Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My husband an I went out to eat this morning after our walk. We went to Shari's, when I asked for a childrens menu and pulled out my little card they told me no. Company policy does not allow them to offer us a smaller kids meal even with the lap band card. So I will not go back there again. I came home with lots of left overs that I will eat for a day! Anyway just wondering if anyone else has ran into this. On the flip side I am feeling great and the weight loss contnues. Smiles to all....

I have my card but I never used it. After looking at the kid's menus at most restaurants I realized there's rarely anything on it that'd I'd want to eat. I just get a normal meal and portion it out. Never hurts to have another meal for the next day!

The Realize Band comes with a card but it doesn't say anything about ordering from the kids' menu. I've never tried doing it... I like to get a regular portion and stretch it out over 2 or 3 meals, makes me feel like I got my money's worth laugh.gif

I agree with one of the other posters - there usually is nothing on a kid menu that I want. I will order whatever I want to eat & take home leftovers, share with someone or order off the ala cart.

I haven't been gutsy enough to use my card, but I almost did once. Yep, this post pretty much solidifies my fears! LOL

I have the card that came with my band, and a card from my doctor.

Ditto - most child's menus have hot dogs, grilled cheese, macaroni and cheese....egads I can't even think about eating that stuff. I too just order whatever I want, eat what I need to eat and either take it home or let them take it back to the kitchen. For instance, today at work we went to have mexican food - I ordered chicken fajitas with corn tortillas instead of the flour. I gave my guacamole away, didn't touch the salsa or cheese, but had a little dollop of sour cream and some Beans on the tortilla and covered it with chicken and some onions. Ate two of those and was done.

I'm finding just during the last week that I'm still only eating the same portions, but I'm getting hungry quicker now, and catch myself wandering into the pantry. I'm glad I'm a week away from getting my second fill.

The only place I find the card to come in handy is at buffet's. I love going to Golden Corral and they do take the card. They give me the senior citizen discount, which is better than nothing and I can just go get what I want with no leftovers. I can't do leftovers very often because I would want to eat more if I took it home, this way I don't have to. Also, Hometown Buffet took my card. As far as regular restaurants, I haven't found any that take the card so I just order what I want and share the rest with my dog.:D

I'd agree, unless childrens' menus are very different in the States than they are in Australia, there's rarely anything on one you would want to eat, let alone should eat. Hot dogs, pizzas, nuggets and chips.

Personally, I think its the perfect time for an attituden adjustment - eating out is about sampling, trying something new or having something you wouldnt be able to cook at home, it is NOT about getting value for your money. Eating your money's worth is the old way, the way that made us all fat. Enjoy the experience, enjoy a little of the food and be happy to pay for that, it costs the same whether you stuff yourself or not, so why do it?

We're not allowed to take leftovers home here, its against health regulations, but they're rarely good reheated, well I wouldnt bother, anyway.

My whole thing was that we went out for Breakfast and I only wanted one egg and a piece of bacon. It was not the price I was after, but the small portion. eggs do not make good take home and reheat food! Most places you can find smaller items to eat, but not always......

We went out to eat breakfast again this week, but this time we went to Denny's. The waitress we had was wonderful. I told her I had lapband and needed a smaller meal and she was able to suggest something and even a change to it to make it healthier. Needless to say she got a very good tip!!

Personally, I think its the perfect time for an attituden adjustment - eating out is about sampling, trying something new or having something you wouldnt be able to cook at home, it is NOT about getting value for your money. Eating your money's worth is the old way, the way that made us all fat. Enjoy the experience, enjoy a little of the food and be happy to pay for that, it costs the same whether you stuff yourself or not, so why do it?

I think you're on to something there.