Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

starting over with lapband

I am so glad that I came across this post today.... I also need to take accountability. I was banded in March 2008 and I lost over 100 lbs with the help of the lapband. However, I moved out of state and needed to get all of my fill removed to be seen by a new Doctor for fills... needless to say I have gained back almost all of my weight in about a year. I went in for a fill today and I have got to get back on the bandwagon!! I want to get back to where I was and I need to start following the all of the rules, all of the time... not just when it is convenient for me!

Geez Formerly Fluffy, way to put someone down. How about offering advice rather than just being nasty? It takes some people longer than others to find their sweet spot or whatever you want to call it, as well as learning what their body needs - no one needs a downer like you!

I too had to start over because after losng 70lbs I quit smoking and my weight just stopped for 7 months. I had a fill in December and one a week ago. The last fill seemed to do the trick. I havent gained but losing is a big problem for me now. The scale was moving while on liquids then just stopped when I resumed eating food again so I am trying liquids for a while because I really am not hungry so I think Protein Shakes are just fine. You can do it. We all can do it. We all will slip and fall but we have to get back up and I found that joining curves was a God send to me because it goes so fast and you really are working hard in those 30 minutes. You will do it just keep on keeping on.

Geez Formerly Fluffy, way to put someone down. How about offering advice rather than just being nasty? It takes some people longer than others to find their sweet spot or whatever you want to call it, as well as learning what their body needs - no one needs a downer like you!

Excuse me?! How is that insulting her???

She has had the band over 3 yrs.! How much time would u want her to waste on the band????????????

Excuse me?! How is that insulting her???

She has had the band over 3 yrs.! How much time would u want her to waste on the band????????????

Formerly Fluffy,

I did lose weight with the lap band, I lost over 100 lbs. The reason that I stopped losing weight and gained it back was because I had to get all of the Fluid removed from my band and leave it out for 6 months before a Doctor in my home town would do my fills. I am not saying that I have been following the rules, because I didn't.

You are a very judgmental person and I hope that you never have to reap the seeds that you have sown. It is because of people like you and your negative attitude that people are not honest when they fall of the band wagon and why they do not turn to the lap band talk support system to get back on track.

Best of luck to you on your journey, I do not want people like you in my life!!

Formerly Fluffy,

I did lose weight with the lap band, I lost over 100 lbs. The reason that I stopped losing weight and gained it back was because I had to get all of the Fluid removed from my band and leave it out for 6 months before a Doctor in my home town would do my fills. I am not saying that I have been following the rules, because I didn't.

You are a very judgmental person and I hope that you never have to reap the seeds that you have sown. It is because of people like you and your negative attitude that people are not honest when they fall of the band wagon and why they do not turn to the lap band talk support system to get back on track.

Best of luck to you on your journey, I do not want people like you in my life!!

I get the feeling that you guys are missing each other's point. I thought Formerly Fluffy was trying to encourage you to seek another option not because you're a problem but the band might be.... My doc mentioned that to me before the op that I might find it doesn't work for me/my personality/ temperament. That doesn't make me bad just that Imight want to consider another option. I DON'T want to go there at this point and want to keep on trying. You've had such a challenge as I have.... let's keep positive, forgive Formerly Fluffy for putting things down in a way that you could be misunderstood and just look at all the positives.... WE STILL HAVE OUR BAND AND OUR DOCTORS :D . Have a good week

I get the feeling that you guys are missing each other's point. I thought Formerly Fluffy was trying to encourage you to seek another option not because you're a problem but the band might be.... My doc mentioned that to me before the op that I might find it doesn't work for me/my personality/ temperament. That doesn't make me bad just that Imight want to consider another option. I DON'T want to go there at this point and want to keep on trying. You've had such a challenge as I have.... let's keep positive, forgive Formerly Fluffy for putting things down in a way that you could be misunderstood and just look at all the positives.... WE STILL HAVE OUR BAND AND OUR DOCTORS :D . Have a good week

