Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fair Oaks Lap Band Seminar

Jump on the band wagon. StockyMD is going to the seminar Wednesday 6:30 at Fair Oaks. Would anyone else like to join her on her journey to Lap Band Land......LOL I tickle myself. How was that "C"

I am soooooooo sad to report that the most awsome Dr. moazzes does not perticipate with my insurance. Sorry i will not be going with you two. Good luck StockyMD. I hope things move quickly for you. Talk to you all soon

I have an appointment with Dr. Brody on Jan. 20 yay im so happy. If anyone has had Dr. Brody Please let me know what you think of him.

Hiya Connie,

Thats my doctor. I will be there 4 days after you, hopefully getting my second fill.

I have an appointment with Dr. Brody on Jan. 20 yay im so happy. If anyone has had Dr. Brody Please let me know what you think of him.

YAY everybody is moving forward. This is Good news. I originally looked into Dr. Brody, but he was not participating with my insurance.

Teresa, Thanks for posting this for me. Love you all

Aristocat - Hope to also meet you. Maybe you can join us mext month.

Hi to all!

I have been researching and contemplating and researching and thinking...

Well, I finally made my first step! I went to Dr. Moazzez's seminar last night and made my appointment with him on Feb. 1st. I have MDIPA too and so now its on to my PCP appts once a month.

I am sooo excited because I am thinking this will finally be what I've needed to get myself together.. I have gained and lost and gained and lost.... and I am just tired. I want to be thin...er and healthy and able to go up my condo steps without falling out when I get to the third landing.... Yikes

Anyways, I am glad to have this site as a resource. And I would like to get to know many of you as I will need lots of support!!!

Keshia

Welcome Keisha,

Hope to meet you soon. Keep us posted on your progress. I too have an appointment with Dr. Moazzez on 1/28/05.

Cristina

Welcome Keshia:Bunny

quote=keekahari]Hi to all!

I have been researching and contemplating and researching and thinking...

Well, I finally made my first step! I went to Dr. Moazzez's seminar last night and made my appointment with him on Feb. 1st. I have MDIPA too and so now its on to my PCP appts once a month.

I am sooo excited because I am thinking this will finally be what I've needed to get myself together.. I have gained and lost and gained and lost.... and I am just tired. I want to be thin...er and healthy and able to go up my condo steps without falling out when I get to the third landing.... Yikes

Anyways, I am glad to have this site as a resource. And I would like to get to know many of you as I will need lots of support!!!

Keshia

Thanks for the welcoming! I just got back from my PCP, that makes two visits. I have an appt with Dr. Moazzes on 2/1. I called his office today and asked if I have to wait until the all six months are complete, the lady that answered said that I have to have at least four to start sending in the paperwork. Keeping my fingers crossed and hopefully I will be approved by early march... We'll see what happens.

Guest karindb

Hi i am new to this so please bear with me. My husband have agreed to have the lab -band done , but his doctor who also agreed have not given us any refereal or guidline, i seems like the doctor is not putting in any effort on our part, any suggestions? By the way hubby is past 500 ponds so it is a health matter.

Karindb hi, Welcome!!!! Do you mean his primary care doctor won't give you any information? I believe HarleyNana suggested contacting your insurance company first to see if they cover the lap band. I don't know what part of MD you are in but it would be a good idea to seek out a seminar. I always talk about my doctor and his hospital because they were great for me. Dr. Moazzaz is at Fair Oaks Hospital if you want to call his office to get information. My heighest weight was 459but I will be 399 my February 15. If there is anything I can do, let me know. God be with you and your family.

Did you PCP give you a weight loss regime to follow?? The records your PCP have to submit for approval has to show your compliance w/a weight loss regime. That's one of MD IPA's requirements for approval.

Thanks for the welcoming! I just got back from my PCP, that makes two visits. I have an appt with Dr. Moazzes on 2/1. I called his office today and asked if I have to wait until the all six months are complete, the lady that answered said that I have to have at least four to start sending in the paperwork. Keeping my fingers crossed and hopefully I will be approved by early march... We'll see what happens.

LSasha, what did ur PCP require u to do? My pcp seems a lil.... well lets just say that he's not quite getting it. I told him I needed a 6 month regimen and he said okayyy and told me to stick to 2000 calories a day... Well I dont that gonna cut it. But I would like to hear of your exp.

Well I went to an actual nutritionist for my 6 mth supervised regimen. She gave me a personalize meal plan that she wanted me to follow and recorded my weight at each visit. At the end of my 6 mths, she submitted informal notes that I complied w/her supervised plan w/my recorded weight at each visit. It was not even one page of info.

As long as he gave you a plan (noted in his records) you should be fine.

LSasha, what did ur PCP require u to do? My pcp seems a lil.... well lets just say that he's not quite getting it. I told him I needed a 6 month regimen and he said okayyy and told me to stick to 2000 calories a day... Well I dont that gonna cut it. But I would like to hear of your exp.