Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just Banded 01/19/2005

how are you all doing; i was banded 1/16/06 and i was to have first fill on monday the 20th however they screwed up at park central surgical and now dr. jay's office wants me to wait until march 9 to do it right in their office; i want it done now; i am totally eating anything and everything from Bagels to pizza to tacos to anything; down 20 and holding but who knows how muchlonger i can hold it with able to eat anything; does it really cut your eating after the first fill? i love the smoothie king gladiator raspberry/banana or strawberry/banana small drink, 42 grams of Protein and so yummy; curious to know how all you first banders are doing

Hi Jamoorse,

I was banded on Jan 19 in Bismarck ND. My first fill will be on March 14. I have had a little infection in my incision and I am on an antibiotic. It is no big deal but glad I went in and had it looked at. I think I went back to my aqua class too fast but I did get thier permission first. Oh well, stuff happens. I was scheduled for my first fill too on Feb 21 but he decided I should wait a while because we are going on a vacation and he doesn't want me to have trouble and be so far away at least for the first one.

I hear what you are saying about not being able to control the eating thing. I eat pretty much what I want just cut it in half. I am doing pretty well I think. Down about 20 - 22 lbs. I have Water retention all the time so it is hard to tell. I have not been excercising like I should or it would be better. YOu know we didn't have our brain taken out and reprogramed, we had a tool installed to help us control what we do when it comes to food. I beleive this is a chance to learn new ways to live with our addiction. REmember, Rome was not built in a day and we need to be patient with ourselves at times. This has some very sweet success but also some trials. I would call this a learning curve. I need to live because I eat not live to eat. I say there is a difference. I need to learn that daily. I try to keep busy too that seems to help. My husband is also watching what he eats and that is good. Helps a great deal.

Thanks for posting. I need to repeat these things to myself over and over so they become a way of thinking and behaving. Behavior modification I guess.

Keep in touch sounds like we are on the same path and time table.

Darlene

You have done great by losing what you have so far; like you i am eating everything; had a hamburger and fries for lunch no bun of course but still; the one food i have not tried is salad as they say it's hard to digest; my fill is march 9th, that seems like forever considering had the surgery on the 16th of january; i am walking can't believe i am, that's not me but oh well so far so good; i sure hope this surgery works for me; i still have funny twinges or pains once in a while, still not comfortable to sleep on my left side where the port is. i was originally from MN and worked for first bank system and travelled north dakota and all over examining banks. Now in texas.

I have had salad and it was now problem. I have found I can eat whatever I want but have to eat very slow and chew a great deal. The only thing I ever had any problem with was when I don't chew enough. Then it feels like it is stuck. Goes down eventually but hate to push the issue. better to just slow down. I was told if you don't have 45 min to eat a meal, skip it for now and have a Protein Shake. Good advice. I still use them some. About 1 per day. I too have some pain on my port side but I thought it was because of my infection. It is getting better every day now. Hope it is closed soon.

Hope things are continuing to go well for you.

Darlene

Hello Everyone !

Sounds like we are all on the same path to recovery here. I too am eating everything and it is scaring the crap out of me.. I am down 25 lbs and holding .. first fill on the 11th of March.. I can't wait.. How much difference is there after your first fill? Are you back to square 1 with your liquids ? I can't wait I am ready .. I am glad that everyone is doing well .. I now know that I am normal because I am experiencing all the same aches and pains and issues that everyone else here is.. It feels good to know that I am not alone.. thanks everyone ! Keep up the good work !

yep, we are definitely on the same path; i have my first fill the 9th and with dr. jay it's liquids for a week; now i have 10 people in my office who have been banded from 2-4 years and they say they only do liquids 48 hours; I am anxious to find out, how much after one fill can you eat? 1/2 cup at meal time, 2 cups or what; everyone says you have to try and see what is right for you, well goin to work, I don't want to be puking all the time that is for sure; my friend who had her lapband 3 days before, she goes on monday the 27th so i will know more from her; i have lost 22 now and holding also as i eat anything i want but i am walking a good mile or so every day so i think that is helping.