Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need Breakfast Ideas

I am tired of my same Breakfast every day. Cream of Wheat and an egg. What does everyone else have for breakfast? I love Cream of Wheat, but....!

I consider breakfast my boring meal so I don't think I can help you much. I only eat Protein for breakfast most of the time. Some variation on eggs or egg substitute.

I sometimes have Protein ppwder in oatmeal or in grits. Some days just a Protein Drink.< /p>

I love Cream of Wheats and Cocoa Wheats too! But I crave texture, so I understand your boredom.

Here are a few things I eat:

One of my favorites is an egg white (the real thing) and cheese deli flat.

2 egg whites=34 cal. 7.2g Protein

1 slice Kraft 2% American cheese=45 cal. 4g Protein

1/2 Pepperidge Farm Deli flat, 7 grains= 50 cal. 3 g protein

-I use 1/2 of the deli flat because 2 was a bit more bread to eat than was comfortable. I do toast the deli flat well just to make eating all that easier.

Tomatoes, spinach, turkey sausage or a Morning Star patty would be a great addition. Oh...and I usually pair the sandwich with 1/4 cup low fat cottage cheese and 1/4 cup lite peaches.

Also, I LOVE Kashi Go Lean Crunch (9 grams of protein per cup, I believe) and Krogers Carb yogurt (not sure of the numbers at the moment). Any brand yogurt that fits our band diet needs would do. Just add the amount of each food for the texture you want. I prefer more Cereal. Lots of texture!

Hope you like them!

Even pre-banding I am just not that hungry in the morning. I do try and eat breakfast, though. My absolute favorite thing is Greek Yogurt - vanilla or honey. Very high in Protein - the right consistancy for me (a little tigher in the am) and I love the taste! It's like a dessert for me:)

I am tired of my same breakfast every day. Cream of Wheat and an egg. What does everyone else have for breakfast? I love Cream of Wheat, but....!

I eat a Vitatop & greek yougurt or Starbucks's oatmeal with nuts& dried friuts or a Labrada Protein bar!

Edited by icequeen813
grammatical error

I am tired of my same breakfast every day. Cream of Wheat and an egg. What does everyone else have for breakfast? I love Cream of Wheat, but....!

Try overnight oatmeal.

1/4 cup steelcut oats (must be steelcut, I like bob's red mill brand)

slightly more than 1 cup of Water.

crockpot

bowl that will fit inside crockpot

vegetable oil cooking spray (optional)

spray bowl with cooking spray (aids in cleanup later)

measure 1/4 cup oats into bowl

add 1 cup (plus 1 or 2 tablespoons) Water to oats

place bowl inside of cold crockpot. put lid on crockpot

turn on low. go to bed.

next morning, turn off crockpot and remove lid. Let bowl cool a little while you fix your coffee (or tea or whatever) and take your vits.

When bowl is cool enough to handle remove and "doctor" up the oatmeal to your desire. suggestions: chopped apple or s-f applesauce, cinnamon, allspice, dash of salt, 1 tablespoon powdered non fat milk or skim milk, low/no calorie sweetner of your choice, 1 T. chopped walnuts. I add ALL of the above.. lol.

I make it overnight as steelcut oats takes 10 to 20 minutes to cook on the stovetop and I'd rather sleep those extra minutes instead of stirring a pot.

Oatmeal might seem counter-intuitive for a weight loss diet because it is high in carbs, and indeed it is. But steelcut oats are a low glycemic carb, meaning that they don't spike your blood sugar leaving you more hungry an hour or two later.

I eat mine with a turkey sausage link or patty at about 7am on the days I plan to workout. This keeps me full (along with drinking my 32 oz of water) till at least noon and often till 1 or 2pm.

Non workout days I like Hungry-Girl's "Egg in a Mug" recipes. Google either Hungry girl or egg in a mug and you should find the recipes.< /p>

Sometimes breakfast is leftovers from dinner. My tummy (once I've had my coffee) doesn't know what time of day it is.

another workout day breakfast is Non-fat plain greek yogurt (the flavored versions have too much sugar according to my nurses/dietician) and 1/4 cup Muesli (again, Bob's red mill product). Sometimes I also add a 1/4 cup blueberries or strawberries. Splenda or Equal if desired.

Again, high in the carbs, but I am working out very hard (minimum of 90 minutes) on days that I eat such. Also Muesli is recommended on the Anti-cancer diet and I'm a cancer survivor, so that's something to consider for me. May or may not be something you want to eat. Just throwing it out there for thought.

I've started preparting veggie omelets the night before this is good for 2 breakfast meals as I can only eat half.

1 egg

2 egg whites

onions

red bell pepper

low fat cheese

spinach and sometime mushrooms

plus, they microwave well and taste like they were just prepared.

Edited by Cherishthepast
typo

I toast half an English muffin. Add slice of canadian bacon, 1 slice fat-free cheese, and an small portion of cooked egg whites (I use the same pan to cook egg whites that i heated the canadian bacon in). Almost like an Egg McMuffin from McD. So far I've only been able to eat half of this open face sandwich My hubby gets the other half of mine. Nice treat on weekends.

Dear Melissa,

I looked at the Hungry girl mugs and they look great. But can I just use a regular egg? I dont like to eat anything fake and I have no need to limit calories or fat or whatever...I have very tight restriction. Thanks!

I am pretty tight in the a.m. but I love to eat FF cottage cheese with a just a few nuts and a little splenda canned fruit. My weight loss is slower than most, but steady and I am not being "extremely" restrictive about carbs, I just don't go overboard. SUnday brunch (today) is half an avocado on 1 tortilla and salsa. Added lemon pepper, salt and hot peppers... YUM>

Dear Melissa,

I looked at the Hungry girl mugs and they look great. But can I just use a regular egg? I dont like to eat anything fake and I have no need to limit calories or fat or whatever...I have very tight restriction. Thanks!

I use regular eggs in them most of the time..but a combo of 1/4 cup egg white and 1 egg. Your calorie count will be a bit more, but not a whole lot. 1 large egg is about 71 calories, where 1/4 cup of egg beaters is about 30. 1/4 cup egg white is 25 calories.

I think I remember that they call for 1/2 cup of egg beaters? One egg will probably measure to about 1/4 cup. I buy the egg whites in a little carton, nothing fake in them that I know of.. but I'm currently out of them so can't check the carton and can't find anywhere that lists the ingredients online.

I did find this website which was interesting:

Egg Products: Easy How-To Cooking Tips & Advice: RecipeTips.com

Play around with it and see what tastes right to you and what works for your weight loss goals. :wink2:

I usually have about 1/2 cup of fat free cottage cheese mixed with either chia or hemp seeds and season it with some cajun spices! YUM!!!

Im not a big egg fan but usually I have some turkey sausage and an english muffin or half of a whole grain bagel. When I eat 2 pieces of low fat turkey sausage that usually keeps more full for a couple hours. Im not yet at good restriction so some people might not be able to handle meat first thing in the a.m.