Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Joseph Moran in Raleigh, NC

I have my initial appointment in a week- would love feedback on him- I have read he's not got the best bedside manner, but I really don't care so much about that. What I want to know - is he good with answering any and all questions, what is his track record (looks good from what I see, but want opinions), and what is follow up with him like???

Hey there. I didn't go to him. I went to Dr. Jin Yoo through Duke Raleigh Hospital on Wake Forest. Dr. Yoo was excellent - I am 6 months out and his and his team's follow up is excellent as well. Just in case you want another option!

Sorry, I am no help either. I had Dr. Enoch's in Cary. He is awesome. He took out my gallbladder and did my lapband (2 seperate surgeries) Super nice. Answers questions. I had an allergic reaction to the dermabond and he was quick to respond to my questions. He also does the SILS procedure (the single incision lap) if you are interested. If you don't have insurance, they have a self pay option that he does in a private OR for a lower cost than having it in the hospital.(I was self pay.)

Anyway, good luck with whomever you choose!

:)

I went to his seminar and he answered all my questions. However, in the end I went to Duke and had Dr. Jin Yoo. I went to three doctors before I made my decision. Dr. Yoo said something that really hit home. He said the surgery is just part of it, it is all the stuff that follows. He said you have to look at it like a marriage and if your not 100% go someplace else. We will be seeing each other for the next three years and we have to be really comfortable. That was the point that really hit home for me. He gives his email address and he really answers your questions. So just really don't be afraid to shop around and know that it is not just the surgery but everything that goes along with it.

Good luck

Theresa

I have my initial appointment in a week- would love feedback on him- I have read he's not got the best bedside manner, but I really don't care so much about that. What I want to know - is he good with answering any and all questions, what is his track record (looks good from what I see, but want opinions), and what is follow up with him like???

My surgeon is Dr.Paul Enochs in Cary also.I chose him because he runs 2 offices that are Bariatric Centers for Excellence and did the first gastric bypass surgery in Raleigh.He is absolutely phenomenal.IHe easily answers all of your questions and has a very likeable personality.Dr. Enochs truly cares abouthis patients and is very careful screening you for problems to minimize surgical complications.If you get the outpatient lap band surgery through his office that you can find on www.feelgoodaboutme.com you can get a great price for a limited time.This is wonderful for self pay patients. Dr. Enochs has so much experience that he has trained other doctors and is one of the only ones around the Raleigh area that does plication/imbrication and the SILS procedure.

Dr. Moran performed my surgery on 12/9/2010 and I have no complaints. His office staff are great and very helpful. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Dr. Enochs did my surgery and he was great! Very nice and caring. Downside is that you have to wait 2-3 hours to see him in his office. I am now at the point where I am getting my fills with NP and it so much faster. My friend had Dr. Moran to do her gastric Bypass. She liked him. She didn't have anything bad to say about him.

Hello,

I am desparately trying to find information on something I read in a few posts last night on this website under - Dr. Enochs Raliegh I think it was the title.

A few posts were complaing about his people that do the fills. No bedside manner, preaching not getting fills or not enough.

Has anyone experienced this? I have my first consult this week so I'm really concerned as these are the people doing the fills.

Kimmypoo you said you are now getting your fills NP. Does that mean No Problem things have gotten better or does that mean somewhere else. Sorry I'm a newbie.

Thanks so much!