Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

EPSON016.JPG CIMG0172.JPG UntitledAlbum.jpg DSCN0604.JPGDSCN0606.JPGCIMG0171.JPG 400 LBS!!!Well I was banded on 2-24-10 and I weighed 355, but I had topped out somewhere around 410 or so. Sadly I never knew what the highest I weighed because there were no scales that would read that high. Anyway, I like everyone else in here had tried to loose the weight and I always dropped 75-100 LBS just to gain it and some back, thats when i looked into WLS. I had a friend that went through Dr. Richard Carter and was happy so I decided to give him a call and went to a seminar and I was really please with his personality and overall seemed like a great guy that would take care of you. I was right! he is a wonderful surgeon and a great Dr. that has the highest hopes for you and really wants you to succeed. I had the operation and evrything was fine, I was in a lot of pain and I believe most was from the hernia they had to sew up but I survived! I waited the 2 months to begin any physical activitys but i did go to the gym and walk a few weeks afterwards, after the 2 months were up I was in the gym at 4 am doing 3 miles on the eliptical machine and then I would go back at 6 to do three more! On my 3 month bandaversery I was down 70 lbs and had not had a fill yet, I was getting very pissed off because he installs the band empty and makes you wait 3 months for the first fill, but that was a blessing as it got me in the mindset of eating better foods, chewing, and getting all of my food addiction killed. Like I said, 70 lbs down in 3 months!!! and the Dr was excited too! I kept my cardio schedule the same and added weight traing in the mix as well. I have been liufting weight my entire life but with the extra 200 lbs I never could see any resutls, that would always get me down and I would eventually stop lifting for months on end. But now with the weight loss I was seing drastic changes in my body and I just kept training harder and harder until I was going to the gym 7 days a week twice a day, I started to see amazing results but ended getting sick from over training. By now I have had my 3rd fill and it was July and I was weighin in at 238 or so, the smallest I have been since JR high. My wife was loving the new me and thought that that was the perfect weight for me but I wanted to break into the 100's for the first time since (no shit) elementary school, yea I was a big kid! I guess I will finish here to not bore everyone, I cannot type and this alone took an Hour to type out, but if I can help inspire people to better there life and prove the haters that Lap Band DOES work it was worth it. I started at surgery date 355, today I weigh 195 and have maintained that weigh since the end of august so I lost 155 lbs in 6 months and have been able to maintain that weight and enjoy life. It can be done but you have to use the band and not rely on the band, You and only YOU can decide that that tasty chocolate is not worth it and you can live with out it. I keep hearing from the guys at work "you dont know what your missing" but my reply is I didnt get to 400+ lbs by "missing" out! I look bad and I used evry excuse in the book, I have a slow metobolism, its genetics, my whole family is fat, and the list goes on. I was the only one that could make the band work and I did, I made the decisions not to eat the rolls or chips when we went out to eat, not the band. I didnt eat the kids halloween candy like I use too, and the band didnt stop me I did!!!!!!!! You can too Thanks for the read

I cant figure out how to add pics......HMMMMMM

Oh my gosh! Thanks for sharing. You have done so well and you will be around longer for the wife, kids and yourself! I am so glad the band has worked for you.

Congrats on your amazing success and thanks for sharing your story! How inspirational! I hope you figure out the pictures as I'm sure you look amazing!!

Way to go! I know your family is so proud of u but most of all I know you r proud of yourself for staying focus :lol:

congrats on a tough, but realistic job well done!:lol:

Congratulations! Your story is very inspiring. Onederland must be an amazing place - hopefully I'll be there too some day. While I don't see myself going to the gym 14 times a week, I have begun-albeit slowly-to incorporate exercise into my life too. You wife & kids are fortunate that they will have you around for a long time to come. Way to go!

Sorry for the crazy pictures, still trying to figure out how to attach all this stuff. Thanks everyone for the kibd words, I am really pleased with everything so far!

Beedo..Amazing work! I'm so happy for you and your family. Talk about inspirational!

Beedo, thank you for a heartwarming story and for sharing with us! My son has just started his journey. He won't get his surgery until the summer due to the 6 month diet plan. I will be excited for him to finally get his surgery. I had mine on Oct30,2009. It was the BEST thing ever for me. I have lost 104 lbs, an dam in maintenance, too. Your pictures are truly amazing, and I know that your friends and family are pleased and proud. "don't let those jealous men at work get you down, they only wish they looked as good eating their chocolate cakes"!!!!! Love it! Karen(kll724).

" can be done but you have to use the band and not rely on the band, You and only YOU can decide that that tasty chocolate is not worth it and you can live with out it."

I couldnt agree more! I find, even with an empty band currently, that I make better choices and concentrate on better portions. I didn't go through major surgery to get back to my old habits! I wont have my first fill for a while and being 2 weeks post-op, just got back on the elliptical yesterday. It felt good! Your post is totally inspirational!

Thanks for sharing!

" can be done but you have to use the band and not rely on the band, You and only YOU can decide that that tasty chocolate is not worth it and you can live with out it."

I couldnt agree more! I find, even with an empty band currently, that I make better choices and concentrate on better portions. I didn't go through major surgery to get back to my old habits! I wont have my first fill for a while and being 2 weeks post-op, just got back on the elliptical yesterday. It felt good! Your post is totally inspirational!

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks, everyone for reading and for the kind words! EdomontonGal, I had to go 2.5 months before my first fill and I ate almost a pound of baby carrots a day so I could always have something to eat. 1 pound of carrots was about 175 calories and then I had my Protein shakes for Breakfast and then dinner and a little bit of deli turkey for lunch, and this was with an empty band too. I could have eaten what ever I wanted but like you I made good food choices and it has paid off and it will for you too! I have read on here time and time again that people are not loosing weight but as soon as someone asks what they are eating they reply not what they should be, and they had icecream, Cookies, or whatever. I have a good friend that was banded two years ago and hasnt lost a pound and thinks I had a magic band installed, all this while he sips on his can of pepsi and eating a huge piece of Bday cake. Keep up the good work it will pay off

Kll724

Congrats on the 104 LBS lost! I know you feel a lot better with it all off, I wish the best for your son but I am sure he will be fine with you as his mentor