Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Problems with my fill

Hello everyone It has been years since I have posted anything on this site. I was banded feb 2 in 2005 or 2006 I dont remember the exact date because I have not been succesful with my band. When I started I was 420 now I am 350.

When I was banded everything was good I started to get fills and the weight was coming off but because I am an emotional eater I started to panic. I don't smoke or drink I eat to deal with everything, even tho I was going to counseling it still was like going in withdrawal because i wasn't able to eat like I used to so I would eat and throw it back up I didn't go back to the doctor for a year but when i did it was like my throat was acting like my stomach and i could throw up with no problem so he unfilled me that was three years ago.

I have worked out off and on and have managed to get my emotional eating under control and i keep my weight around 350 to 360. So I forgot to mention that after my unfill my doctor Dr. Tichansky left Memphis so I was left with no doctor that is why I haven't had a fill in three years. Well recently I found a doctor hear in Memphis that would take me I had to pay 250 to transfer and 40 for the co pay. Didn't see the doctor saw the nurse practitioner she filled me so tight right off that i couldn't even sleep without liquid coming up in to my lungs started me to cough in my sleep was throwing up constantly could even keep liquids down. So when I finally went back she did a complete unfill now i have to see the gastro to look at my stomach to make sure everything is okay.

Now I seem to have heart burn and indigestion all the time bought some Zantac and that helped immediately. I told her that I want this band removed and I want to go to the process to get gastric bypass. Thats only if everything is okay with my stomach because i think she should have put .5 cc in at a time until my stomach got used to the restriction I don't know but I started to cry in the doctor office because its just so frustrating to pay all this money for this tool and I cant even use it. I am ranting because no one around me understands what I am going threw. I feel so alone.

When I had this surgery I was in the hospital alone no one was their for me. I had a friend check me out but i drove my self home. Took care of my self while i was at home and that Monday after surgery I was back at school because i couldn't miss any more days. So this has been a struggle from the beginning. I just want this thing to work!

You sure have had a tough time but you are still 60-70 pounds lighter and that is great! Making the band work for you is still not hopeless. You should discuss getting filled more slowly so that you can ease back into using the band. You say you have the emotional part under control and that is key, it is necessary because as you know the band will not help with that nor would bypass work if you don’t have the emotional eating under control I understand how difficult it is to deal with the emotional part. I gave up smoking, soda and food vices all at once and let me tell you, I was a total mess for a while but I can tell you that it does pass.

Whether you choose to give the band another try or switch to bypass surgery, I truly wish you all the best.

Well I go into the gastro in the morning to see if their is anything wrong with my stomach or the band. I have had heart burn and indigestion almost every day since the unfill. I hope everything is okay i have had a lot of time to rethink taking the band out. I know i can work with it I just need to have slower fills not a huge fill all at once because now I am ready to do this. Just praying everything goes well in the morning.

You sure have had a tough time but you are still 60-70 pounds lighter and that is great! Making the band work for you is still not hopeless. You should discuss getting filled more slowly so that you can ease back into using the band. You say you have the emotional part under control and that is key, it is necessary because as you know the band will not help with that nor would bypass work if you don't have the emotional eating under control I understand how difficult it is to deal with the emotional part. I gave up smoking, soda and food vices all at once and let me tell you, I was a total mess for a while but I can tell you that it does pass.

Whether you choose to give the band another try or switch to bypass surgery, I truly wish you all the best.

Keeping my fingers crossed for ya...let me know what they find with the gastro.