Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. John Michael Marsden - Dr. Marsden

I was banded on 6/14/10. I went through "True Results" in the Dallas area, and my surgeon was Dr. Marsden. The surgery was performed at the Specialty Surgery Center of Fort Worth in Hurst. So far, so good.

My experience with Dr. Marsden has been GREAT. He met with me at a True Results location a few weeks before surgery and went over all sorts of questions and concerns. He is a very blunt and practical man, with a great sense of humor, and he put me at ease immediately. He has performed a ton of these surgeries and I felt confident with him. He prescribed meds in advance of the surgery so I would have them on hand immediately afterward. He listened to all my concerns about anesthesia and nausea and prescribed an additional medication that I was to take prior to surgery. He came to see me the day of surgery in the pre-op room and went over everything in detail with me and my husband. He used humor then as well and truly put me at ease. The incisions are minor and clean and I am healing with minimal scarring (I am a slow healer!). He made sure I knew that I am to go to him with any needs, concerns, or problems - not to True Results - as he is my surgeon and he wants to make sure he is involved in my care. I have not had any post-op issues to date, so I have not had to do that, but I feel confident that if I needed to return I would be welcome and he would be calming and accommodating.

Six months post-op, I would recommend Dr. Marsden to anyone in the DFW area looking to explore Lap-Band.

Thanks!

-Jennifer

Jennifer - I am so pleased to get your feedback on Dr. Marsden. I am scheduled to have my procedure with him tomorrow morning and there wasn't much on this site about any experiences with him although I have heard of great things through the True Results Center and looking at his background he was an obvious choice for me. I to was put at ease once I met him. His since of humor and no nonsense approach is exactly what I need. Thank you so much for posting. Which you the best of health! B)

--Christa

Christa - wow, I guess my posting this was quite timely for you! That's great! I wish you the best of luck with your surgery tomorrow and with healing over the next few weeks. If I can give you ONE piece of advice - walk around as much as you can every day, even tomorrow after surgery - it TRULY helped me from getting any of the surgical gas pain issues that so many people deal with, and it made me stronger.

Stay in touch - and welcome to bandsterhood!

-Jennifer

I will be going with Dr. Marsden also. He is a very nice guy. I hope that I can get through this pre op diet! The Protein drinks are just horrible! Any suggestions?

Dr. Marsden is awesome! He has a very practical approach to weight loss. I've heard some doctors are super-strict and downright mean. And while I have a high pain tolerance in my abdominal area, my recovery was practically painless. So I have to thank Dr. Marsden for not butchering me.

He was my surgeon also. 09/08/10 at Surgery Center of Lewisville and I was connected with him through the True Results Center in Richardson.

I agree. He was very personable and seemed to be very concerned. Great bedside manner and even though I really only met him twice, I would highly recommend him. I've not had any major concerns, but have called his office a few times with questions and they've always been nice and helpful.

this is great to hear - I am going through True Results in Richardson (staff is terrific) and i just need to make sure they change my surgeon from Dr. Benavides to Dr. Marsden to ensure we follow my health care benefits with United Healthcare. I'm so excited!! I believe that my surgery will be at the Carrollton Baylor facility.

thanks for the good words about this surgeon - I feel so much better.

I had my surgery April 23, 2012. I was nervous, but after having several other surgeries...mostly knees, I really knew the drill. The worst part was having to cough...that hurt! I actually went back to work on Wednesday, 4/25/12. I was sore and tired, but I got through it.

Now, I have a little pain where the port is...I think that's where it is. Otherwise, I'm fine.

I'm not going public with the lapband right now. My sons and daughters-in-law know, and three people I work with. Other than that, it's private. I have a few people in my life that are not very supportive...so it's best this way.

That's why I'm here...I need support!

I also had Dr. Marsden, My surgery was on April 6, 2012. I have lost 8.8lbs so far. All my incisions have healed nicely except for my port incision, its a little infected on the outside. Dr. Marsden is keeping me on antibiotics and also seeing me to make sure I am ok. He is a great doctor, I can call about anything and they will ease my mind. I would recommend him to anyone going through True Results. Best of luck to all you ladies :D

just found out this week that Dr. Mardsen is not in the True Results family of physicians. I'll end up with Dr. Benavides and having surgery done there at their facility in Richardson - according to them - but i did mention to the nurse that i'd prefer to have the surgery done at a hospital since i live alone...they said they'd work with me - we shall see - i will be very adament about it. I just called them as I wanted "IN WRITING" the surgery/dr. fees estimate prior to surgery.... lady there told me that I've met my deductible already - and I've met $500 of my out of pocket maximum (which i knew was incorrect, but let it go) and so they say that I won't have to pay anything at time of surgery. I logged onto my insurance website to see what has or has not been met - and yes, I've met my $750 deductible and yes I've already met my $2500 out of pocket maximum - so i shouldn't really have to pay anything.....we shall see

That's odd...he was in the Tru-Results family less than 2 weeks ago when I had my surgery. I wonder what happened? Could it be your insurance instead? I went to the Tru-Results in Hurst, saw Dr. Marsden in Argyle, and had my surgery in Plano....because of my insurance.

Dr. Benivides has been around for awhile...he should be OK. He was doing this surgery the first time I tried to have it done...8 years ago. My insurance, at that time, wouldn't pay for it.

Best of luck to you!

I had my surgery 4/30 with Dr.Marsden, I also went thru True Results -Hurst.

I'm using True Results in Richardson - so maybe he is just with the Hurst location now.

I also am going through True Results Hurst...My surgery isn't until June but they put me with Dr. Marsden and I have had a consult with him...so far so good! I had to have the scope for the hernia to take care of some of the funds since my insurance isn't paying and dr. Snow (true results) performed that. His bedside manner is top notch. So excited 6 weeks cant go by fast enough!

I go back to TR Richardson end of this month - and will definately have the conversation about having the surgery at a hospital, not their little surgery center. I live alone and want to ensure that I can have assistance as needed for the first 24-48 hrs. They keep pushing their surgery center - but I will have to just push back. It's my surgery.

anyone else have any issues with TR Richardson? I sort of feel like they are pushing me through the process so they can just get paid...don't get me wrong the staff is nice and all - but I feel that they are ONLY in it for the money....