Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Look for help in California

I am in the same situation as you! They told me they were in network ( which they are not) with my insurance. And they are trying to bill my insurance $13000.00 for an endoscopy!!! so now i am finally getting the hint to go elsewhere. Have you found somewhere you are going to go with??

I had been wondering about 1800 get thin. Thanks for the replies. I had started the process with their office in Beverly Hills, but ignored the bad vibes I had because I want the lapband so bad. I am spooked now. I think I will look into other facilities. Thank you for posting.

I've been giving serious thought about the lapband for some time now.... after some research it seems like a lot of places in the Los Angeles area are popup shops and have notoriously bad feedback online. (IE - ripoffreport.com) like 1800 get slim.

Does anyone have a doctor they trust in Los Angeles? If so, let me know, I hope she/he takes Anthem....

Thank you for your time and expertise.

Dr. Sergey Lyass in Glendale did mine and he is great. Lyassmed.com

I am in the same situation as you! They told me they were in network ( which they are not) with my insurance. And they are trying to bill my insurance $13000.00 for an endoscopy!!! so now i am finally getting the hint to go elsewhere. Have you found somewhere you are going to go with??

If you are near the Newport Beach area or willing to commute, it's well worth it! They have an awesome team and friendly helpful staff and do almost everything but the actual surgery inhouse.

The New Program is the name and they give you all insurance info the day of an orientation and you meet the dr that day too

no hidden fee's

I have a friend going there now too and is happy and surgery scheduled for her too!!!!

949-428-4100

Heather Cagle referred you!

Thank you so very much! I just called them and spoke with Paula! Getting the ball rolling again :) THANKS

If you are near the Newport Beach area or willing to commute, it's well worth it! They have an awesome team and friendly helpful staff and do almost everything but the actual surgery inhouse.

The New Program is the name and they give you all insurance info the day of an orientation and you meet the dr that day too

no hidden fee's

I have a friend going there now too and is happy and surgery scheduled for her too!!!!

949-428-4100

Heather Cagle referred you!

Thank you so very much! I just called them and spoke with Paula! Getting the ball rolling again :) THANKS

Awesome, good luck! If you need anything or have any questions you can contact me too.... if you have Facebook, search Heather Cagle Snarey

i will find you on FB! How much did you pay for the first consult? Paula mentioned they would bill my insurance but i would be responsible for whatever left. Did you have to pay anything?

I know this may be out of your way a bit by an hour or so, but I definitely recommend Dr. Peter Leport's bariatric team located in Fountain Valley, CA.

I can't say enough wonderful things about this place. They help you from "hello" to the moment you are ready to get banded.

Insurance is a pain in the rear anywhere you go, but with a staff that's personal and helps you stay on track and get everything done to get approved.

Laport is where I started process and was 2 wks from surgery when they said I had out of network fee of $1200. My insurance is investaging them cuz they told me they pair in network dr w out network asst of purpose.

I would ne'er recommend then to anyone. I'm not tge first w this issue!!!!

I had been wondering about 1800 get thin. Thanks for the replies. I had started the process with their office in Beverly Hills, but ignored the bad vibes I had because I want the lapband so bad. I am spooked now. I think I will look into other facilities. Thank you for posting.

HELLO I WENT TO THIS OFFICE AND I HAVENT HAD ANY ISSUES OR PROBLEMS....

If anyone would like information about the lap band near LA and don't know how it works, or who to get it with, then go ahead and ask away. You can contact me through here or contact me on FB facebook.com/kfrancolapband or by email kfranco1087@gmail.com

Yes please dont go with them, if you have questions add me on FB www.facebook.com/kfrancolapband