band and the doctors at Parkland say they don't know what caused it. So, I can't blame the bad just my poor eating. I want to loose the rest of my weight and its a struggle because i don't want to get a fill yet and i want to maintain at least were i'm at now without any restriction because that is truly what the band is for to teach how to eat small portions and healthy food. I know that it might seem extreme what i did, but i'm sure other bandsters have been thru some sort of bulimia and anorexia, it comes with the turff, Good luck on your weight lose and drink your shakes and take them Vitamins.< /p>