Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi! My surgery date is aug 11. I am super excited, and nervous. I don't have to do a pre-op diet, only 24 hrs Clear Liquids the day before. I'm so happy to have found this forum!

Caryn do what i did , i looked up food online that had no cal, like popcorn

Truly Zero Calorie Foods

Water is the only true zero calorie food that occurs naturally. Water is a great addition to your diet in a variety of ways. Eight 12-ounce servings of water every day are suggested as a healthy part of any diet. However, it has an added benefit when you're trying to diet to lose weight: it helps fill you up!

Water can be frozen into ice and crushed or shaved in order to add a different consistency to your diet.

In addition to water, diet soda pop is found in zero-calorie versions. It comes in name brands and generics and is typically sweetened with artificial sweeteners. Quite a bit of debate surrounds these beverages and whether they are healthy additions to your diet because of the artificial sweetener aspect. Experts offer conflicting claims that artificial sweeteners cause health problems or contribute to obesity and some studies show that diet soda may actually contribute to weight gain.

Negative Calorie Foods

There are several fruits and vegetables that occur in nature that while they have calories when consumed, are said to actually result in negative calories or a calorie deficit after digested. According to this theory, these foods cause the body to extend more calories to digest than contained in their nutritional content. The result would make them zero calorie foods after digestion.

If you believe this theory, then these foods can basically be consumed without feeling guilty. They are healthy and provide nutritional content your body needs, but they do contain calories. Keep in mind, also, that even according to this zero calorie theory these foods only have this negative calorie effect when consumed without extras added to them like butter, sugar or dips. Negative Calorie Foods Asparagus Apple Beet Cranberries Broccoli Grapefruit Cabbage Lemon Carrot Mango Cauliflower Orange Celery pineapple Chile peppers Raspberries Cucumber Strawberries Dandelion Tangerine Endive

Garden cress

Garlic

Green Beans

Lettuce

Onion

Papaya

Radishes

Spinach

Turnip

Zucchini

Eat Healthy

Morning fellow future banders! I'm crossing over in about 2 hours. I am almost at the hospital so I thought I'd say a quick see you later! I'll post as soon as I can!

Just left the hospital for my pre-surgical assessment, its offical I will be banded on Thursday, August 11th @ 11:30am.

I FINALLY got my surgery date! August 4th!!!!! I am so excited! I feel like it's a long ways away!

Who else is getting banded in August?

good luck I will be thinking about you tomorrow! I am having the surgery done August 11th!!! I wish you great success

Hi! My surgery date is aug 11. I am super excited, and nervous. I don't have to do a pre-op diet, only 24 hrs clear liquids the day before. I'm so happy to have found this forum!

We will be having the surgery the dame day! I had to do 2 weeks on the pre-op diet but I am almost done. Good Luck with you journey!

Me too for Aug 11th!!!!! Good luck!!

Hi! My surgery date is aug 11. I am super excited, and nervous. I don't have to do a pre-op diet, only 24 hrs clear liquids the day before. I'm so happy to have found this forum!

I FINALLY got my surgery date! August 4th!!!!! I am so excited! I feel like it's a long ways away!

Who else is getting banded in August?

Just left the hospital for my pre-surgical assessment, its offical I will be banded on Thursday, August 11th @ 11:30am.

I get banded the 10th... Would love to keep updated on how you are doing!

I'm getting banded on the 10th ... Would love some buddies for support as we all start this journey!

Morning fellow future banders! I'm crossing over in about 2 hours. I am almost at the hospital so I thought I'd say a quick see you later! I'll post as soon as I can!

Hope you are resting comfortably!!!

I'm scheduled for august 9th. Everything happened so quickly it just hit me that it's only 6 days. My pre-op testing is tomorrow and part of me is beyond thrilled but the othe part is freaked out...i've never had surgery b4 this is kinda scary.

Isn't it interesting how everyone's pre-op regimen is different. Some are on liquid diets, some on Atkins, some on low-cal. Some for a week, some for two, some have no pre-op diet at all! I find it very interesting.

My pre-op diet starts on Monday. It's 7 days of Optifast low-cal with veggies added. I think I am having my operation in the afternoon, so I'll probably be able to have an early light Breakfast and then fast for the rest of the day. I'll get confirmation about that Friday next week.

I'm just trying to get myself all organised. I'm at university, so I'm trying to get all my work for this Study Period done before I go in for surgery. That will give me two weeks of "vacation" time before I have to go back to my study, which will be nice. I work to, but I work from home and can set my own availability, so I've given myself the week of the banding as a vacation.

I'm having a good time looking in my wardrobe at what I will throw out first! :lol: :lol: :lol: