Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters (Early Xmas present)

I'm the 8th too!!! lol.

I go on the 19th to have all my pre-op testing done and I meet with the nutritionist that day. I haven't heard anything about a pre-op diet yet though. Guess I'll find out that Friday :)

I'm the 8th too!!! lol.

I go on the 19th to have all my pre-op testing done and I meet with the nutritionist that day. I haven't heard anything about a pre-op diet yet though. Guess I'll find out that Friday :)

To get to my doctor's office I needed to fly. My amazing doctor set up all of my appointments for me. All with in 2 days. I did not stop moving but got everything done. All i have left is the pre-op blood work.

My pre-op diet starts on Nov 24th (day before Thanksgiving!) I am drinking Protein shakes and have a no carb dinner at night. 4oz of Protein and a cup of veggies. Sounds boring but it will be worth it. i am more worried about not having my glass of wine at night, 2 glasses on weekends!! BUT i will make the sacrifice!

Is anyone else freaking out as their surgery date approaches? I realized this morning that my liquid diet starts in three weeks and my surgery is in four weeks. All I want to do is cry and eat right now. It hasn't helped that I had foot surgery and had to stop my exercise program. I should be able to get back on it next week, which might help with my emotions. Last night, I started crying on my way home from work. I guess I keep thinking about losing my best friend and worst enemy (food) and not enough about what I'll gain (better health, etc.). I'm not worried about the surgery per se, as I have had a fair number of them, but I'm worried about the recovery and especiallly some of the problems that others have had (getting stuck, etc.). I'm also worried that I'll somehow fail in this effort to lose weight and keep it off. I'm guessing that this is all normal, but I'd like to hear if others are experiencing the same thing. Up until this point, I've acted like this surgery isn't that big a deal, but I'm realizing that it will truly be life-changing.

Thanks Vicky, your advice helps but I have been pretty bum'd about the news.

I know what you mean. When the dietician said that to me, I went home and spent quite a bit of time second guessing myself about my decisions but when I mentioned my concerns to my husband he reminded me of all of the research I had done and all of the people I had talked to and that really helped me stick to my guns.

Good luck!

My tentative surgery date is December 9th...hopefully sooner!! Good luck everyone!!

My date is December 9th. Just found out yesterday. Do we have a December group name?

My tentative date is December 9th too!! good luck to you!

I just found out today that I am approved. I started back in August but haven't heard anything from my dr's office since The middle of Sept. So I called them they called the insurance company turns out I am approved and they want to do it Dec 14th. I'm hoping I can get everything done other wise I will have to wait until Mid March. I can't do it until then due to work committments.

I'm a little freaked out that I have only 3 weeks to get ALL my appoinments done. I haven't done anything but fill out paper work. So next week I have my 1st nurse meeting, I meet with the shrink and the surgon. The next week I meet with the nutristionist. They can't set a firm date until I've meet with the surgon so I'll know 100% by the 19th. I can't believe it is happening so fast now.

I'm glad I found this place too. :)

I'm hoping to be December!

I am so excited that I have a surgery date of 12/23. Happy early Christmas gift to me! I am a little nervous about this, but feel (98%) confident that the LapBand will give me the tool that I need to finally succeed and win the war on these extra lbs.

Initial Consult: 11/9

Psych Eval: 11/10

Dietician Consult: 12/8

Pre-Op Optifast: 12/9

Surgery Date: 12/23

I'm up for December 6th. Have my final pre-op appointment next Tuesday, to sign surgery consent papers and such. Then it's a total waiting game till surgery day. I'm SO ready!

Dave

I am also havin surgery Dec 6th. What's your doctor's name?

I am also havin surgery Dec 6th. What's your doctor's name?

My surgeon is Dr. Ross McMahon at Swedish Hospital in Seattle. How about you?

Got My date!!! As of December 22, 2010 Ill officially be a bandster!! Yay and Merry Christmas to me :(