Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok so I'm thinking the best way to blend the Protein Shakes properly is going to be a small blender. Does any body have any suggestions which one to get as they vary so much in price from $20 to $100. Also what was the best way you found to take your shakes with you when you go to work? Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

My husband and I bought a Magic Bullet. He wan't it for food purposes and I wanted it for fruits moothies and my Protein Shakes. I haven't made a Protein Shake in it yet, but I could imagine it does wonders. It comes with a bunch of different sized cups and with travel lids too. My surgery is a month away. I'm planning on bringing my before lunch shake to work in a travel cup and sticking it in the fridge. Good luck!!

Buy a couple of shaker bottles at any Health store, Even Walmart sells them,

They are not all that expensive, and you can take them anywhere.

You measure out your Protein powder, say 2 scoops per 8 oz. Water. Put the Protein in a zip lock sandwich baggie, then put that in the shaker bottle,

Then at lunch add your Water first, then the powder, and shake, and enjoy'

I bought a Bella Rocket Blender in December for about $25. I used it a couple of times before my surgery in March to experiment and try it out. I have used it everyday since the beginning of March. Well, yesterday, the thing started smoking and chewed up one of the plastic bases. I have looked online at different sites, stores and the actual website for the blender itself. You can not buy replacement parts. You really only order a whole new set. So, it is pretty cheap, but also cheaply made. I have read similar comments from others on that particular brand, so buyer beware. You get what you pay for. I am currently looking into other smaller blenders.

I have a magic bullet and it has worked wonders. I have been using it for the past several days to chop up meat and veggies into tiny pieces and it has been perfect for my soft/mushy stage. The bits are so small it easy to chew and get down. Very easy to get into almost a liquid state with the bits so small while I am chewing. The magic bullet is also nice because it isn't as big as a blender so it takes up less counter space.

For the shakes, if I am at home blending in the magic bullet is great. For work I use a shaker cup as someone mentioned. You can get them at GNC, Wal-Mart etc... It is a12 oz cup with a little agitator ball, like a whisk in it which blends the powder nicely. Right now I use a fat free milk with mine so I just fill it to the 8 oz mark and carry that to work and put in the fridge there. I put my scoop of powder into a snack bag size baggie and add it to the milk whenever I am ready to have my shake.< /p>

I have a Vitamix, and it is phenomenal. It is pretty expensive, but it makes tremendous smoothies and Protein Shakes. There are no leftover lumps from any powders either. I can't wait to use it when I blend Soups.< /p>

I love my magic bullet!!! I use it every morning for my Protein Shakes. I bought mine at costco for about $45. It came with 8 cups, a solid lid, and a commuter lid. The blender cups are perfect for taking to work. I just measure out my non-fat milk, add the Protein Powder and sugar free Torani Syrup (either caramel or raspberry) and blend. I like the AMP Protein powder from GNC. I blend for about 30 seconds and it is perfect. The magic bullet is even small enough to take on trips. I am going to try to blend one in the morning to put in the fridge for lunch. That way, when the all liquid diet is here I will know if it works for me or not.

I'm on my 2nd magic bullet since they came out! I LOVE these! I tried a cheaper one and absolutely hated it. You can get them at Bed Bath & Beyond for about $50. Sign up for their coupons and you may get a 20% off coupon or $5-10 off. The magic bullet is AWESOME! If you're just looking to mix Protein Shakes, Walmart has some great Protein shaker/mixer things for around $2...ship to home for another 97 cents (they didn't care them in store around here). The bullet is great if you want to mix in fruits though or add ice to make it a little thicker.

I'm on my 2nd magic bullet since they came out! I LOVE these! I tried a cheaper one and absolutely hated it. You can get them at Bed Bath & Beyond for about $50. Sign up for their coupons and you may get a 20% off coupon or $5-10 off. The magic bullet is AWESOME! If you're just looking to mix Protein shakes, Walmart has some great Protein shaker/mixer things for around $2...ship to home for another 97 cents (they didn't care them in store around here). The bullet is great if you want to mix in fruits though or add ice to make it a little thicker.

Where do you look under at the Wal-Mart website for the shaker/mixer? I looked under health/nutrition and couldn't find it.

If you want,, Go on ebay, and buy a vitamix. Mine is the 500, so it has over 500 speeds....

Someone in our family passed away a while back, and they had ordered the original Magic Bullet. It was in this Ginormous Box

So I sold it on Craigslist for $40.00. This person was the first one to open this box. She looked and thought about it for 15 minutes.

There had to be about $80.00 - $100.00 worth of stuff in there that was of no use to me at all. So she bought it, and I said Good Luck.

To this day I would still rather have the Vitamix. If you pick up a vintage one. You can make Ice Cream, Sorbet, Juicer, almost anything you can think of.

And yes it makes awesome shakes.

I'm on my 2nd magic bullet since they came out! I LOVE these! I tried a cheaper one and absolutely hated it. You can get them at Bed Bath & Beyond for about $50. Sign up for their coupons and you may get a 20% off coupon or $5-10 off. The magic bullet is AWESOME! If you're just looking to mix Protein shakes, Walmart has some great Protein shaker/mixer things for around $2...ship to home for another 97 cents (they didn't care them in store around here). The bullet is great if you want to mix in fruits though or add ice to make it a little thicker.

http://www.walmart.c...r-1-ct/11994734

It says they're out of stock now...but keep trying, I bought 5 of these! They even wash up in the dishwasher. The tops feel a little flimsy but they are still holding up quite well. I keep one at work too!

It's the body fortress mix shaker 25oz - I can't find the path to it, just search body fortress and you'll come up with lots. I buy their Protein Shakes (They are VERY similar in nutrients to the ones my surgeon offers) and it's only $13 for about 30 servings. I buy the 3 pack for $35 and it's free shipping to home! If you prefer not to store them, you can buy one of them and it still ships free! I LOVE the walmart website. The vanilla has an AMAZING, strong, sweet flavor I can't even describe. It's super good with frozen fruit.< /p>

Does that one work well for you?? I could never get it to full mix the fruit! I had HUGE chunks of fruit that I couldn't fit through a straw. It didn't matter how much I put in there. I had to return it.

Hamilton Beech individual blender $15 at Walmart and Target.