Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sangria Suarez (2006 Vegas Bash)

Okay, now that my 3 month challenge is over, I can devote more time to this thread. Here's the skinny:

This year I'm eliminating the dinner since coordinating so many people at one restaurant is too time consuming (considering everything else going on.)

FRIDAY AUGUST 25, 2006 I'll have an Open House for men and women from afternoon till 6:45 p.m. All men must leave at 6:45 p.m. because at 7:00 p.m. I'll start my Slumber Party. ALL MEN (and those under 18)INCLUDING MY HUSBAND, MUST LEAVE THE PREMISES FOR APPROXIMATELY 2 HOURS DURING MY DEMO, and they're free to return afterwards. We'll just have light Snacks and "Bring Your Own Booze" since the focus for Friday is hugging, catching up, meeting new friends and the Slumber Party (I'm only doing the Slumber Party because so many people demanded it, plus I'm a big ham.) Because everyone here is so special, I will offer 40% off any one item to EVERYBODY for coming. I personally don't want to make Friday night a big drinking night, and I will be staying in that night to get up early and start cooking.

Saturday August 26 is the all-day party at my place. I'll be making Sangria this year and a Spanish rice dish. Those that are contributing to the menu can either bring your ingredients or we'll make a trip to the grocery store, so try to come a little early.

~Saturday we'll do an official White Elephant Gift Exchange, so bring a wrapped gift if you want to join.

~Saturday we'll do a clothing exchange around 1:00 p.m. so bring some good underwear since we'll all see them!

~Saturday we'll do our famous name game for Slumber prizes!

SUNDAY ~ I hope to ride my Harley with my friends JoLynn & Celest. I can take one smaller rider with me, Chris can take any size rider with him, and I'll see if our local guys can show up and bring some more people for a ride to Lake Mead.

Jenna, I need to know for sure if you'll be staying in Voo's room (haha) because some other people would like to stay at my house. Penni, I need to know ASAP if you and John are sharing the futon in my office (small but comfy.)

HOW DOES THIS SOUND SO FAR?

Jack, as you can see from my avatar, I'm a very berry kinda gal. I LOVE berries, so if there's any way you can pick & freeze some of your berries, I would with great pride add them to my Sangria in August.

Also, for those who can't make it that have nice clothes that are too big, please feel free to send them to me. Every year we do an exchange, and the extra clothing goes to charity.

Guest ASPHALT ANGEL

Oh Lisa that sounds like a blast. I sure hope Celeste gets the vacation she put in for so we can ride there.

Vines, you'll just have to stay extra long! Also, I'm scheduling you in for a 30 minute belly dancing lesson out back. My poor little house is much smaller now that Slumber takes up half the living room.

REGISTRATION FOR CRYSTAL'S BELLY DANCE LESSONS AT DELARLA'S BASH

1. DeLarla

No, no, the bash is open to all LBTers! I was going to say "bandsters" but that would limit ourselves woudln't it?

And I'll be happy to give a lesson!

Okay... I've already informed Sam that I really, really want and need to come even though he can't make it because his school year will have started by then. Ask Chris to save room for me on the back of his Harley if the seat hasn't already been spoken for. Also sign me up for the belly dancing lesson. I'm game for it all and I KNOW it will be a blast! I've already started saving so One Way or Another I WILL make it there. Yippee!!!

Can't do it. Going on a long trip in September, and likely another smaller one in August.

Damn.

I am going to be in Vegas this weekend! Staying at the Stratosphere, going to Penn & Teller on Friday night, and an ATV adventure in the Valley of Fire on Saturday. Woo Hoo. Gotta go see the Star Trek thing too.

Paul, too bad I'm busy this weekend myself with the Pipefitter's Annual Picnic (I'm the cotton candy lady) and are the races this weekend or next weekend? I can't keep up any more!

Suzi, can ya really make it? Far out!

Jenna, why didn't you sign up for belly dancing lessons?

REGISTRATION FOR CRYSTAL'S BELLY DANCING LESSONS

DeLARLA

SUZI

Lisa,

Please let me know if you need any help, Im a fab party planner, and a damn good cook ( how do you think I got this fat, I have no children to blame)

As far as hotels, Try the Southcoast, Green Valley Ranch or the Silverton, all nice places off the strip but close enough to Lisas place and within a 5 min drive ( or cab) to the strip.

If you want to stay on the strip and be close, try the mandalay bay.

OH PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SIGN ME UP for belly dance lessons!!!!

I have already started saving for the trip and as of today, April 4th we have 143 days until the bash. YIPPEE!!!!! I have never been on a Harley before. DOES THAT MAKE ME A HARLEY VIRGIN?!?!?! Can I sign up to get a ride from one of your local friends with a spare seat?

If I have to bring a pup tent and camp in your yard I will be there this year!!

I f you want any help coordinating the clothes swap I am volunteering to help. I have organized two for those of us here in Reno.

I am also a very good cook and volunteering myself to help you where ever you need help.

Are we going to start a thread that says who is comming and where they will be staying and if they are willing to share a room with someone else and what recipe they want to contribute to the cooking on saturday (just to avoid repeats of the same recipe)? oh yeah!! and if they are signing up for motorcycle rides and/or belly dancing lessons? Do they have threads/ stickies that can hold that much info? HA HA

I am stoked!!!! and I am looking for nice pretty undies to wear infront of all of you while i am trying on the clothes for the swap!!

Damn DeLarla,

I was gonna see if you and your hubby could meet up with the wife and I this weekend.

Bummer. Oh well, have fun as the cotton candy lady... but dion't eat too much of it. It's poison you know? heh heh heh

Hey John and I are going to be in Vegas this weekend to see Queen w/ Paul Rodgers. We will arrive on Friday night and have Saturday to do lunch or something. We would like to be on the road back home no later than 3p.

Paul you wanna try to hook up or is it possible? Lisa are you available?

OK Sign me up for belly dancing.