Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did anyone drink last night for NYE?

I was looking for *Beerguts* original thread... but could not find it. I was banded 10 days ago and did have 2 glasses of red wine last night. I know, I know, wine is not on the post op diet list... but only 3 carbs and 100 cal/glass.. so do not think the end of the world. Anyway, wine tasted different, I guess my pallette wil change? Any other wine drinkers notice that?

Happy Happy New Year! I am sooo excited for 2011!

I didnt even attempt alcohol til six months post op. You guys are too new to be varying from your diet already and Im not saying that to be mean but if your already trying things you shouldnt be then you are setting yourself up for failure. Stay strong and stick to the script you will be much happier in the end.

Wow.. FtoF.. thanks for your pontificating response.... I did ask the nurse and she said a glass of wine would not be harmful.. i.e. hurting the band.

Wow.. FtoF.. thanks for your pontificating response.... I did ask the nurse and she said a glass of wine would not be harmful.. i.e. hurting the band.

Fluffy is correct. You made a bad decision. It was hardly "pontificating". It was merely common sense.

If you continue to eat and drink the way you always have, you will continue to have the same body you've always had.

I am not entirely opposed to a rare drink AFTER a few months have passed and you are losing weight consistently and have developed your new eating habits, but TWO WEEKS out?

Just plain stupid, and the VAST majority of Bariatric Sugeons/Doctors would agree with that.

S.

I had one shot of something sugary, eh.. I hate drinking. Didn't do that much for me anyways. I really hate drinking and NEVER do it, maybe twice a year so I don't feel bad, and don't plan on doing it anymore. Also dancing for 2 hours definitely burned off the calories.

After many discouraging and unhelpful responses... I guess I'm going to give this a go somewhere else. I think people's morality gets too involved on this site. I'm sure I've been called a lots worse than stupid by a lot better. I am following the diet and have lost 23 lbs so far, and do not regret my little two glasses of wine, which is hardly my normal intake of alcohol. Been there, done that, eff off.

After many discouraging and unhelpful responses... I guess I'm going to give this a go somewhere else. I think people's morality gets too involved on this site. I'm sure I've been called a lots worse than stupid by a lot better. I am following the diet and have lost 23 lbs so far, and do not regret my little two glasses of wine, which is hardly my normal intake of alcohol. Been there, done that, eff off.

I completely understand where you're coming from! Some people tell you to listen to your doctor's office, then lambast you for following the rules they don't agree with. Opinion is one thing (which you weren't even asking if they thought it was OK), but shaming you for not following the set of rules THEY believe to be correct is something else entirely. I tend to go with what the licensed, educated MD I see in person says rather than some random person online with a high-and-mighty attitude. :rolleyes: And I happen to agree that some posters here "pontificate." :rolleyes:

Lol I guess those people r the band expert :D Whatever life is just not that heavy!! All are bodies r diffrent and if you are ok then oh freaking well. But far as myself I am not a drinker. I did try some sparkling red jucie until I realize it was carbonated wow it was a party going on in my mouth so I had to toast with just green tea lol

“After many discouraging and unhelpful responses... I guess I'm going to give this a go somewhere else.”

What, no one here told you what WANTED to hear? Reality bothers you a little, maybe?

“I've been called a lots worse than stupid”

I have no doubt.

“I think people's morality gets too involved on this site.”

Morality? When did morality EVER come into this conversation? Morality has got NOTHING to do with it, at least as far as I’m concerned. Alcohol consumption in the first few months of your band experience is a BAD IDEA, however you want to spin it.

You came to this site looking for support/advice/whatever, you don’t get the info you WANT, so you go running off like a two year old on a tantrum. Sweet. Real Sweet.

You’ve lost 23 pounds so far. That’s great. But that’s the EASY part. The first few pounds are usually the easiest. But if you continue to consume food and beverages that are UNHEALTHY, then that last 50 is gonna come off REAL hard, if at all. And the sooner you learn that, the better.

there, done that, eff off.”

Charming. Absolutely Charming.

Happy New Year.

S.

I have noticed the same thing on this board. If all the judgmental people on this board were so great then they would not have needed the band to begin with. I am almost 3 weeks post op and did have a couple of drinks last night. I know that it probably wasn't the best idea, but I did it anyway. Today is a new day and I will get back on track. That's all we can do when we do something we know we shouldn't.

Well sorry to ruffle your feathers but its the truth. We all got obese drinking and eating whenever we wanted the lap band is a tool not a fix. Anyone can lose 23lbs drinking only fluids for three weeks. You lost 23lbs because you havent eaten not because of the band. What a Protein Shake your considering food. Just wait you think that losing weight with the band is easy cause its not. You will put it on as quick as it came off alcohol are just empty calories and if you dont want advice from people who have had the band for a long period of time then start a website for immature banders that cant take advice.

Well sorry to ruffle your feathers but its the truth. We all got obese drinking and eating whenever we wanted the lap band is a tool not a fix. Anyone can lose 23lbs drinking only fluids for three weeks. You lost 23lbs because you havent eaten not because of the band. What a Protein shake your considering food. Just wait you think that losing weight with the band is easy cause its not. You will put it on as quick as it came off alcohol are just empty calories and if you dont want advice from people who have had the band for a long period of time then start a website for immature banders that cant take advice.

Well for your info!! I was band on Nov 22 and I have lost 20 pound and I have not had to have one fill yet!! And I am on solid food!! Everbody is diffrent. So to throw stones is not nice. So I do eat and Iam doing well and plan on to keep doing well with no fills

I have been banded since Nov 9th, 2010 and pretty much started drinking red wine regularly (with exception, none last night) and have absolutely no problems continuing my weight loss faster than I expected. I also like scotch on the rocks or other liquors with no mixer at all. It's really a personal choice, the band should not control your life--if you want to party one night here and there I say go for it! It's not like you are going to be eating a large pizza or something ;)

Best long term for the band is live your life and enjoy it, if it becomes something that you associate with taking enjoyment away it may not work. Be consistent, Eat well but small, and do your damn exercise!

FBS

Well sorry to ruffle your feathers but its the truth. We all got obese drinking and eating whenever we wanted the lap band is a tool not a fix. Anyone can lose 23lbs drinking only fluids for three weeks. You lost 23lbs because you havent eaten not because of the band. What a Protein Shake your considering food. Just wait you think that losing weight with the band is easy cause its not. You will put it on as quick as it came off alcohol are just empty calories and if you dont want advice from people who have had the band for a long period of time then start a website for immature banders that cant take advice.

I have been banded since Nov 9th, 2010 and pretty much started drinking red wine regularly (with exception, none last night) and have absolutely no problems continuing my weight loss faster than I expected. I also like scotch on the rocks or other liquors with no mixer at all. It's really a personal choice, the band should not control your life--if you want to party one night here and there I say go for it! It's not like you are going to be eating a large pizza or something ;)

Best long term for the band is live your life and enjoy it, if it becomes something that you associate with taking enjoyment away it may not work. Be consistent, Eat well but small, and do your damn exercise!

FBS

That right:)