Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Outrageous Octobers

Mush Maddness

So yesturday was my first day on Mush/Puree. I had egg salad (bad) I had mashed potatoes w/ Roast Puree over top (MP's good/roast BAD). But tonight, I put red Beans in chili sauce and taco meat in the blender until puree'd. Thank you GOD... It was great!!! I'm so thankfull that I found something edible... I was really worried...

Thought I'd share - hope you all are doing great...

Hi all I'm happy to join everyone on this journey. I was banded on 10/28 feeling great,no post-op pain. Post-op visit is on friday.,looking forward to seeing what the numbers are.

Hope everyone is doing well

Keep up the good work

I also had my surgury Oct.8 and I am doing great. I also noticed I think I am eating to big of portions. I go back Nov 9 and I am so afraid I have gained. I'm hoping to get my first fill. I have not went back to all my old habits but I feel my full feeling is taking more. I keep telling myself

ONE DAY AT A TIME. That's how I got this way and that's how I will un-do-it!

I too feel as though I am eating too much in portion and probably too fast as well! I have yet to feel the adverse effects, except for the fact that I lost 25lbs in the first two weeks and am really hoping that I am not going backwards now. I need to SLOW DOWN and pay more attention when I eat! I can't wait for my first fill. Surgery was 10/11 and first fill is not until 11/29 due to the holiday! TOOOOOO LONG! AAGGHHH!

I too feel as though I am eating too much in portion and probably too fast as well! I have yet to feel the adverse effects, except for the fact that I lost 25lbs in the first two weeks and am really hoping that I am not going backwards now. I need to SLOW DOWN and pay more attention when I eat! I can't wait for my first fill. Surgery was 10/11 and first fill is not until 11/29 due to the holiday! TOOOOOO LONG! AAGGHHH!
I also had my surgury Oct.8 and I am doing great. I also noticed I think I am eating to big of portions. I go back Nov 9 and I am so afraid I have gained. I'm hoping to get my first fill. I have not went back to all my old habits but I feel my full feeling is taking more. I keep telling myself

ONE DAY AT A TIME. That's how I got this way and that's how I will un-do-it!

Hi gals it's Kick Butt Time - Measure Measure Measure... Get out your measureing cups and spoons and measure. I'm about 2 1/2 weeks out and if I don't measure it, I will for surely overeat.My stomachs rumblin and I feel hungry, but I want to loose weight more than I want to eat - I'm sure you're like that too. I know it takes more time - but you want to succeed - take the time to plan, and measure your meals. Your body will get used to eating less, you just have to trust it, and take the time to make it work.

Hope this helps...Leah

Well girls I was banded on the 5th, and I too feel like I'm eating to much. But as long as you losing and the time between eating is over 4 hours you should be good, that's by my Doctors standards. You will continue losing, but with all the Holiday hoopla coming are way, just don't forget to keep up the walking, or exercising what ever you are doing. Just think Positive:thumbup:

Hi all - Please join in for Monday weigh-ins, if you like, and there is a great Christmas Challenge going on also - here's the link

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...thkey=CJGdlIUD

My mother had a great funny for me... I'm usually the cook in the family for Thanksgiving, and so they are all coming up to my house for dinner - she laughed and said - we're happy to eat squab, and a mini potato mash. We laughed, it was great. Thanksgiving is my most favorite holiday, I pray I'm strong enough to stay on track. :)

Hi to all the outrageous octobers!!

I was banded on the 27th of October.

I am doing ok, but am cant wait to get something 'real' into my mouth!

I never thought i would be so excited about cottage cheese or scrambled eggs!

I was back to work quite quickly, so my days are ok, but i am struggling at night as i am not able to go back to the gym yet, so am a bit bored and thats one of my triggers for comfort eating.

I am starting to feel a wee bit hungry, although i dont feel that i'm overeating yet. The posts about overeating are really scaring me.

Cant wait for my first fill, and the journey really to begin!

