Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

~~Hello~~ I'm new here and love it!

Hello everyone! I have been around for a short time and have even responded here and there but I wanted to formally introduce myself. My name is Tanya. I am 38 and weigh (gulp) 280 pounds. I live in California, about 1 1/2 hour drive from San Diego. I am married to a great guy (just celebrated 8 yrs) and I have a 14 year old son. I have always been heavy but in the past year there have been some rather difficult times in my life and I gained about 30 more. I have prayed that God would help me somehow and I do believe my prayers have been answered. I had my first doctor appointment to discuss with my dr the Lap Band surgery. It was awesome. After being on this site and learning so much and seeing videos on You tube I was able to walk in there and tell her what I wanted and know what I was getting into. So they are contacting my insurance to double check if it is covered (I mentioned that I called already and asked and they said yes, if deemed medically necessary). So the nurse told me to wait 10 days and call them back. That will be next friday. I am excited to get the process going.....hopefully all the documents are good and there are no problems with the insurance.

I am so glad to have found this site and am so grateful for you all.

Tanya

Hi Bubbles,

I'm new here also. Hope you make the right decision about your WLS and that things go well for u!

Maria

Hello everyone! I have been around for a short time and have even responded here and there but I wanted to formally introduce myself. My name is Tanya. I am 38 and weigh (gulp) 280 pounds. I live in California, about 1 1/2 hour drive from San Diego. I am married to a great guy (just celebrated 8 yrs) and I have a 14 year old son. I have always been heavy but in the past year there have been some rather difficult times in my life and I gained about 30 more. I have prayed that God would help me somehow and I do believe my prayers have been answered. I had my first doctor appointment to discuss with my dr the Lap Band surgery. It was awesome. After being on this site and learning so much and seeing videos on You tube I was able to walk in there and tell her what I wanted and know what I was getting into. So they are contacting my insurance to double check if it is covered (I mentioned that I called already and asked and they said yes, if deemed medically necessary). So the nurse told me to wait 10 days and call them back. That will be next friday. I am excited to get the process going.....hopefully all the documents are good and there are no problems with the insurance.

Tanya

Welcome!!

We sound like we have things in common. I have been married 6 years and I have a 15 year old. I also have a 5 year old. I am 35 and at my heaviest (right before surgery) I was 285. Not good when you are 5'3"!!! I don't live in California, but I did many years ago. Does that count?? hehe

I also prayed a lot about surgery and did a lot of research. One day my mind "clicked" and I decided to get lap band. I just had my surgery 10/12/10, and I am very happy. This was the best decison I ever made. Do not be discouraged by any requirements your insurance may have. Mine seemed like a never ending list, but surgery came before I knew it.

I am very happy with my outcome and I hope you find the same happiness. Please keep us posted or feel free to add me as I friend. I am very new at this, but I would be happy to answer any questions you may have. Good luck!!!!

Hi Tanya,

Congratulations on your decision. I'm sure you won't regret it. I just found this site myself and am scheduled to have my surgery on Wednesday (the 19th). I'm a little nervous - it IS surgery after all- but excited too. How much weight do you want to lose? Welcome.

Barbara

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wHhZnhr/]

weight.png

[/url]

Tanya

Tanya

Welcome to the site everyone! This can be a great resource and support tool. I started out at over 280 pounds (I'm also only 5'2) and am now down to 196. I felt pretty hopeless about my weight but now I know there is no doubt I can lose this weight! My suggestion would be to start taking care of your relationship with food (especially if you are a binge eater) before you get your band. I didn't really do that and did great initially with my band but then regained almost 50 pounds bingeing on slider foods (foods that go right through...like ice cream and milkshakes). Ive since lost all that I regained plus more and am seeing an eating disorder therapist which is really helping me work through my food issues. Good luck to everyone considering wls!

Hello My Name is shannon I am 24 years old and i live in ellenville new york.

The reason why i am replying to your message is because i saw what you had wrote about you going for the lap band surgery. I am also going for the lap band surgery as well I started this whole journey since september 8th of 2010 and it is now jan 16th 2011 and I am still waiting to go for surgery. I got all of my doctors done and now i am going next week to set up the date for my surgery. My mother is also going for the lap band surgery as well so we are going to be doing this journey together.

I am also going through a hard time like you have been going through i have been over weight my whole life as a teen and as a child at one point when i was 15 years of age i did get down to 110 pounds i finally got to wear a size 3 jeans and everything was going so well in my life i had friends boyfriends i got to play sports go bowling do things i have never done before in my life it felt so amazing. But then i hit a really ruff patch in my life i lost my best friend in a car crash i was having trouble in school and before long depperssion hit me bad then everything i had worked so hard forwent out the door i looked to food and i just let myself go a little so i got up to 150 pounds. Then when i was about 19 years old i met this guy i thought he was the one but he wasnt so we got married becasue i didnt know how he was like so when we did get married all he did was abuse me and beat me and i turned to food again so then weight just over came me. I want to have a child so bad right now with my new husband and i can not have any children right now i have pod because i am over weight so that really made me so deppressed for the longest time. So i didnt know what to do i went to the doctors and the doctor told me i had to lose weight so i didnt even know where to start i was like how am i going to do this because i didnt really have no support groups to help me lose the weight so i started weight watchers but then you have to pay $12 a week and it becomes way to much money when it all adds up at the end of the month... so my grandmother also had the surgery so she told my mother and i we should check the lap band out so we went to the class on september 8th and we saw what it was all about so my insurance company said that they would pay for me to have it done but i had to wait a 4 months perioud because i needed to do a 4 month diet before surgery and i had to go to doctors and i can sit here and say i am finally done with all of that so far now im just waiting to have my sugery.

