Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yesterday at work I was eating cornish hen and mustard greens for lunch (11:30am). I was talking with co-workers and apparantly not chewing well because I was talking too much. Anyway, got stuck....drank Water, the water sat on top of the stuck food....water came up and food came up. Later that day, 4:00, I decided to eat on an apple even though I wasn't hungry. After maybe four bites at five minutes apart, I could not eat anymore. I felt super tight and full. dinner that night (8:30pm) tried to nibble on a pork rib....was unsuccessful (too full to eat) and not hungry. This morning I drank coffee and tried to eat my dang cornish hen (not at the same time). Again, after a few bites, I was too full to eat. Same thing at lunch...too full to eat. At lunch I forced ore food and had to go to the school's nurse because my chest began to hurt (indigestion- took a pepcid). I served my familiy dinner tonight (6:00pm) and again had no appetite. I think I may have some food hung, partially blocking my band opening. I haven't slimed or thrown up anything more, but my last decent meal was yesterday morning. Has anyone ever experienced this? Is it possible to be partially stuck and not have any signs besides barely being able to eat.

For sure ! you just don't feel it until you eat.

Get a tall glass of warm Water or tea, and drink slowly. It will either go threw or come up, but you have to keep drinking to make sure you are clear.

You'll know when your open all the way.

A bad stuck episode can also cause swelling, so you may have to stay away from solids (like meat) for a few days.

If you think you have something stuck still, try drinking pineapple juice. I've heard it's great for getting the food to pass through. Stick with liquids or mushies for a few days to give your stomach a chance to recover from the stuck episode. Feel better!

Yes and yes. Yes, you are probably still partially clogged (what a way to say it) and yes you are probably swollen from the stuck episode. And finally yes, pineapple juice will send what ever is stuck down the stoma. Here's what I learned when using the pineapple juice. Drink about 1/2 cup or so without letting air in while you drink it. I use a bycyclist's bottle with a small opening on top that will prevent much air from going in. You will feel the slight thump when whatever is stuck goes down. If nothing happens wait a bit longer and try another 1/4 - 1/2 cup of pineapple juice. Sometimes it takes more acid from the juice to finally get it down.

Finally, depending on how much swelling your stomach has become, go on liquids for a day, then, soft foods for another before going to your full diet. You will know when you are almost back to normal.

Get Papaya Enzyme. It helps me a lot when I get stuck. Sometimes it just won't come up. I chew 3 and in a few minutes it all comes out. Afterwards you should just drink warm tea or Water and eat mushies for a day or two. Or Protein drinks. Your stomach is swollen and you need let it relax. Feel better soon.

I agree with the others plus I'd say to not eat anything until you're hungry, liquids only. I got stuck yesterday, vomited my lunch in the evening and had Water only for the rest of the night.

Are liquids going down OK?

Joan

That's why I love this site. So many knowledgeable people. I tried the pineapple juice and now I feel just fine. Thx everyone. I will find these papaya pills next. Hopefully I won't need them, though..........

A bad stuck episode can also cause swelling, so you may have to stay away from solids (like meat) for a few days.

i think this hit the nail...i just had the same thing happen to me this past week... when you throw up it causes alot of swelling, try eating soft soft foods, i got stuck on chicken, and i couldn't eat solids for a few days, just ate hard boiled eggs etc..... hope you feel better!!

I just did the same thing! I eat too much meat, and now I am having trouble eating anything else. I eat dinner on Tuesday even. Wednesday all I was able to eat was soup... and today I feel presure there still... I give up! Thanks for the help guys! I am going to do liquids for a few days and see how I feel.

Happy Easter... Guess I don't get to enjoy any good food...

Oh well lossing weight will be worth it. =)

I juSt left GNC, brought the papaya enzymes chewables, I think I'm unstuck now though I can't really tell cause I've been eating light. I drank pineapple juice yesterday but I may take a chewable just to be double sure that I'm clear.