Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Biggest Loser or South of France

Ok this is a long story but I will try to keep it short. As some of you may remember I am involved with this guy John who is a singer songwriter. We went on tour in 2000 doing House Concerts and had an L.A. based film crew follow us around and do a documentary. We finally got a distribution deal signed sealed and delivered last month. WHOO HOO!!

The distributor is taking the film to Cannes Film Market in May. Guess who has the opportunity to go to the French Riviera in May? YUP! ME and John of course.

So what does this have to do with Biggest Loser auditions? I am getting ready to tell you. GEEZ you guys are impatient. LOL!! Anyway, the Biggest Loser contract was downloaded and filled out two weeks ago. I re-read it last night and discovered I would need to be available for filming, because you know I would be picked, from Feb through June. SIGH!!

So Biggest Loser or South of France??? HMMM!! Hard decision!! Thoughts from you guys?

Biggest Loser is a one time deal, but France has been around forever. You gotta make your own choice. What means more to you?

No contest. The south of France. They're telling you to be available for five months! That doesn't mean sit still and do nothing all that time. And, frankly, the chances that you will be picked are slim. Don't pass up Cannes for the mere possibility that TBL will pick you!! You can always skip Cannes if you must.

Unless I'm missing something and you already have been picked for TBL?

When will you find out about your chances at being on The Biggest Loser? Is it possible to postpone making your reservations for France until after you know you make it on the show or not??? Or can you buy a refundable ticket just in case?

Good luck whatever you choose to do, both sound like very exciting adventures.

Oh, South of France, no question. They have these new fangled things now called "aeroplanes" that actaually will fly across the Atlantic ocean much faster than the usual ocean liner. They have also invented new ways to use the Ameche, although many people are calling it a "telephone."

Well, it looks like I'm in the minority here, but I say Biggest Loser, baby! I would LOVE to go on that show. What an opportunity to change your life! Traveling is awesome, no doubt, but you come back to the life you left....

But having said that, what about the possibility of having your calls routed to your cell phone when you're gone and IF they call, hop on a plane!?

Two great options, if you ask me....good luck!

I say go to France. What an awesome opportunity! You can always lose weight, but going to France is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

NO QUESTION!!!

THE BIGGEST LOSER

FOR SURE!!!

Do you actually think you'll feel better about yourself after you return from France?

or will it have been another trip?

Or do you think you'll feel better after they pick you & your life changes forever?

I know.. B/c I know you!!

PLUS & this is A HUGE +

who the heck says if for some reason your not picked

(no chance in hell that will happen)

that you can't fly over then????

Nobody thats who.

So help me GOD I will personally come down there & kick your ass if you do not do the biggest loser!!!

You can always fly over to France & meet up w/John. Besides all the hard work on the film is done. Now it will be all the glory, which you can Celebrate after he has won the Festival!!

I am VERY VERY STOKED for John!!!!

Tell him , I am so happy to say I knew him when:0)

PS. France isn't all that anyhow-really I know.

CONGRATULATIONS ALL AROUND TO EVERYTHING!

I say South of France......what an opportunity.

How are you doing on the war front with the no band....

I have been weighing (Pun intended) all my options. I still am not sure what I will do. The contract sitpulates that you must be available to travel between Feb and June. So if I get picked for BIggest Loser then France is definitely OUT. Unless I of course get voted off immediately which we all know I won't. LOL!!!

THe deadline for submitting via mail is Jan 31st so I have to decide fast.

The struggle is on-going with NO band. THanks for asking. I started my Nutrisystem foods and so far so good. I weigh in tomorrow for Lisa's challenge.

I am hampered somewhat due to my back attacking up AGAIN!! It is my sciatica. Or as John calls it my "psychotic nerve". LOL!!! So Flexiril and Lortab are my friends right now. I am getting better but this slows down my exercise routine ALOT. I can't get out of a chair without it hurting. I can't sit on the potty without it hurting. I can't lie in one position for too long or it hurts. Get the picture? I HURT!! This is only the second day for me to suffer so I hope by Monday I will be better enough to go for a walk. Keep your fingers crossed.

I think I will make my decision soon regarding this dilemma. I will keep you guys posted.

Geez Penni - I hate to hear that you are in this pain. I will be praying for you.

I really understand wanting to do both things.....as an artist - I would go for the France thing......

I am going to be your little friend asking you how you are doing - you won't be without the band cause "with the band" is going to be with you cheering you on in your efforts.

Take care and I hope you feel better.

Nancy

IMHO -- No question, South of France.

You won't ever get the chance to go to Canne again (and especially under these AMAZINGLY COOL circumstances)... or at least, probably not. The Biggest Loser, well, that's going to be on TV for years (again, IMHO), so you can always try again in the future.

For me, there's no question... Go France! :)

Penni - you'll be a star either way...

One assumes that if you are selected for TBL, they will give you a more definite time-line.

Maybe you can do both? I would be all for trying that. But, if I HAD to choose, I would go to Cannes.

TBL will do another season, and another, and another... There is no shortage of raw materials for them to film, if you know what I mean. You can always apply for the next season, or the one after that.

If you can't do both - go to Cannes... Besides, if you go to Cannes, and get selected for a later season of TBL, think of the fun you will have dropping names from your trip!

Good Luck!!