Words can not explain how my life is changing already i feel so good about myself i thought to myself when this whole thing started i cant lose the weight before surgery because they want you to lose 5 percent so i said i cant do it and come to find out from september to now i did do it i lost 15 pounds and im feeling so good. One day i will be sitting here a 100 pounds lighter and have a beautiful family all because of the lap band and all the support i am getting from everyone this is going to be a journey for the rest of my life and i cant wait to keep continue it.....

I also wish you the best of luck with your journey as well i will be praying for you and i will be wishing you the best.... god bless... I really hope my letter helps you out a little bit and give you some inspriation...

sincerely, shannon....:lol: :lol:

Welcome everyone! This site is an interesting site and has all of the personalities that you could ask for both pro and con the band along with the human side of the personalities. It is in the end a great site for education and knowledge from those who have and are living the banded life.

I wish you all luck on your journey to getting banded and then on the process that will become yours to travel and implement post op!

How wonderful to see you all reply to me...

Formerlyfluffy~~~~ Thank you and welcome to you too, hope we both have a great journey

Crecia1975~!~~~ We do have lots in common. God has sent us both in the right direction sounds like biggrin.gif

BJLS~~~~~ I want to lose 120 ( I am 5'4') seems mind boggling on my own but hopeful with the band. I will say a prayer for you on Wednesday.

isaviolinist~~~~ Smart idea, I am trying to work on my relationship with food, thanks

babygurl-20~~~~ Wow, so young and youv'e been through so much. Take care and thanks for your story. Reminds me that God will not put us through more than we can handle.

thsisme~~~~ Thanks, I agree.........great info here and congrats on your weight lose so far

I just started a blog of my journey if anyone is interested in following. Its a great way for me to journal my experience. www.tanyasweightisover.blogspot.com

Hope you all have a great week!

Tanya

Welcome everybody!

Welcome to the site everyone! This can be a great resource and support tool. I started out at over 280 pounds (I'm also only 5'2) and am now down to 196. I felt pretty hopeless about my weight but now I know there is no doubt I can lose this weight! My suggestion would be to start taking care of your relationship with food (especially if you are a binge eater) before you get your band. I didn't really do that and did great initially with my band but then regained almost 50 pounds bingeing on slider foods (foods that go right through...like ice cream and milkshakes). Ive since lost all that I regained plus more and am seeing an eating disorder therapist which is really helping me work through my food issues. Good luck to everyone considering wls!

Hi My name is Eileen, And thank you for your awesome entry. I was banded om 12/30/10. I am 53 yrs old and my highest weight was 384 lbs in september 2010. Ive lost 45 lbs so far with prep and my surgery. I was also feeling pretty hopeless. I remmember when I was 50, I had really talked myself into the fact that I was grossly over weight and that there was nothing

I could do. So i acutually was just going to eat myself into my grave. thank god that didnt last long someone introduced to me the Idea that I could have the lapband surgery. Well it took me three years to get up the nerve to do it. And I am so happy that I did.. Just remember your are never alone... Thanks Eileen:)

Hello My Name is shannon I am 24 years old and i live in ellenville new york.

The reason why i am replying to your message is because i saw what you had wrote about you going for the lap band surgery. I am also going for the lap band surgery as well I started this whole journey since september 8th of 2010 and it is now jan 16th 2011 and I am still waiting to go for surgery. I got all of my doctors done and now i am going next week to set up the date for my surgery. My mother is also going for the lap band surgery as well so we are going to be doing this journey together.

I am also going through a hard time like you have been going through i have been over weight my whole life as a teen and as a child at one point when i was 15 years of age i did get down to 110 pounds i finally got to wear a size 3 jeans and everything was going so well in my life i had friends boyfriends i got to play sports go bowling do things i have never done before in my life it felt so amazing. But then i hit a really ruff patch in my life i lost my best friend in a car crash i was having trouble in school and before long depperssion hit me bad then everything i had worked so hard forwent out the door i looked to food and i just let myself go a little so i got up to 150 pounds. Then when i was about 19 years old i met this guy i thought he was the one but he wasnt so we got married becasue i didnt know how he was like so when we did get married all he did was abuse me and beat me and i turned to food again so then weight just over came me. I want to have a child so bad right now with my new husband and i can not have any children right now i have pod because i am over weight so that really made me so deppressed for the longest time. So i didnt know what to do i went to the doctors and the doctor told me i had to lose weight so i didnt even know where to start i was like how am i going to do this because i didnt really have no support groups to help me lose the weight so i started weight watchers but then you have to pay $12 a week and it becomes way to much money when it all adds up at the end of the month... so my grandmother also had the surgery so she told my mother and i we should check the lap band out so we went to the class on september 8th and we saw what it was all about so my insurance company said that they would pay for me to have it done but i had to wait a 4 months perioud because i needed to do a 4 month diet before surgery and i had to go to doctors and i can sit here and say i am finally done with all of that so far now im just waiting to have my sugery.

Words can not explain how my life is changing already i feel so good about myself i thought to myself when this whole thing started i cant lose the weight before surgery because they want you to lose 5 percent so i said i cant do it and come to find out from september to now i did do it i lost 15 pounds and im feeling so good. One day i will be sitting here a 100 pounds lighter and have a beautiful family all because of the lap band and all the support i am getting from everyone this is going to be a journey for the rest of my life and i cant wait to keep continue it.....

I also wish you the best of luck with your journey as well i will be praying for you and i will be wishing you the best.... god bless... I really hope my letter helps you out a little bit and give you some inspriation...

sincerely, shannon....:lol: :lol:

Hi Shannon, I am so happy for you and your mom to be able to do this together and you are so young it going to change everything for you. good luck Eileen