Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November bandsters unite!!

Hello Everyone!

My surgery is scheduled for November 10th! :)

Super excited!!

Hey Sha,

I noticed that you are in california. What hospital are you going to if you dont mind me asking? i'm in california too and am going to cedars in los angeles, I would love to find someone near by that is going through the same thing. My surgery date is set for November 19th!

I will be banded 11-9!! Scared :)

November 22nd here. Who else is around this time?

So I am scheduled for tomorrow for surgery and the hospital just called with my surgery time!!! It all seems soooooo real now! I have to be at the hospital at 9:30am for an 11:30 surgery! :hi: Now the nerves are going crazy but I am so very excited to get to the other side of this journey and really looking forward to not being HUNGRY!!!!:) Wish me luck guys!!!

Woohoo! Just wanted to let everyone know.I was banded this a.m.Everytihng went GREAT really not pain just soreness.I have been home since about noon and sippin Water and popsicles today.Happy to answer any queations.:)

I'm Banded!!!! Had my surgery yesterday morning. Everything went fine. I'm sore and moving slow but nothing unbearable. Guess I got lucky no bad gas pains.... just a little last night after I got moving around some. Came home this morning, the pain meds are good and sugar free Popsicle are great.

J, so happy to hear from you!! I am so glad you are doing well! Good to know it went well and not a lot of pain. Please take it easy, get some rest and keep us posted on how you are doing!

Day 2 on the pre-op....a little more hungry today. But I am proud of myself, as my co worker brought in candy and Mallomars to lunch today, and I did not cave!! When I go home, I ate a SF Jell-O and now I am waiting a bit to have Soup for dinner. Then my SF/FF chocolate pudding for dessert!!

November 22nd here. Who else is around this time?

Me too! Scared but really excited!!!:) When do you start pre=op diet and how long on liquids post op? I am getting the realize band - metal port clips sounsd scary tho'...

Hello all. For those of you who are/know someone dicouraged about insurance not approving you, I have advice. Do it anyway. Sure, I had to take out a loan to finance it, but I know I will save the money on restaurants, groceries, etc. I was banded at 9:30 this morning and couldn't be happier. I'm ready to start this new chapter in my life! I know it seems like a lot to take on without insurance. I may have to drive my same old truck a little longer, or not buy the best Christmas presents for my family, but they will understand.

My only complaint is the pressure on me to get a cpap machine for my newly diagnosed sleep apnea. I was told I couldn't do my surgery without it, and the nurses in the recovery room said I didn't need it. wonk, wonk. At least my liver was small:unsure:

Seriously, Congrats to all of us!

I'm Banded!!!! Had my surgery yesterday morning. Everything went fine. I'm sore and moving slow but nothing unbearable. Guess I got lucky no bad gas pains.... just a little last night after I got moving around some. Came home this morning, the pain meds are good and sugar free Popsicle are great.

Glad to hear about the GAS !!!! lol

It's awesome hearing those of you who were banded this week!!

SO very glad to hear you are coming through with little pain and gas.

I'd love to know how much weight you all lost on your pre-op diet AND how long you will have to be on liquids.< /p>

My husband and I are to be banded on Nov 8th (same day) and that is our one year wedding anniversary gift to each other....Our anniversary is on the 7th. So much for a cruise....maybe next year when we are skinnier....and bathingsuit ready, lol.

Hey all! I'm scheduled for Nov. 5th and I'm a little nervous. I know the procedure is safe and I have nothing to worry about but I'm nervous.

I'm on day 2 of liquids and I'm starving!! I miss chewing and can't stop thinking about all the foods that I would love to have one more time. I guess that's what goes along with an addiction.

I'm really excited to start my journey. :hi:

Hi Ashley3819.

Im also scheduled for nov 5th and feeling a little nervous:scared2:. I have been on the pre-op diet for 12 days now but am happy with how i have done i have had a few slip ups at first but now its all good. Good luck to you on surgery day. Would love to catch up and see how you go.:)

Queenslander

How does one add that Tickerfactory.com meassurement to your post?

:)

I will be banded 11-9!! Scared :sad:

Don't be afraid Hun...I will also be banded on Nov. 9th at Hurleys In flint Mi. It will be the best change I have ever made. So far I have lost 11 lbs on my liquid diet and since Sept. 30th I am down 13 Lbs, so I can't wait to see how much more I can use my new tool to lose so much more weight and be a healthier me.You too will be a healthier and live a fuller life after your surgery. Goodluck and don't be afraid to save me as a friend.:hi: