Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm taking my own advise!

I am sooooo sick of bouncing around between 178-182 pounds. It seems I've been stuck there forever. (OK, it's only been a couple of months, but still...) I'm leaving tonight for a couple day trip to St. Louis to take my son back to college. As soon as I get back I'm going to pretend I just had lap band surgery and go back to the beginning to see if I can jump start my metabolism. My plan is 2 weeks of liquids....maybe 4. It shouldn't be too difficult. I'll have my house back to myself so there won't be a need to have crap in the cupboards. Whatever he doesn't eat or take with him is getting fed to the cow! I'm planning my pretend surgery for Sunday!

I am sooooo sick of bouncing around between 178-182 pounds. It seems I've been stuck there forever. (OK, it's only been a couple of months, but still...) I'm leaving tonight for a couple day trip to St. Louis to take my son back to college. As soon as I get back I'm going to pretend I just had lap band surgery and go back to the beginning to see if I can jump start my metabolism. My plan is 2 weeks of liquids....maybe 4. It shouldn't be too difficult. I'll have my house back to myself so there won't be a need to have crap in the cupboards. Whatever he doesn't eat or take with him is getting fed to the cow! I'm planning my pretend surgery for Sunday!

Hi Cindy,

I have young adult children, one of which is living at home. It can make it so difficult for the dieter. I understand your frustration at sitting at a plateau as that is where I have been for several years. I am still pre-op and trying to lose the ten or eleven pounds that the surgeon has asked me to. I have been doing high Protein and low carb and have lost some of it , which is exciting. This last week I ate entirely too much and did not exercise so it is back to the old grind starting this am. Let me know how this experiment works. All the best to you. Thank you for your very insightful posts that you make on the forum. They are of enormous help to me.

Melinda

I have been stuck in the same area for sometime myself. I got a small fill Fri. now at 5.5 cc. I have thought about this a lot the past month and didn't like what I figured out. I have not been eating enough, funny we eat to gain and we must eat to loose. Hunger has never been a problem for me so I thought if I only eat when hungry I would be fine. I have never measured food because I didn't want to be a slave to it. I am out 3 nights a week so I felt I had to learn to do it by site and mind control. I also realized that I was getting to many liquid calories from coffee. My Water intake was also spotty.

I did liquids Fri. & Sat, so I know I can't do them more than a few days. Yesterday, egg, Soup and about 3oz of pork chop, tbs of green Beans and one of rice. Today a shake for Breakfast , 2 oz of deli meat , slice of cheese and 3 club crackers for lunch. Might should have been more meat, but it felt like the right amount. I was full, and comfortable. I am going to work hard to get this going again. In the beginning I made sure to have something for each meal and I got to far from that. Good luck with your plan.

Thanks, girls. I know that my band is right where it should be. My restriction is great. The problem is I'm making the wrong decisions. I know that. I'm not exercising enough. I know that too. I'm also drinking more often than I should. That's all going to end on Sunday. Good bye, chocolate...good bye, vodka...hello, gym! I've done it before and I can do it again! I WILL be in the 160's by Thanksgiving. And when I am my reward will be a shopping trip in Canada while everyone else is eating turkey!

You have done really great. Lost so much weight. I'm sure you can take off those remaining pounds.

My doctor's nurse lost 120 lbs with the lapband. She said that she occasionally goes back to liquids for a variety of reasons. She has been able to maintain her weight loss. She is at goal now. It's been close to two years since she had surgery. Maybe you are on to something.

Just curious if you exercise. I joined a Water aerobics class a couple of weeks ago. It's the first time that I have found an exercise program that I do not dread. I actually look forward to it, even though it really takes a chunk out of my evening hours.

I'm still pre-op, so it's helpful for me to read these posts.

Cindy, check out the 5-Day Pouch Test (http://www.5daypouchtest.com/). It's a 5-day diet that goes through the post-surgery food phases, giving your pouch a break and gets rid of all the carby sugery cravings. I've done it several times, and it works like a charm every single time! Everything you need is right on the website.

Thanks. I have looked at that before and thought about trying it.we'll see. I just pulled into st louis after eleven hours on the road. Brain isn't working at the moment. I'll check it out again when I get back to detroit.

Thanks. I have looked at that before and thought about trying it.we'll see. I just pulled into st louis after eleven hours on the road. Brain isn't working at the moment. I'll check it out again when I get back to detroit.

Oh, it gets so hard down at the pointy end, doesnt it? Those last pounds are a nightmare to take off. It is the one time in your dieting journey where I think every single one of us must be a slave to the rules - calories, carbs, exercise etc. You cant just say near enough is good enough like you can for most of the time. I"m sure you can do itb though!

I came home from St. Louis early so I started my liquid diet today. Darn, this is so much harder than the first time. I keep walking into the kitchen and then remember I'm not eating. Maybe its because I don't have the discomfort of surgery as a constant reminder!