Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Rabbits and Turtles United New Year Challenge

Deb, thanks for starting this challenge. I took the liberty of making a list of everyone who COMMITTED by putting their starting weight. Once you commit, the challenge becomes real. I hope you don't mind me jumping in like this, but I needed a challenge, so you're on!

If I missed your name or screwed up, remember, I'm fuzzy from band removal surgery drugs. Since being debanded, I'm really afraid of gaining, so I'm taking this challenge to heart. I've rounded up half pounds since some scales don't register half pounds to make it fair to everyone. Here's what I came up with:

Anwyn ~ 220

Bandedforlife ~ 211

Cissy ~ 210

DawnNH ~ 273

DeLarla ~ 243

Debbydoo ~ 181

HeatherGurl ~ 296

Jessiebear ~ 305

Justbeingme ~ 255

Kare ~ 180

Lianna ~ 214

LSasha ~ 291

Maggie63 ~ 255

Mariemaru ~ 225

RoadQueen ~ 177

Shanna ~ 189

TessL ~ 200

TommyO ~ 355

TriciaK ~ 236

Vtobon ~ 244

Since I didn't start this thread, I can't make any rules (boo hoo.) But I will send the winner, who will also be the biggest loser, a fabulous prize basket from Slumber Parties. I have lovely items from rated PG to rated XXX, so get your butt moving! If anyone else wants to send a prize to the winner, add your name to this list by cutting and pasting it into a new thread.

1/1/06 ~ 3/1/06 LBT WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE LIST OF FABULOUS PRIZES!

1. Gift basket from Slumber Parties by Lisa (DeLarla)

2. (You don't have to write what you'll send, just add your name saying you'll send a prize.)

I'm up, I walked and sweated and even did 10 reps with my barbells (7 days post band removal, gotta start somewhere.)

My NSV for today is that I'm sitting here at my computer with my legs corssed! Before my band, I'd have been sprawled out like a cow waiting to be milked, that's only if cows sprawl (city girl here.)

I'm off to a 400 calorie Breakfast of mush now. Good luck to everyone, you may need it because I'm feeling mighty serious right now!

I am really excited now!!!! I want the XXX gift to be mine from DeLarla!!! :D So far today I have stuck with my guns, NO SUGAR. I will be walking when I get home this evening.

I'm starting at 265. I'm off my diuretic for a bit until I can get a new RX, so my weight has gone up.

1/3/2005 - Weight 265

NSV - I was able to walk up my driveway without being breathless. My driveway is a nightmare and has a 20+ degree slope (skateboarder's dream slope though), so this was a feat for me.

1/9/2005 - Weight 261 :D

NSV - I felt like I got back on track this week. In addition to making better food choices, I exercised 5 days out of the 7.

1/16/2005 - Weight 257.4 :clap2:

NSV - Clothes felt a bit looser this week.

1/23/2005 - Weight 258.6

I made some lousy food choices this week and reaped the effects. :cry

NSV - My waist looks a lot smaller than it did at the beginning.

1/31/2005 = Weight 253

NSV - My husband told me last night that he could really tell that I had lost weight.

5 Week Total = 12 lbs

Delarla,

I will paste the Wl list on the first post along with the culumative NSV list. I would like us to focus on both the weight and NSV. We should follow and reward, the best, funniest, or whatever NSV. I've seen some really funny ones in the past. Keep one eye on the scale and the other on life. Thanks for offering a basket that was so nice of you. I'll have to think of something for it too.

Glad to hear you're doing better Delarla!

NSV 16 minutes continuous running on the teadmill avg speed 4.3 MPH. Completed 30 minutes total, Run Time 24 minutes, walk 6 minutes, AVG speed for total time 4.1. I am well ahead of plan.

Funny NSV, I would love to tell but if my DW found out I told She'd shoot me

Ok, I'm in, although I have little chance to win anything. Gee, the end of March? Hell, I have a chance to lose a whole pounds in 3 month. Geeze I really am turning into a bitter old woman.

Okay, my NSVs for the week... Last night I went skiing for 3 hours. Didn't huff or puff at all, and I didn't need my puffer either. So, that puts me at 3 NSVs.

Wait, make that 4 NSVs, I'm not sore from skiing yesterday.

I hope I did this right, DeLarla! Let me know if you had something else in mind. And hey, if I win I get to buy myself something, right? And I'm gonna win that basket DeLarla, you can bet on that!!

2. Shanna

2. Shanna

3. Anwyn

I'm going to be a buttinski here too... If there are going to be prizes we need some rules. Obvously someone who is 350lbs is going to lose more than someone who is 170. Maybe whoever loses the largest percentage of their excess weight...? I volunteer to compute this at the end of the challenge. That way I can fix the numbers so that I win (LOL).

It would be nice to reward NSV's too but it's a hard thing to measure... Maybe we can all nominate our choice for best NSV by PM'ing Debby at the end of the challenge.

Just my ideas... Debby, feel free to tell me to jump off - it's your challenge. :)

On my Soap Box

OK I'm weigh in on the prize thing. Having prizes is excited but people - keep your eye on the ball here.

I think the last week of the challenge we quote/ pm our favorite Non scale Victories and we will vote on them as a group. Depending on how many qifts we round up will determine who our winners will be. To me braggin rights for a day or two is enough to keep me going. Getting those thata girl - warms my heart and reminds me we're in this together!

When I hit my goal I will make my picture debut on the board along with my victory dance.

Weight loss is so individual but developing good habits and learning to live a new way is pretty much on all our agendas and in our control.

So at least 1 NSV along with your weight should be posted weekly. You pick the day. I tend to like the beginning of the week for myself but this is about you and what will work for you, so you pick. Please make it a point to support each other as a group, we signed up for this together and by golly (is that really a word) we will finish this together. So here we are LBT board. Tracking, supporting, kicking some butt, crying and moving - but we're getting there!!!!

Debbydo

OK I'm off the soap box - anyone what to change or edit anything please let me know.

Guest Laura D

I am in. I am new to this and not feeling really good about my weight lost so far. I work out 5 days a week thought I would of lost more by now so maybe a good old fashion challenge will do it .

:Bunny Banded 8/23/05 weight 228.5 4cc band

first fill 10/5/05 1.2 cc weight 214.5

second fill 12/05/05 1.5cc weight 210.5

Now 205 1/4/06

:) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) 185

Goal is 150

OK guys. I'm officially weighing in !!!!

Starting challenge weight 01-03-06 192

Goal at end of challenge: up 10 pounds

(that is my estimate of how much all the prizes will be that I get from being a looser!! lol)

Real goal: 180 I have been one of the turtles around here but am ok with that as long as I am loosing :)

Good luck everyone!!

My NSV for this week.....could not wear my favorite dress Sunday because it just looks so bad on me. It is WAY TO BIG!!!!

I'm going to start a separate thread just for weight loss. This way I'm not stepping on Debbydoos great NSV thread. But I'm still in this challenge! I say we have to list our NSV each Monday, how's that?