Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I WAS BANDED TODAY!!!!!!!!!

I am in a lot more pain than I anticipated, but I just can't believe that I'm finally banded. I will post more detail later, but for now, thank you all for the well-wishes!!!

Glad everything went well!!!!! best of luck on your new journey!

Jennifer

HI Everyone-

I've read this entire thread and am so excited to be getting banded next week! My date is 8/12 and this is my first post on the site. I've been reading it for a while now though. I can't wait to get in shape and lose the weight!

I was banded yesterday! SO glad to have surgery behind me:)

The only pain I have is gain pain and it's mostly in my left side and my chest. Hopefully it will pass soon.

Congratulations! I hope all went well. I'm sure the chest pain will fade soon!

My surgery is in 5 days and today is my first day of the preop diet. . . :party: So far it has been okay, but I had to drink 2 Protein Shakes for Breakfast and 2 for lunch to feel satisfied. My doctor's form indicates to drink only 1 for breakfast and 1 for lunch. I feel silly not listening to the doc, but I'm doing the best that I can feeling so hungy. Plus, my husband is out playing basketball and I have 2 little ones to take care of. I don't want to be cranky because I'm hungry while taking care of them.

I was banded yesterday! SO glad to have surgery behind me:)

The only pain I have is gain pain and it's mostly in my left side and my chest. Hopefully it will pass soon.

My pain is completely different. I have no pain in my sides, just right under my boobs. I have a lot of back pain, but I know that is just due to my muscle guarding. I've been using a heating pad, mostly on my back but occasionally on my tummy as well. I slept on the couch last night to keep my upper body elevated, but I think I'll sleep in my bed tonight. :party:

I think the best thing so far is that I have felt NO hunger. NONE. I know I didn't get enough fluids yesterday, but it hurt to swallow. I could feel every drop going through my new smaller stoma. But I don't have any of that today, and my sips don't need to be nearly as small as yesterday either. I've drank a glass of juice today and a popsicle and plan to have chicken broth for lunch! The difference between how I feel today vs. yesterday is remarkable!

I'm having issues with getting my energy levels back. Don't think I'm getting enough Protein. Need some ideas on how to up my protein levels doing the post-op full liquid.< /p>

day 3 post op here and I feel like crap. Super tired, horrible headache and absolutely no engery. No pain meds since last night though. :party:

I typically only check out the blogs...but decided to be adventurous and check out other parts of this site! :party: hahah....Anyway, I came across this Forum! I too am being banded in August....actually, I'll be banded on the 10th! I am SOOO excited! I'm a little nervous of the pain...only b/c I've never had any kind of serious injury or surgery or broken bone....nothing! I have NO idea what to expect...although I'm thinking it'll be pretty bad! Anyway, I'm day 7 on my liquids...and someone was right. After the 3rd day of being starving and CONSTANTLY thinking about food, it has gotten remarkably easier! I can't believe it...but it is really true...and if someone had told me that last Monday, I surely would not have believed them! hahahah....

It's nice having this little group of people who are all banded around the same time! I'll be excited to track everyone's progress too!!

Anyone from MA??

I'm having issues with getting my energy levels back. Don't think I'm getting enough Protein. Need some ideas on how to up my protein levels doing the post-op full liquid.

Are you drinking Protein Drinks? ? GNC sells a product called Isopure that is really good with 50gm of protein per serving they have powder and some pre-made that is clear. they are very tasty...

Hi everyone, my banding will be on August 12th. I am also going through the diet. I felt so alone until now.

Are you drinking Protein drinks? ? GNC sells a product called Isopure that is really good with 50gm of protein per serving they have powder and some pre-made that is clear. they are very tasty...

That's SO funny! It's amazing how different everyone is....b/c that was the first one I tried...and I thought I was going to die! I thought it tasted awful! hahaha....I have enjoyed Myoplex Carb Control chocolate Fudge (premade shakes). For the powder, I have enjoyed nectar by Syntrax. I bought a variety pack of individual packages from mybariatricpantry.com. It was good to see which flavors I like....plus, they come in individual packages...which could be easier to take to work. Plus, they come in some fruity flavors like Cherry & strawberry Kiwi that are pretty good too blended with ice! :party:

hope that gives you some more options!

i was banded today!!!!!!!!!

I am in a lot more pain than i anticipated, but i just can't believe that i'm finally banded. I will post more detail later, but for now, thank you all for the well-wishes!!!

congradulations sockmonkey!