Sorry, mixing up your user names.... all this fluffiness is going to my head being a bunny!!!:P

I'm so glad I found this thred. I'm right here with you all. Banded in Jan of 2008 I've been down and up, down and back up. For some reason I thought that once I had the band I wouldn't be riding this roller coaster anymore-reality check I guess ;) So my starting weight was nearly 300- I think I was 292 the day of surgery. I got down to 203 at my lowest but over the summer gained 5lbs with vacationing and indulging in summer BBQ's anyhow at 208 I found out I was pregnant with my second baby (first post band) My pregnancy was very smooth, never even needed an unfill, however I gained around 30ish lbs during my pregnancy. I wasn't super concerned with that weight gain as I had gained around 50with my first so I thought I had done well :rolleyes: Anyhow I lost almost all of it right after I had my baby!!!! I dont' know how? breast feeding?..I was down to 207 at one point and it just went up from there. Since returning back to work (baby is now 9months old) all I do is eat on the run, eat out at lunch, eat crap crap crap at my desk all day and get ZERO exercise! I'm currently back up to 229! ugg

I don't even know where to begin to get back on track?! seriously I eat whatever I want, even bread-wouldnt even know my band was there except for the times I eat to fast or something my band realy gets mad at and I puke it back up. I just cant seem to wrap my head around getting back on track!! help!

:) This is a great thread!

I hope we can keep this going. I have definitely slacked off over the Winter.

I only put on maybe 6 lbs., but I was still about 14 lbs. from Wonderland, which I really, really want to get to.

My insurance no longer covers my band. That is a big reason I have slacked off with my dr. visits. Money is very tight and I just could not afford the visits.

I plan to go for my yearly weigh in/ check up though and try to get back on track.

This is a great thread! I hope we can all support each other and keep this thread going!

Back on the Protein shakes and back to basics for me!

I'm so glad I found this thred. I'm right here with you all. Banded in Jan of 2008 I've been down and up, down and back up. For some reason I thought that once I had the band I wouldn't be riding this roller coaster anymore-reality check I guess ;) So my starting weight was nearly 300- I think I was 292 the day of surgery. I got down to 203 at my lowest but over the summer gained 5lbs with vacationing and indulging in summer BBQ's anyhow at 208 I found out I was pregnant with my second baby (first post band) My pregnancy was very smooth, never even needed an unfill, however I gained around 30ish lbs during my pregnancy. I wasn't super concerned with that weight gain as I had gained around 50with my first so I thought I had done well :rolleyes: Anyhow I lost almost all of it right after I had my baby!!!! I dont' know how? breast feeding?..I was down to 207 at one point and it just went up from there. Since returning back to work (baby is now 9months old) all I do is eat on the run, eat out at lunch, eat crap crap crap at my desk all day and get ZERO exercise! I'm currently back up to 229! ugg

I don't even know where to begin to get back on track?! seriously I eat whatever I want, even bread-wouldnt even know my band was there except for the times I eat to fast or something my band realy gets mad at and I puke it back up. I just cant seem to wrap my head around getting back on track!! help!

I too have failed the Band. I was banded November 2006 and slowly lost about 80 lbs within 1 1/2 years. I have restriction but know how to eat around my band. I have since gained all 80 lbs and am back at just 5 lbs below my starting weight. :angry: It's very frustrating and I don't find it realistic to think I can do a liquid diet for weeks on end because to me it sets me up for failure. I hope this thread will be a big motivator for all of us who have fallen off the "band wagon". Good luck to you all and lets continue to support each other in these hard times.:D

oh man! you said it perfectly! I too have learned to "eat around my band' I think there was a part of me that thought the band was going to "fix" my weight issues but as well all know it's just a 'tool' that we have to 'use' to help us. It still takes effort and sometimes I just get so sick of counting calories and planning meals ahead of time. I have two kids now and life has just been so insaine hat I'm the last thing I take care of. I tell myself every week "ok back on track" and I always fail. I haven't been into the Doc for a few years because I was pregnanct so forth and wasn't thinking about fills and such. Plus it's $200 to go in for an adjustment. I was self pay. Anyhow I'm gonna save up and do it in the next few weeks. Hoping this will help me get focused again.Reallly looking forward o supporting eachother while getting back on track!

have a great day!!

