Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all, newly banded person here

My name is Lesia (pronounced Lisa), and I was banded on 8/20/10. I started this journey last year, but with my BMI (right at 39), I needed co-morbidities that I didn't have. So I dropped it.

I looked into it again in Jun, went to the doctor;s seminar, scheduled a sleep study. I do have sleep apnea, but it isn;t bad enough, according to my insurance. Hubby and I talked and decided to do selfpay.

I had my first appt with the doctor on 8/4, then back on 8/16 to schedule surgery for 8/20.

I'm doing pretty good with the liquid part, but it sure is boring. My belly is still swollen, but the pain is way better today. Still taking it easy, though.

I did read here a lot before deciding to do the surgery, you guys have lots of info, thanks.

Honestly Lesia - you are in the hardest part of the journey. Not to say it is all roses from there, but being on a liquid diet or mushies and then soft foods is not fun when the swelling eventually subsides and your appetite comes back.

Just remember that when it happens what you are experiencing is normal. Also, if you being to have feelings like "why did I do this to myself", that is pretty normal too. The first several months are tough with adjusting to having the band, not being at the proper restriction and also learning how to deal with head hunger and whatever your issues are with food.

I encourage you do get support, perhaps in multiple ways...an exercise buddy/walking buddy, attend support group sessions, involve family members if possible, and also other bandsters since they have a better idea of what you are going through. Keep your Protein intake up, try and get in adequate Fiber which helps to keep you satiated also, and remember there are alot of people on here happy to answer any questions you have.

I wish you the very best and all the success you deserve! Congratulations on the start of your new life!

Congrat on new band. I was banded on 8/16. Cant be happier. The only pain i have is that pesky shoulder pain. Feeling good now that im on mushy food. Hope everything goes well for you. Heres to a better way of life ongoing.

hi all i am also a newly banded person. i had my band done on 8/19/2010. so any advise is greatly appriciated!

:)Hi, newly banded also, the 24th. I appreciate all the information here, knowing that feelings and thoughts are normal and progress is slow but oh so worth it. I am blessed with little pain, but also bored with liquids.......post op appt next wed. Keep up the good work everyone and thanks for all the advice ,it is a comfort:thumbup:

Good luck and it seems to be the case that people with lower starting BMI do not lose as fast - remember it may be slow and steady but it will happen.

Hello,

I was banded on aug 19 and I am stilll on the liquids as well. It has been very hard but I know that it will be worth it in the long run. You have to take it one day at a time. Just think about much weight will be loss. The only uncomfort I have is where the port is located. Stay strong & positive. With all the support on the forum we all will make it!!!

I was banded on the 18th but I'm on mushies now...Good thing bcuz the liquid stage gave me the runs!! LOL...Good luck to everyone!