Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2010 Bandsters out there?

I don't know what is happening to my posts. Well the first one I lost as my husband asked to look at something on the Net in the middle of it and then closed it angry.gif I then wrote another one and its not here!

I had my first fill (2cc) yesterday and it went very well- painless. Dr. told me to be on liquids for 48 hours and then resume normal foods. I'm feeling a little more restriction but not in the same place as the last couple of weeks. Its more in my upper chest and throat?!

I also now know where my port is laugh.gif I don't know why I thought it was directly under one of my incisions! Its makes more sense now why the area where the port is has been a little more tender than the rest of my tummy. I can't feel it unless I push quite hard down onto my stomach though.

I really hope I lose some more weight now. The scales have been up and down with the same kilo for over a week now sad.gif I need to exercise more too!

DaleJR88- thats an amazing loss- well done! This is my support group! I would love to meet other bandsters however there are no support groups where I live and everyone who is banded keeps it to themselves. I think theres a girl in my office thinking about it as she started talking about the lap band the other day and knew how long the waiting list was at the local hospital. I think she might suspect I had more done then just my gall bladder out too rolleyes.gif

Hope you are all well and everyone keeps losing!

So the fill don't hurt at all? What does it feel like, just like a regular shot?

No! Its painless. Just the prick at the beginning is like the normal shot and then no pain. I thought it would be like a normal shot too and was waiting to feel the liquid go in- but nothing! I heard or could feel the pressure of the needle tapping into the port but no pain.

Afterwards is weird though. With my first sip of Water I could feel the difference. It felt like I had a lump in my throat and very tight in the chest. It also felt like I was swallowing air bubbles. By the second cup of water it was fine. I'm noticing today the same thing. The first couple of sips are weird and then its fine.

When is your first fill booked?

So the fill don't hurt at all? What does it feel like, just like a regular shot?

Hi Heather,

My first fill was Wednesady and I could not believe how painless it was! It was much less painful than a blood draw or Iv stick. I think had I been asleep it wouldn't have even woken me up!

When is your first fill?

Joan

Thanks, I don't know, it just seemed like something that could be painful. I'm not afraid of shots though, so I'm good.

My fill is on the 20th.

I am worried my Dr will say I am losing too much and he wont give me my first fill on Tuesday..... does that happen?

I am 45 lbs down..23 of those are post op (1 month)

I am worried my Dr will say I am losing too much and he wont give me my first fill on Tuesday..... does that happen?

WOW that is awsome to be down 45 lbs already !!!!!!!!! I am down 21 from dec13th2010 and thought that was great.... GO U !!!! I know my dr goes by my eating journal and weight loss for the fill.. but thats my dr..... just like post op eatting every dr is diffrent. I am still not on regular foods yet.... i cant wait to eat a salad !!!!

congrats on the wl and keep it going !!!

Amy

Nice! I guess you don't need a fill if you are losing that much. It wouldn't help anything.

That's great for both of you! I'm down like 8 since the 13th.

HI, I lost a total of 23 pound, 15 of them were pre op. I was banded on the 23rd. I am begining to eat real food and I am afraid I will gain weight or not lose anymore. Is this normal to stop losing once you begin eating "real" food? And how much can you guys eat at one time? I am having a hard time feeling any restriction and that worries me. I am not getting a fill until the end of Jan. Is that when I will feel the restriciton?

Also, just wondering, when did you guys stop feeling any pain? I still feel like I have a cramp or a pulled muscle where the port is. I have a hard time bending and walking I feel the pull of the muscle. Anyone else experience this? It almost feels like aconstant gas bubble

Congrats to you guys who have lost so much! Thats a real accomplishment!

~LORI

23 lbs in 4 weeks is amazing, you probably don't need a fill. Are you hungry at all?

I'm only down 6lbs since the 14th, and I know it is because I haven't been able to worked out, the day after I got the OK to start working out I had a kidney stone attack and had surgery, again, this Tuesday and am not allowed to exercise until this coming Tuesday.

Pamala, sorry to hear about your surgery. I hope you are feeling OK. I think anything you lose is great.and you should be proud of yourself. Hearing all the amounts of other people you start to wonder if you (meaning I) am doing the right thing. I am having NO trouble eating anything. I am feeling that this is not right. Some people have lost SO much weight before their fillm which is great!

How much are you able to eat? Are you on regualar food? Is there anything you cant eat?

as for me i am only eating the soft foods still... 2 scrambled eggs 6:15 1/4 cup to 1/2 of cup of cottage cheese at 10;45 and then anywhere from 1 cup to a cup 1/2 of chili or Tomato Soup at 12;30 then at 3:30 i have a few strawberries or 1/2 banana then 6 pm dinner...i drink 3 Water bottles a day trying to get more and i walk 1-3 miles a night and do the wii with the family ... i am pushing for 60 lb weight loss by Easter so thats why I am pushing myself... i did read smaller meals a few times a day is better i am trying it out. i do need to work on the Fiber more

Amy

I had my first fill today. I found out I have a 9cc band and had 3cc's in at surgery. She added 1 more today for a total of 4.

My Dr numbs it first and then puts the LB needle in. That just felt like pressure. I've lost 9.5 lbs since surgery. I kind of stalled since switching to solid foods. Hopefully with the next couple fills I'll have some restriction and get back to losing. Plus our treadmill came today so I have that to work out on too. Woohoo! :)

Hi FLORIDAYS...

I was banded on 12/3 and went in for my first fill this past Wednesday. On my pre-op visit on 11/20 I weighed 269. By 12/3 on Surgery day I was 258. When I went in for my fill I was 243. 2 days later I weighed in today at 241.

My doctor was very pleased with my progress so far. I was a little disheartened that he didn't want to give me a fill because I am losing at a good pace. But he was very encouraging and really made me feel like I am doing well without the fill. So far I haven't gotten sick at all and am having no problems with any foods. I am not having any heartburn or nausea. The doctor said that if he acts too aggresively and gives me a fill he is afraid that I will start having some of those problems. He said that he felt that I would just be back next week asking him to take it out. But he did say that when I return next month he thought I would be ready for a fill. But even still...only a little.

I had alot of mixed feelings at first. I was kinda excited about getting the fill...I guess just ready to move on to the next phase and possibly loose more. But by the time I left the Doctor's office I felt good about it. The doctor was so very encouraging and really acted enthusiatic about my achievement so far. The recommended weight loss by Allergan - the makers of the band - is 2.0 - 2.5 pounds per week. Since 11/20 I have lost a total of 28 pounds. I had lost 10 pounds in the previous month. For a total of 38 pounds lost since October. I am estatic!

I had a great NSV victory this week. All of my clothes are getting pretty baggy. I went to get just one outfit to reward myself. I had to go down 2 sizes in both my jeans and sweater. :) After I got home and tried it on for my husband and kids their remarks nearly brought me to happy tears. My daughter said that it was hard to tell just how much I had lost because my clothes were so big. My sons were like "Wow mom - you look so much smaller". And my husband was VERY encouraging!

I hope and pray that I can continue on this well. And I wish the best of luck everyone else too. We are all on this journey together!

Someone at work today notice I'm losing weight.. Yeah!! I told them I'm working with my Dr. and he has me on strict diet. Still haven't told anyone about being banded.

I was banded on the 27th... and have been doing really well. However, I'm starting to "think about food".... I even had a dream I was eating a tuna sandwich.... geeeeeeeeeeee I'd love a tuna sandwich!!!

I think it's all in my mind... cause I'm not really feeling hungry. I'm still on liquids and maybe I feel I just need to bite into something.

Anyone in the same boat?