I too have failed the Band. I was banded November 2006 and slowly lost about 80 lbs within 1 1/2 years. I have restriction but know how to eat around my band. I have since gained all 80 lbs and am back at just 5 lbs below my starting weight. :angry: It's very frustrating and I don't find it realistic to think I can do a liquid diet for weeks on end because to me it sets me up for failure. I hope this thread will be a big motivator for all of us who have fallen off the "band wagon". Good luck to you all and lets continue to support each other in these hard times.:D

Oh this is all SO me!! I was banded Aug 09 and lost 82 lbs as of this past October, ran a half marathon on Oct 23rd, came home and quit exercising, made 2 trips to Ethiopia to bring home our baby girl in January and have since gained 15 lbs and am SO upset with myself. Working full time, now with 4 kids I just have put my eating habits and exercising on the back burner. I find myself obsessing over food....I just can't ever get enough! I wouldn't even know my band was there if it didn't hurt sometimes when I take a sip of a coke. I've read on the food addicts anonymous website about food addiction having everything to do with the chemical addiction our bodies get to sugar/flour/wheat products of any type. While I know this describes me to a T, i can't seem to find the power to just stop! I eat crappy foods ALL the time! I will start out the day good, but by the end of the day cravings take over and a cave in. Ugh. I want to get to 206 SOOOO bad, which will be 100 lbs lost...it's only 22 lbs. But apparently I don't want it bad enough. I'm getting a fill next Friday, so hoping that will help with the hunger for a while and maybe that'll help with the massive food thoughts.

.....gosh, this turned out to be a huge rambling session for me! Sorry folks! biggrin.gif

Oh this is all SO me!! I was banded Aug 09 and lost 82 lbs as of this past October, ran a half marathon on Oct 23rd, came home and quit exercising, made 2 trips to Ethiopia to bring home our baby girl in January and have since gained 15 lbs and am SO upset with myself. Working full time, now with 4 kids I just have put my eating habits and exercising on the back burner. I find myself obsessing over food....I just can't ever get enough! I wouldn't even know my band was there if it didn't hurt sometimes when I take a sip of a coke. I've read on the food addicts anonymous website about food addiction having everything to do with the chemical addiction our bodies get to sugar/flour/wheat products of any type. While I know this describes me to a T, i can't seem to find the power to just stop! I eat crappy foods ALL the time! I will start out the day good, but by the end of the day cravings take over and a cave in. Ugh. I want to get to 206 SOOOO bad, which will be 100 lbs lost...it's only 22 lbs. But apparently I don't want it bad enough. I'm getting a fill next Friday, so hoping that will help with the hunger for a while and maybe that'll help with the massive food thoughts.

.....gosh, this turned out to be a huge rambling session for me! Sorry folks! biggrin.gif

My heart goes out to all of YOU... my dear friend, who is a counsellor, often asks me this question: "What unmet needs do you have that you're replacing with food?" So I ask myself: 'At this moment I really want to eat something even though I'm not hungry. What I really need ...... (is a calmer and more peaceful heart or my stress levels to be lowered or to know that I'm loved or to love myself more as Ive been self hating or to make peace and forgive X or to deal with my loneliness and boredom or to bring down my anger/irritation/frustration etc etc. My life pattern has been to fill that void by nibbling, wandering to the fridge and staring inside. I'm involved in a course which is called Boundaries which is a popular book all about when to say yes and when to say no to take charge of ones life. I'm working on that NO to the nibbles and trying to identify what need I;m medicating with food. I Hope this gives you dear fellow strugglers some food ;) for thought and encouragement to do a self check as you turn to the naughties. Wishing you strength and peace and self control in the week ahead.:scales: