Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jumped off the wagon today

I would like to be able to say I fell off the wagon, but I didn't I jumped off with arms in the air crying Wheeeeeeee..........! I have been so good for 3 mos. Today is 35 th anniversary of the company I work for and they passed around ice cream. When they came to my desk I said no, initially. Then that little addict inside my head me popped out and whispered it's okay you can have ice cream your not on a diet this is new way of living, it isn't cheating. Come on, you deserve ice cream,Come on,come on,come on, it's okay. So I went and got some. It was GOOD! And when I was done the little addict in my head who had whispered before now said, I WANTMORE!,!!!!! MORE! MORE! MORE! I was jonesing so bad! I now know for sure I am addicted to some foods. Of course I went and got another one. The funny thing is the band worked, I got full and I'm good. No late night stops at the DQ. I know I need to watch it for a few days but I think I'll be okay. Thanks for listening.

I think you should be fine. You stopped and that is a good thing. I had a long hard day today and had a weight watchers ice cream bar when I got home. Yum!

Up until a couple of weeks ago I kept SF popsicles around I think I may go back to that.

Thanks for sharing. I'm looking forward to having a proper fill that will make me feel full. You did great for 3 months and one slip up won't kill all your hard work.

weight.png

I think you should be fine. You stopped and that is a good thing. I had a long hard day today and had a weight watchers ice cream bar when I got home. Yum!

One day won't kill you :) Pick yourself up and move on. I've been eating whatever this entire week; the joy of being sick. But, I'll start back up next week.

It's what we do AFTER we slip up that determines our success! It will be the first of many slip ups on your journey...just jump back on the wagon and you'll be fine!

I think everybody needs a little indulgence occasionally... I don't think I could have gone through with the surgery if I though that I could never ever have ice cream again in my life... if you hadn't of eaten it and just sat and thought about it all day who knows what you might have done later! Maybe you would have stopped for a late night DQ. Tomorrow's a bright new day and you've had your ice cream fix :) Good Luck!!!

It's a loooooong journey. If you cannot have treats once in a while, it is going to be very, very long. Keep up the good work!

There is nothing wrong with having ice cream or some other treat once in a while. It really is true that mentally when we think we "can't" have something it just makes us crave it all the more. I loved the Weight Watchers flex points plan for this very reason - you had your daily point allotment and then a chunk of weekly points that you could use as you pleased, either dividing them up over every day or using them all at once for a special occasion. It really helped me to not feel deprived and tempt me to "cheat" when I knew I had my extra points available and had a plan on how I was going to use them. Obviously, I couldn't make WW work for me completely and now I am banded, but I really liked their plan better than any other weight loss plans I've seen.

You did great by stopping when you did and not going to DQ later! This is a learning process and you will get better and better at making choices and planning as time passes. :)

Well, this morning when I got on the scale I had stillmanged to lose .2 lbs ice cream and all. I was worried about freezer full of left over ice cream but I didn't even want any. I actually had a really good day. I really had no physical hunger or head hunger allday and had to remember to eat. Weird, but good.

Good thing about the wagon is you can always jump back on!!

I've actually eaten more Godiva chocolates since my band than I ever had in my life. Why? Because I eat so much less of everything that I no longer have to avoid those no-no foods I never let myself have before. My band also helps keep the chocolates in check as well.

You did the right thing. You are on the right track and you'll do great. The band isn't about dieting, it isn't even about restriction, it's about eating proper foods in proper portions and yes, that includes yummy ice cream....one of my personal favorites.

You're doing great!!!

I dont eat a lot of junk foods but I have never told myself that I cant have something. For example-when my kids gets fast food I take two of their french fries. I know it sounds weird but I eat my proper meal and then the two fries if I still want them. Sometimes I savor and eat them and other times I toss them. But the power is in my hands and if I couldnt have them then I would want them more. But because I know that I have two fries for after I eat my healthly food it makes all the difference. My husband thought it was very weird at the beginning but now he just hands me two fries. The important that is that you ate the ice cream, enjoyed it and then walked away. That is a great thing in my book. Now you know you can walk away where as before you were scared of it.

Today I carefully checked my calories and then had a small piece of cake because I had too few calories. I would do this everyday or even every week but every now and then.