Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I survived band removal surgery...

and it was awful (still is.) This was the worst surgery yet, and for some reason I always end up with a high fever and bronchial problems.

The surgery took around 2 hours late Tuesday night, and we got home from Ventura last night. Dr. Billy removed my band in the emergency room, and other than being so physically ill, I'm 100% relieved that Billy took it out. I'm glad it's out of me, I'm thankful Billy was my surgeon, and I'm really worried after all the other stories I heard while staying in the hospital.

The nurses were somewhat "fascinated" with me since several are obese and have been considering weight loss surgery. However, they were telling me of so many complications they see on a regular basis with both surgeries. I did meet one very thrilled and very beautiful gastric bypass patient that was thrilled, but she had it done before laproscopy and has a scar from her ribs to past her belly button. Either way, she looked amazing.

After this last surgery, there's no way I'll ever even consider another weight loss surgery. My biggest regret was going to Mexico. Another regret was not fighting my insurance. But another huge regret was that I didn't have a local, EXPERIENCE, CARING surgeon. The 7 hour trip back home yesterday kicked my fever back in, and it had only been gone a few hours.

So I'm home, I'm alive, I have a GREAT doctor, and I'm looking forward to fighting the fat demons solo. Like Red says in Shawshank Redemption, "Either get busy living, or get busy dying."

I gotta go lay down so I can heal up and get busy living. Please, NO SYMPATHY! I feel physically disgusting, my pain is 10 out of 10, my fever won't break, and I have severe belly cramping and can't catch my breath. I've even gained 12 solid pounds of bloat, so I feel stuffy and gross. I even scared my hubby because he never saw me not talking before. I didn't talk for 2 days other than some grunts. So physically I'm bad, but mentally I'm good. Honestly, I'm gonna be really good.

Thank you all so much for the calls and messages, and I'm sorry I've been too sick to talk. I'll call every one of you as soon as I get my spunk back.

HI BETTY! It feels so good seeing friends! Being in the hospital sucks, blah! The very mean nurses took my blankies away (out of love) because I was fevered and they wanted me to shiver the fever off. I'm forcing myself to stay in my office cause it's freezing in here and I want the fever gone already.

Boy, it sure is nice being home seeing my friends on line :)

I was WONDERING where you were!! I didn't realize you'd scheduled surgery so soon. I'm glad for you that it's over and you can heal up completely, cleanly, and move on putting this behind you.

Take care and rest up!! Have a great New Year, but do NOT go out and party. This one you can take a pass on. :)

Alex, I asked Penni to keep my surgery private because I was petrified of any jinx. I tend to have Black Cloud Syndrome and just wanted the thing out of me. Like always, I did much worse than anyone else who had their band removed. However, Michelle said the worst part was getting the drain removed, and that didn't bug me a bit. Even my doc called me a weirdo.

I was heavily medicated and can't remember much, but it is so good to be home. I guess this is Mother Nature's way of keeping me in the house on the biggest TWO parties of the year. New Year's Eve in Vegas is the best party on Earth. Plus we spend every New Year's Day at our best friends' house, who purchase $1000 worth of Alaskan King Crab Legs, only my all-time favorite. And they insist on fixing up a bedroom so I can join them in a lovely cup of crab Water. Wrong, wrong, wrong. Chris is all dressed waiting for CJ to pick him up because it's tradition for the men to make a huge production over picking out perfect crab. I think it makes them feel manly.

SO GOOD TO BE HOME & BANDLESS!

Go Slow and take it easy. I am glad that Dr. Billy was your surgeon in the removal.. Hopefully the fever will break soon ...

Take Care Lisa

Oh, by the way, the local radiologist who discovered the erosion during my endo told me to, "Make a follow up appointment with your doctor in 4 weeks." I was lost and didn't know what to do, so I just called Billy kinda like a courtesy call. He called me back really quick and said, "Four weeks? Is he kidding?" So maybe it's not a "Get here this very minute" thing, but it certainly isn't anything to play around with.

Glad to have you back, it's just not the same around here without you. I'm glad this whole thing is behind you and that you can move forward. I hope you still come here for support, because no matter how we lose weight, it does require support and we all love you so much, we'd be hurt if you didn't come to us once in awhile.

You get to start the New Year's on a clean slate, so I wish you the very best in everything you do!

Happy New Years!!!!

Cindy

Glad your home and hope you feel better soon! I'm with ya on the crab, it's my all time favorite too. Sorry you have to miss out on that. Take care of yourself.

Welcome home! Hope you feel well soon.

Lisa,

I'm glad that you're back home and recovering, and that this whole saga now can be put behind you. I know you that you can battle those fat demons! We're all here to support you if you need anything!

Glad you are back and it's all behind you. I was wondering where you were and suspected you were busy getting "removed" so this is just the thread I was looking for. Be well. Get that spunk back.

glad your home and recouping! well you may not be able to go out and party but you can stay home and take a double dose of your pain meds!