Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was wearing a 46C before beginning my pre-op diet, then down to 46B on surgery day. Today, at 4 weeks post op, I can comfortably hook the 46B on the next tighter eye, but the cup is too big. The extra fabric scrunches under my shirt and looks awful. In the meantime, for work I lay a folded up sock inside my bra underneath to help fill out the cup so it doesn't look so bad. When the band part is too big, then I'll buy a smaller cup size as well (geez, that's going to be an A.....)

7 mos ago I was at Lane Bryant and the sized me at a 42 DDD!!!! WTH??? but it was comfy... I think their sizes run on the BIG size though, now that I am 6 mos into my journey I am able to hook the 3rd eye and the cup is too big kinda like what AquarianCrab said the cup is big...

Have not put socks in my bra though I'll just go get new ones when the hook part of the bra is too big.

I spent hundreds of dollars at LB for Bras not about to do it again anytime soon...

I've gone from someone you would describe as large breasted - not huge - but definitely well endowned, to someone you would definitely call small breasted. You just cant tell how much is simply fat and how much your breasts will hang onto.

I wore a Playtex 48-C and am now wearing a 40-B. I love how they look and feel. Im no longer young, but they are not droopy either. Dont even think about augmenation surgeries until you've lost what you want :)

~hiddn

I lost over 50 lbs before I dropped in my bra size. Went from a 42DD to a 40DD. They are getting a little big now. Have dropped about another 40 since then. I seem to be slow seeing changes in my sizes. I went from an 18 in pants to finally a 14 in jean after 90 lbs. I also am only down 1 size in tops. I looked at old pics b/c I wondered if my clothes were way too tight when I was at my highest weight. They did not seem to be. Weird. I keep hooking the bras on the smallest hook b/c they are so expensive.

48 DD, lost 60 lbs, down to a 46 C LONG!!!

Yea i had to get a new one because it was too big.

You might need surgery later, after you lose all your weight, it can wreck havoc on your boobs

I had a breast reduction in 2004. It was the BEST thing I ever did. I went from a 46DDD to a 38C. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I don't get smaller than a 34C when I reach my goal weight. I'm only 5'2" .... so I'm happy being smaller. I think being too big at my height, can make me look dumpy. Anyway... I guess if I had to, I can always buy a bra with extra padding.

Although I had my breast reduction years ago.... I would definitely wait until you reach your goal to get the reduction/lift.

Yea I can definately see why folks get their breasts done after losing weight....I never had a lot to begin with (44D) but now I really don't have much! I wear mostly a 38C - and there is NO perkiness whatsoever in these poor gals. LOL :rolleyes: I think it is sad that one of the first places I lost weight was my chest! But on the upside it could be worse....at least I won't ever have to worry about back pain from them....ha ha ha

Kim

I would wait until you reach your goal.

I started out in a DD bra, and I have lost 90 pounds, and I am still in a DD bra. Mine went nowhere but I'm not complaining. LOL.

When I started this journey 3 months ago I was a 44c with back fat. While I am no where near the end of my journey.... Last week I grabbed an old bra which is a 38 B and it fits perfectly. I am down 58 lbs.

I was a 44 i and now I am a 40DD...that's at least 4-5 cup sizes and I have only lost 30 pounds. Wait a while and if/when you are ready make that decision for yourself!

I want to lose some boobies! A few years ago I lost 65 pounds and my bra size didn't change at all. =(

From someone who's had a breast reduction...wait until you get to your goal weight!! It's major surgery!!! I'm 48 and I had a breast reduction when I was 28... and I still remember the pain!!! I've lost 45lbs since Sept. my bra size went from a 40C to a 36D....the lady that fitted me said 90% of all women wear the wrong size bra!! She tried to get me to buy a DD, but I refused. The D is comfortable, but 1 of my boobs is much smaller than the other and it doesn't nearly fill up the cup!! Good luck!! I'm hoping to get into a B cup again!!!

BamaMom

Most surgeons will not do a reduction on someone who is losing weight. They will want you to be at your goal weight, and a size you can maintain, before they will do anything. Some women have breasts that are mostly fat, and they will lost a lot of volume from weight loss. Some women have significant breast tissue, and those won't change much with weight loss. In my case, I am the latter. My band size has changed from a 44 to a 38 with only 50 pounds of weight loss, but my cup size has gone from a DDD to a G. So mine have gotten bigger! I plan to have a reduction as soon as I reach my goal weight because of the pain in my back and shoulders, but if you don't have those problems, then you probably wouldn't even be able to get a reduction covered. This is a person decision and not some thing anyone can make you do. The nurse probably thought she was helping by making a suggestion to have a reduction, but that is your choice and you shouldn't do it if you don't really want to. Regardless, you have time to think about it as you work towards your weight loss goal.