Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sangria Suarez (2006 Vegas Bash)

Plans change so fast. We aren't going to the races as planned, so other than my Slumber Party and Pipefitter's picnic, we might be able to squeeze in a visit. These tiny 2-day weekends are killing me, DeLarla needs 3 or 4 days!

Hey Lisa,

My mother lives out in Blue Diamond - not too far from the Silverton. I grew up in Las Vegas. Where about are you located?

My husband and I were thinking about visiting my mom this summer and now I'm wondering if we should plan on being in Las Vegas on the 26th. Hmmmmm.

I'm terrified of motercycles - I know, what a weenie! - but I'm up for a Slumber Party! After all, how will I know if I want to host Slumber Parties until I've been to one? Actually, I don't think I network enough to be a Slumber hostess. But I can dream, right?

I'd love to meet up with people from LBT. This has been a great experience.

ONLY 141 DAYS TO VEGAS BASH 2006!!! YEAH BABY!!:clap2:

WOW !! I dont know if I am going to be able to contain myself until the Bash...I am very excited!! :) I can't wait to meet Penni and DeLara and so many others that I chat with here. Its gonna be a lot of fun!!!:)

I can't wait for the trip! I've already started saving. I'm especially excited about the Harley ride. What fun!! Should I look for a hotel, or is the futon still available? Thanks!

Lis-

Guess you've been busy lately and haven't been to this thread. You did realize this bash is just 5 days after Slumber training in Dallas? Will you be there? I guess I can just keep my bags packed and ready to go. LOL. Confirmed the trip for sure with Sam. Count me in!!!

:typing: 136 days to VEGAS BASH 2006!!! :clap2: but hey...who is counting? I am so excited!!!

This is going to be a total blast!!!

I am going to start marking the days on my calender so that I can keep the bash in the forefront of my mind.....keeps me out of the piggy bank too...lol :mad:

I really dont see too many people chatting here about it...wonder if it is too far away yet to get excited about?? NO! Its close enought to start planning out things....

I can:cell: call around and see if we can get a group rate or discount if there are going to be enough people looking for hotel rooms...Just need to know what area of town you are near De Larla so that we wont be paying an arm and a leg for taxis. :car:

What kind of slumber paty will you have? the :mad: kind or the :Banane04: kind? LOL well with the gifts you sell...had to ask and I will use any excuse to use the "doin-the-nasty-nannas" HA HA HA

Oh did I mention that I am very excited about this?:clap2:

I just realized the dates on this silly thing are all messed up. No wonder I have problems following the threads and figuring out who posted what when... Anyway, I am also very hyped about the Vegas trip. I'm partial to Vegas since I was married there almost 2 1/2 years ago. Did I mention my step-son lives there too? Not to mention I am absolutely brimming with excitement to meet Lisa finally in person. She is not only my lap band friend but my Slumber Mom as well and a great one at that. I know this will be a weekend to remember!

Guest ASPHALT ANGEL

Is it August yet? I am ready for a road trip to Vegas BABY!!!!

Suzi, did you have to remind me that Training and the Bash are only a week apart? I'm wiped out in advance just thinking about it!

Jenna gets the guest room and Suzi gets the office (futon.) Tina, I'm sorry that my house is so small - I don't mind a tent on my tiny lawn but the neighbors might! For those who have been to my house, if you thought it was small before, now Slumber takes up all the nooks n' crannies. We need a bigger house!

Since the theme is romance, I'd like to offer everyone a 20% LBT discount on a gondola cruise out at Lake Las Vegas. It's on the way to Lake Mead. It's great for couples (champagne & chocolates or a dinner), or larger groups can go and just have fun. You can go to www.gondola.com for more info (click on "Locations"). I know ppl don't like advertising on this board, but I thought this was a perfect match for the location and theme.

I don't consider the gondola offer an advertisement ~ Lake Las Vegas is about 20 minutes from my house, and very romantic! Maybe some of you can plan to unwind there on Sunday before going home? Thanks, Gadget!

Hello Ladies and Gents! I have another exciting idea along the same line as DeLarla's Sangria Suarez in Vegas. I am considering having a "Texas Fiesta" bash and Slumber Party for those who would like to visit the Houston, TX area. I'm thinking about sometime this summer, but I wanted input from all of you to see if there was any interest in a Texas bash and what date(s) would be good for all of you'll. I also thought we could make a weekend of it like DeLarla's. Maybe have the Slumber Party on a Friday night (only ladies 18+ , sorry guys) then on Saturday we could all take a mini road trip or just party at my hacienda at get to know one another better. My home is not too far from Galveston Island, so the beach &/or Moody Gardens could be one option. We also have other fun things nearby like NASA space center, Old Town Spring (antiques, collectibles and other shopping), Raceway Park in Baytown (drag races, etc.), horseback riding and much much more. Let me know if this is of any interest to any of you and I'll be glad to start making the preparations for a Super Fun "Texas Fiesta" bash.

Suzi, looks like someone has Houston covered this summer but we'll still see each other at Training in August. I can't make this Texas party because I'll be traveling to Arizona that weekend.

So many parties, so little time...

This is actually something different than the bash on May 27th. I guess it could be combined if that is what everyone wanted. It's just that the Slumber Party portion of it is only for women 18 & over. If we already have men coming to the event on the 27th we'd have to rearrange things so that the SP would be only women. I was concerned that would cause too many complications with all of the planning Mary has already done. I want this to be a nation wide event for anyone and everyone who would wish to participate and make it like a mini summer vacation. I was hoping bandsters would like to make it a trip with their significant others and my hubby could entertain the men while the gals had the SP. The rest of the weekend would include everyone. Please let me know if this works or if you'll still want to incorporate it into the event already in place on May 27th. I'm open to suggestions. Thanks!! :noidea: