Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone, I am 15 months post op and have lost a total of 96lbs. I had my last fill two months ago and happy that I had finally gotten restriction. The past few days I have been constantly clearing my throat, and have had some pain in my middle back. This morning when I woke up I felt really tight, in fact I was getting the little hiccup that tells me I’m full but had not eaten anything. When I got home from church I ate some salad and now it feels like Its stuck at the back of my throat but not like a regular PB kind of stuck. I keep swallowing and swallowing and it’s still there. I have been drinking some hot coffee which seems to help a little. I have not had any PBing or anything like that so that couldn’t be it, I have started taking a new med that I have to swallow whole but they are not particularly large but I didn’t start having pain until I started the meds which may be the cause.

I guess I am wondering if I have slipped my band?? Anyone have experience with the clearing the throat thing??? Any advice would be appreciated.

Jen

I believe clearing your throat can be a sign of reflux.

I think it is worth a check in with your surgeon.

Is it possible it could be the new med? I started a medication for Migraines late last year that caused me to feel tighter. It is a very small pill, but it was the medicine itself that caused it. I eventually adjusted to it, but I thought I was going to need a slight unfill.

I hope you feel better soon!

i have a slipped band and am having suregery tomorrow to fix it (hopefully). I was throwing up contantly and choking at night.

It sounds to me like it may be over filled? That happened to me as well. I would call your Dr and see about a slight unfill...

Thank you both so much for responding, I think that I may be too tight as well. Its hard to see my Dr. since he is 4 hours away but I will call him tomarrow and see what he wants me to do. This part of the band is so frustrating.

Possible reflux, possible too tight, possible swelling from a stuck episode. Recommend doing liquids for a day or two then gradually add back mushies then solids!!! Hugs

Hi:

I had a small slip that I wasn't aware of. However, looking back I had a time when I had this very strange burping thing going on in April. Then I started eating more and gaining and thought I needed a fill. When I saw doctor in May he did a barium swallow and I had a slip. Unfortunately it didn't fix itself so I had my band replaced (with larger band) last week.

Because you mentioned the strange burping I thought I'd let you know I had some of that too. Please make sure you mention all of the unusual things to your surgeon so that he can help you. One thing to always remember is that your band shouldn't cause pain once you've healed from the surgery. If you have pain or reflux you need to call your surgeon.

Please let us know how you make out.

Sue

Do you still have your Gallbladder ?.................symptoms sound similar to mine right before I went to the emergency room to discover that a stone had traveled and was causeing my panrease to be inflammed.

JoJo,

I have been on liquids since yesterday morning (hate it! lol) I plan on staying on liquids until I figure out what is going on. Thanks.

Sue,

I do get this gurgle burp since my last fill, I usually get this hiccup that tells me I am full but have not eaten anything, so yes that is very strange. I will mention this to the nurse when I call her. Thank you.

Larraine,

I had my gallbladder out a few months after I had my band placed, and yes the symptoms are very similar which is odd because I don’t have my gallbladder (???) I told my nurse a few months ago that this pain was strange but she insisted that it had nothing to do with the band. Could there possibly be something still going on with the gallbladder area could they have left a stone behind? Thanks for responding.

I will update you all on what the nurse says when I call her. I am hoping that I don’t have to drive 4 hours to see the dr and that any testing he may want done can be done here. It’s so frustrating not knowing what is going on. Thanks all who responded.

Jen

sometimes you can have gallstones in the duct. symptoms are about the same as have gallstones in the gallbladder. I would have it checked out if I wear you.