Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need help from people who have experienced band slippage

Let me tell you everything!! i really need help from any individuals who have had band slippage before and know first hand what to expect.

I was filled around March 1, 2011. I have been stuck basically since this time. I am always having to throw up to relieve pressure (please, do not judge). Anyway, I do not have the type of job where I can take off anytime I want to, and my husband is deployed, so getting to the doctor 45 min away and home in time to pick up my daughter from the sitter is increadibly difficult. I plan on trying to get there sometime this week, but I am afraid that it is too late.

I was eating dinner, and was stuck, then suddenly my stomach started making those "bubble" noises, and I was no longer stuck. Since that time, I am able to eat just about anything with minimal issues involving the food getting stuck. I am terrified that those noises were the sound of my band slipping. I have learned my lesson...I will make an appointment this week!!

I feel no pain, no reflux, etc. I am eager to get up in the morning and see how feel; restriction is usually worse in the morning.

Anybody have any suggestions or help they can offer?? Please do not judge...I already feel terrible the way it is.

It doesn't sound like a slip but I think throwing up this early in the process is indicative of an issue. Personally, I didn't start throwing up until I was about six months in. Even if you can't go in, you should really call the doc and tell him exactly what you wrote here. If you have been banded for a month and you had no fill at surgery, then you should be able to most likely eat anything, just not a lot of it.

I was banded in November 2010, but have not had any problems since my third fill, march 2011. Sorry to confuse. I emailed my doctor, and will try to get in sometime this week. Thanks for responding...I have no one to talk to, and cannot find infiormation in the internet besides reflux, pain, etc.

That said, I am kind of in the same boat. I only keep down about 40% of what I try to eat. I am going in tomorrow for an unfill. I still think it is pretty rare for the band to slip and you might just have been stuck.

I dont think it was a slip. And if it is, you didnt cause it to happen.

I been 'relieving the pressure' every day for 4 years and my band is intact.

Sounds like you were stuck and got unstuck and now you can just relax and see what happens next.

I dont think it was a slip. And if it is, you didnt cause it to happen.

I been 'relieving the pressure' every day for 4 years and my band is intact.

Sounds like you were stuck and got unstuck and now you can just relax and see what happens next.

so, here is my story. I was banded back in 2005. I did great and lost about 100 pounds until June of 2010 after I had my baby. I had acid so bad I couldn't even lie down. I was choking on my own fluids during the night and I couldn't even keep down Water. It was miserable and I knew something was wrong. I went in for a barium swallow and sure enough my band had slipped. I waited until August to get my band fixed because I had to get the money since my insurance wouldn't cover it...So, now I have gained back most of my lost weight and I am miserable!!!

Let me tell you everything!! i really need help from any individuals who have had band slippage before and know first hand what to expect.

I was filled around March 1, 2011. I have been stuck basically since this time. I am always having to throw up to relieve pressure (please, do not judge). Anyway, I do not have the type of job where I can take off anytime I want to, and my husband is deployed, so getting to the doctor 45 min away and home in time to pick up my daughter from the sitter is increadibly difficult. I plan on trying to get there sometime this week, but I am afraid that it is too late.

I was eating dinner, and was stuck, then suddenly my stomach started making those "bubble" noises, and I was no longer stuck. Since that time, I am able to eat just about anything with minimal issues involving the food getting stuck. I am terrified that those noises were the sound of my band slipping. I have learned my lesson...I will make an appointment this week!!

I feel no pain, no reflux, etc. I am eager to get up in the morning and see how feel; restriction is usually worse in the morning.

Anybody have any suggestions or help they can offer?? Please do not judge...I already feel terrible the way it is.

I've had 3 slips & I don't think I ever noticed (the time) it slipped. Yours does not sounds like a slipage to me. I currently have my 3rd slip & I started noticing I could eat things I shouldn't be able to eat & be able to eat more & more. Then the acid reflux @ night started. I got a barium swallow today & I have a serious slip. I've got to call my surgeon tomorrow.

Tracy

You have thrown up everyday for 4 years...did i read this right???? I am hoping due to the late hour I have not....please explain..

I've had 3 slips & I don't think I ever noticed (the time) it slipped. Yours does not sounds like a slipage to me. I currently have my 3rd slip & I started noticing I could eat things I shouldn't be able to eat & be able to eat more & more. Then the acid reflux @ night started. I got a barium swallow today & I have a serious slip. I've got to call my surgeon tomorrow.

Tracy

Personally with my slipped band- i was so tight had acid reflux at night - and was very very sick with it--- my band did not open up-- it closed up and no food would stay down. I know they say it is different for every person but i believe that this more than likely isnt a slip... my slip happened bc i was violently throwing up from a bad gall bladder.

My stomach gurgles like that all the time. When I am having a stuck episode I feel the gurgling as the food is trying to move through the band. Sometimes it passes, other times it doesn't and I have to throw it up. Also if I go to long without eating I start gurgling. If you are eating fine now, it sounds just like you may have been stuck and it was passing through the band. Just to be safe maybe check with your Dr.

When I experienced my slip, I had reflux and coughed all night long. I couldn't eat anything after 5 pm, or I was up all night long.

I had to have a complete unfill for 1 month and now have 2.5 cc in my band, and can eat but am loosing again, and no REFLUX!!

Good luck, you sound okay. Karen