Any comments, hits, tips or general chat would be much appreciated as i am feeling a wee bit lonely here :)

Loz

Hi to all the outrageous octobers!!

I was banded on the 27th of October.

I am doing ok, but am cant wait to get something 'real' into my mouth!

I never thought i would be so excited about cottage cheese or scrambled eggs!

I was back to work quite quickly, so my days are ok, but i am struggling at night as i am not able to go back to the gym yet, so am a bit bored and thats one of my triggers for comfort eating.

I am starting to feel a wee bit hungry, although i dont feel that i'm overeating yet. The posts about overeating are really scaring me.

Cant wait for my first fill, and the journey really to begin!

Any comments, hits, tips or general chat would be much appreciated as i am feeling a wee bit lonely here :thumbup:

Loz

Loz,

I feel the same way. I was banded on the 29th and I feel like I could eat anything. I have follwed the diet good during the day at work but at night I start to get bored and want something. Last night I ate a piece of pizza and I had NO TROUBLE with it. I was so mad at myself for being over hungry and not prepared. So I went to the store pureed some chicken breat added some teriaki and it was pretty good. Need to go to the gym to keep busy-thats for sure. Well. I am back on track today with yogurt packed, Water, skim milk, sugar free pudding and am feeling pretty good. Glad to find someone who feels like me and I think a fill is going to make all the difference. Let me know what you think!

Minnesota guest

Hi Everyone,

Well - today is 4 weeks since surgery and I have to say I am feeling 95% back to normal. Still experience some pressure around the port when I get up from a chair but I am not aware of it if I am walking around. I accidentally picked up my grandaughter yesterday. Felt a little sore after that. Not sure when you are able to lift again. I go the Dr. and nutritionist tomorrow for my 4 week checkup and change of diet. Been on mushies for the last 3 weeks and now I believe I go to semi-solids. I cannot wait to have something a little crunchy. I found a recipe on line and I have used it a lot and love it. Thought I would share it....Skim milk ricotta cheese, a squashed meat ball, some extra sauce and shredded mozzarella. Mush it all together and throw in microwave for 1 - 2 minutes. Delicious - lots of Protein. I love it. Glad to hear all of you are doing well and I will let you know how I did at the Dr. Have not gotten on a scale yet. At my support group the leader said not to focus so much on the numbers on the scale. She said if you are doing the right thing the weight will come off. I am trying that approach now!! Good luck all!!:thumbup:

mn guest were band twins!

I had surgery the same day as you and its good to know someone feels the same way, Im watching what I eat but can feel my appetite has returned. Hoping for even a small amount of restriction after the first fill.

mn guest were band twins!

I had surgery the same day as you and its good to know someone feels the same way, Im watching what I eat but can feel my appetite has returned. Hoping for even a small amount of restriction after the first fill.

When is your first fill? I feel so normal like I never even had surgery. Someone said that this is the hard part, after surgery and b4 first fill. Trying to watch what I eat too and I am definitely not eating like I was before. I seem to prefer liquid/soft stuff now.

How are you feeling?

When is your first fill? I feel so normal like I never even had surgery. Someone said that this is the hard part, after surgery and b4 first fill. Trying to watch what I eat too and I am definitely not eating like I was before. I seem to prefer liquid/soft stuff now.

How are you feeling?

exactly same feeling here! feels like I dont even have a lapband. My first fill is 11/26. Im reading that restriction doesnt come till about the 3rd fill:cursing: but as long as Im not starving, I'll take it! When's your first fill?

Edited by bunny106
ETA

exactly same feeling here! feels like I dont even have a LAP-BAND®. My first fill is 11/26. Im reading that restriction doesnt come till about the 3rd fill:cursing: but as long as Im not starving, I'll take it! When's your first fill?

I am scheduled for the day BEFORE Thanksgiving. Not sure if that is going to be good or bad although I have a small family that doesnt really Celebrate very much so it should be ok. Nice to find someone (a twin) who is in the same boat as me. I also want to lose about 60 more pounds. We can do this right!!!!