Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Motivation/Exercise

The womanwithin, I get my sauna suits at Walmart in the sporting goods section, $6.95??? it's cheap but the damn pants are always ripping. :(Too much friction

Well Teresa if this were another thread, I might could say, :( J/K

Bah, Im going to push through the stinking pain and just do it until it doesn't hurt anymore.

If my surgery date is pushed back anymore I might end up with another excuse not to exercise and feel sorry for myself!

Making me feel pain makes it reality lol Im a whats that called Machoist? (sp) lol

Yumm did someone say fruit cake? Ive banished all sweet stuff in our house so even that sounds good at this point :confused:

Thanks Telly - $6.95 dang Im going to go get one. I might find where I can buy them wholesale through my business and stick them in my store. If I can I'll let ya know.

You should be afraid...very afraid:heh:

It's nothing really...clue....one word "Kidnapped":speechles

I'm scared:paranoid ......i'm not coming:phanvan .....you're scaring me

Teresa were you reading my mind? hehehe

I was looking for this thread, but when I put in exercise it didnt come up with this because motivation is first? hmmm <bookmarking this one>

Someone kick my butt and remind me to exercise daily - take the pain and deal with it lol

I started exercising April 2nd and worked up to running last week, but having killer shin splints. I am trying to do this on my own because so I don't have a major problem with surgery May 26.

Anyone else have shin splints? if so what do you do about them?

Hey Telly, where do you get the sauna suit?

Hi,

Shin splints- They are caused because you are stressing your muscle in the front part of your leg- and it seperates from the bone a bit. :confused: Yeah--not a good thing.

Walking causes much less trama to the body. Believe it or not you burn the same amount of calories in a 1 mile brisk walk as you do with 1 mile of jogging. The only difference is the time it takes you to do it.

If you insist on running. Get an ace bandage and wrap you shins snuggly (not too tight as to interupt circulation). It's like a miracle cure. Also remember to stretch well,

Good Luck!!

Awwwww Stocky that was so sweet of you......

Tuesday before the meeting I took a nap....LOL......also did crunch's, hand weights and running in place.

Wed hopfully 3 miles at da Point

Thurs 3 miles at da Point

Fri 3 miles at the track

Sat Tae Bo Tape/da point 3 miles

Sun 3 miles at the track before Steps Across America

I will try to do an extra 20 minutes which should equal a mile when I can. I will be incorporating weights and floor exercise this week. Hey, I will go create a chart:bolt:

It's like a miracle cure

Thanks a bunch, can't wait to try that as well as some other suggestions.

Haven't thought of the bandages - and scary that is separates from the muscle some :(

Wed hopfully 3 miles at da Point (did it) :bananadoggywow:

Thurs 3 miles at da Point (will do)

Fri 3 miles at the track

Sat Tae Bo Tape/da point 3 miles

Sun 3 miles at the track before Steps Across America

No she didn't kidnap me .....I still don't know what that was about. How are you doing? How's the shins holding up you little woman. LOL

can I plead the 5th on this one? :heh:

lol haven't exercised in 2 days and it's driving me nuts - I think I have exerciseocd! <exercise Obsessive-Compulsive-Disorder>

Female problems threw a:brick: in my plans for this week - and we were going to the Zoo or Disney this weekend :think

Oh on a good note - I have my DH take pictures each week - omg I dread this, but it gives me some hope when I see changes - my oldest son says to me - mom look at your head it's so much smaller :bananadoggywow: I died laughing!

I actually find fast walking harder on my body than running. I have to walk so fast to get any cardiovascular benefit because I'm already reasonably fit, that my gait starts to suffer and get weird and then I always end up with really bad back and ankle pain, and yes, shin splints. I find a slow, lowish impact jog (not really running as such) at only slightly faster than a very fast walk, a lot gentler.

Hey Teresa, OMG I Just had another cup of coffee and read your post before mine - 3 miles woohoo! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Im just up to 1 mile walk/run - how long have you been walking?

I think if I tried to walk more than 1 mile at this point I might :faint:

I shocked myself when I first did 3 miles but because I was with the crew I was able to do it. They talk about me because I go into a mode where I don't want anyone to touch me or talk to me and I can't talk.....I just want to finish. Hopefully one day I will be able to get pass that.

Walk with a friend just to walk and keep going. 10,000 steps is 5 miles is using a pedometer and I usually do a 20 minute mile. I use to be able to do a 15 mile but I think I really want to be able to increase my length of walking. I want to be able to walk 5 miles straight. That should be about 1 hour and 40 minutes. I know I can do it if I take a break or two but I want to be able to go pass 3 miles without want to stop.