Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Me...before and after

In case anyone is interested!

5/15/08. 324# Size 4X

%3Ca%20href=before.jpg

6/5/11. 180# Size 12.

2011-06-05140904.jpg">

1. omg that is so great the weight u have lost . well done!!!!!!!!!! Im getting banded on 11th July and hope i do as well as u have. U look so much younger too.....how did u find the whole journey?? xxx

You definitely look a lot younger, and I'm sure you're getting a bit more attention too.

PS- you look smaller than a size 12 and 180 pounds-you look so tiny! That gives me SO much encouragement! I remember when I weighed 185 (when I met my hubby) and I looked great. I can't wait to get there! Thanks for sharing!

awesome! congratulations on a job well done!

1. omg that is so great the weight u have lost . well done!!!!!!!!!! Im getting banded on 11th July and hope i do as well as u have. U look so much younger too.....how did u find the whole journey?? xxx

Honestly, it was the best journey of my life and couldn't have come at a better time. My life was already doing a complete 180 (no pun intended!). After 20 years of my life revolving around my kids, they were finally heading out on their own. My surgery was 9 days after my youngest graduated. So I had nothing to concentrate on but myself. I absolutely loved me able to be self-centered for a change! LOL!

Thanks, girls. If I can do this...thrust me, everyone of you can do it too. I'm beginning to think that life begins at 50. (OK>>>51) BTW, I'm 5'9" which is probably why you think I look thinner.

Honestly, it was the best journey of my life and couldn't have come at a better time. My life was already doing a complete 180 (no pun intended!). After 20 years of my life revolving around my kids, they were finally heading out on their own. My surgery was 9 days after my youngest graduated. So I had nothing to concentrate on but myself. I absolutely loved me able to be self-centered for a change! LOL!

Thanks, girls. If I can do this...thrust me, everyone of you can do it too. I'm beginning to think that life begins at 50. (OK>>>51) BTW, I'm 5'9" which is probably why you think I look thinner.

Wooo Hooo! You look fantastic! Can't wait to be a size 10/12 ... on my way (14/16 now).

Congratulations on both the weight loss and getting your life back. I know the feeling. My youngest is going to school in Missouri in August and his older sis will leave for grad school in 2012 (fingers crossed :rolleyes: ). It's a great feeling to be able to concentrate on yourself, isn't it? And it's true ... life DOES begin at 50+.

Enjoy!!!

~Fran

When I read "in case anyone is interested," I just had to laugh--of course we're all interested! :) And you look FANTASTIC! Thanks so much for sharing your before and after pics--before I got banded it was pictures like yours that gave me hope that losing a lot of weight really was possible and not just a pipe dream. Congrats!

You were pretty at the start, but you are absolutely beautiful now!

Amazing!!!!

Thanks everyone for the kind words. It was a long road that I'm not at the end of yet. My main incentive in posting these was to inspire others. Hopefully I've done that . If I can do this anybody can.

Fran, what school is your son going to? Mine will be a Sr at Lindenwood University in St. Charles, MO.

Thank you for sharing.... You are an inspiration!!! I am being banded on June 28th and I pray that I have the same success as you.

My boy will be a Jr at MO S&T in Rolla, MO. It will be a big change for him as he was born and raise in L. A. Good luck and God bless us both. I am going to miss him like crazy!

You look great! Thanks for the incentive youve given us;)