Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any May 2011 Banders?

Thank you for the reply. I will try the GNC powder. It costs less than the True Results brand.

Hi, Weesie, congrat on your date! I haven't use True Results Protein. How much is it? Do you like it? Is it liquid or powder?

I have used unjury powder, and also GNC powder. I got the Unjury on line for $18-20 each (16.2 oz each), plus $6 shipping for the three. So I guess that averages to about $21 each container. I got the GNC 100% whey Protein Powder (16 oz) at a GNC store in the mall. It was $22, but was buy one, get one half off. So that turned out cheaper than the Unjury...came to about $17 each. All of them taste great when blended with non-fat milk and ice. I also have put it in my coffee and like it. Just got to mix it alot.

@Oldie not banded yet. To be banded on the 233rd. :-) its going.. lol

i was banded this past Monday, May 16th! I'd love to make some friends on here, so hi to everyone from Southern California!

i was banded this past Monday, May 16th! I'd love to make some friends on here, so hi to everyone from Southern California!

Congrats on having the smarts to do the banding early in life! I'm an oldie moldie and have been yoyo-ing all my life. Can hardly wait to be banded next Thursday!

How are you doing with the band? Any tips, oh now wise and experienced one?! :-)

Congrats on having the smarts to do the banding early in life! I'm an oldie moldie and have been yoyo-ing all my life. Can hardly wait to be banded next Thursday!

How are you doing with the band? Any tips, oh now wise and experienced one?! :-)

haha... well, the gas pain and breathing pain on my left side were things i hadnt expecting to be so bad... but now that i'm almost 5 days out it's gotten A LOT better... i might be (kinda) young, but i've been dieting since i've been about 11 years old and couldn't be happier about finally getting this done! cant wait for mushies.. also i recommend getting a script for the liquid vicodin from your surgeon ... there is no way i'd have dealt with the first day or two on just tylenol.. good luck! keep me posted on all your progress!

I am scheduled for May 2.

I am scheduled for May 31st!! so nervous :unsure: I just found this forum and I am a little scared at some of the posts that I've read!!!:blink:

We have the same birthday! I too was banded May 16th! Oh what a feeling to finally be done with all the insurance hoopla and on to some real results. Unofficially (by my scale at home), I'm down 17.8 pounds. I'm waiting until I see the doctor on Tuesday to update my ticker. My best wishes to you on your journey!

@Oldie not banded yet. To be banded on the 233rd. :-) its going.. lol

Good luck on your pending surgery! Your name makes me giggle. What are you going to change it to once the weight starts to melt off? I'm sure you'll come up with something clever. Anyway, be prepared to just concentrate on you and healing at least the first week out of surgery. Also, once you are feeling up to it, please let us know how it went. Again, good luck to you!

haha... well, the gas pain and breathing pain on my left side were things i hadnt expecting to be so bad... but now that i'm almost 5 days out it's gotten A LOT better... i might be (kinda) young, but i've been dieting since i've been about 11 years old and couldn't be happier about finally getting this done! cant wait for mushies.. also i recommend getting a script for the liquid vicodin from your surgeon ... there is no way i'd have dealt with the first day or two on just tylenol.. good luck! keep me posted on all your progress!

Thanks. I've got the liquid pain meds. Says it is orange flavored?! But like you, I don't care as long as it helps with the pain. My sister is a nurse and she will be staying with me for a couple of days. Nice to be a little pampered out of the deal, too!

So have you gotten on the scale?? I get on the scale every day cause I am so concerned I might gain before the surgery. My doc didn't make me do the liquid diet before surgery! I am maintaining fine. In fact, have lost about 5 lbs! But we all know how to lose, right? It's the keeping off part that I am soooo looking forward to. No more saving the "other-sized" clothes in the other closet! And even though I am old, I am so looking forward to wearing stylish clothes again, and even heels again! OK, maybe wedgies!

Keep posting updates. Super good luck to you!!!

I am scheduled for May 31st!! so nervous :unsure: I just found this forum and I am a little scared at some of the posts that I've read!!!:blink:

Well, knowledge is power! It's good to know all the possibilities. Remember, there are sooo many people getting the lap band. I'm betting most only have mild uncomfortableness, and then, for such a short period of time. I think of it as MAYBE a little pain or discomfort in exchange for a way more positive life, and a way more bitchen bod! (now I'm showing my age!)

And there are several posts where they say they are experiencing mild discomfort, are doing fine the next day, etc. I am 62 and getting the band May 26th. My friend, age 63, got the band 6 months ago. She was fine from the day of surgery on, except the port was a little infected, which antibiotics cured in no time. She has dropped from a size 20 to a size 14!!!

Good luck to you! I'm sure you will do super! Looking forward to your posts after the surgery!

When you were on your 2 week diet did you ever slip up & eat healthy regular foods?

I did :( And I ate a bit of "not so healthy" foods too. My pre op diet ran through Easter, so my surgeon told me I could eat a "small" meal for Easter... Needless to say that "small meal" turned into like three "small meals". I also ate a couple of tortillas during that time (don't know why I chose that.... just happened). After my surgery my doc told me that my liver was perfect and I still lost about 5 lbs! So it worked out for me.. I wouldn't recommend cheating TOO much, but I don't think a nibble or two will kill you :) Good luck!

My surgery is Monday. I am very nervous and scared but excited at the same time. I like reading everyong stories they really help. Some of the stories have really scared me though. If you could do it again would you?

Jenn my surgery is Monday too! I'm more excited than nervous really. Good luck to u.

good luck ladies on your upcoming surgeries! i got banded on friday the 20th of May. Feel free to PM me any questions or concerns. I'm an open book.

I was banded Tuesday, and go back to work tomorrow. :( I liked being home lol. In general I'm feeling really good. Just a little aggravated when I cook for my family and then walk away so I can have crystal light. But, it's temporary and for the greater good.