Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sorry for the newbie question. So I went to see my doctor today for my second fill. I have an 11cc band. Last time he put in 7cc. He added 2cc more today. As soon as I had the Water I threw it up again. He was reluctant to take any out but I asked him to. It felt horrible. He took out 1cc. So now I have 8cc. Since I had my fill 2 hours ago I've tried drinking water and it feels like it's getting sort of stuck. I can drink it, but then I get gas pain and start to slime and foam. Is this normal?

OMG - that is really aggressive. I assume that you must have a realize band and not a lapband as generally people need more fill in those to feel restriction.

Hi:

Sounds like you need to get some of your fill out.

I think that what I was told is that if your band is causing you pain you're in the red zone. Red zone means you should call and/or see your doctor.

Hope you feel better soon.

Sue

I was the same way. I had them aadd only .5 cc to my existing 5cc in my 10 cc band. I went 3 weeks barely able to drink, and mushies were a trial to get down. I went in and had .25 taken out. Over those 3 weeks I lost 3 pounds. Went in yesterday shared how I culd drink ok, eat about 1/4 cup of food before throwing up, then also shared that I was in perm slime mode. DIdn't matter what I ate or drank after about 1/4 cup I would slime. It made drinking all my Water difficult, it made getting in enough calories and protien impossible. I lost no weight during those 3 weeks. Yesterday the Dr. took more out of my band. He said I should not be feeling like that and that with it too tight too much damage will ensue. From the effects of inadequate Protein to possible band erosion, I was more than glad to get some taken out. I am now down 1 pound since yesterday and I feel like a whole different person, I have more energy, and can eat my whole cup of food again!

I think what you are describing sounds like you have too much fill, I'd get some pulled out.

Edited by patsal

Okay by now you know that you need to take some out but here's what to do until then. Go with warm Water or tea. Don't drink in the morning. Sip a tiny bit slowly. If you can't sip slowly get a child's sippy cup and use that. That's it for the day. Try to add a room temp. shake later on in the day. 12:00-2:00. Again drink it very slowly. Do this for 2 days. Then add some greek yogurt the next day. 1/4 teaspoon at a time. Just touch it to the yogurt and then put it in your mouth. The more water you get into you the less bubbles and slime. I'm filled 7.5 in a normal 10cc band. I went to 8 and had them take out .5 right away. I can eat now-fish etc. but I'm going to have them remove some again because I'm getting reflux at night. Until you go to the doctor realize that you still can take your Vitamins and you can drink so you aren't going to fall over. Think of it as a crash diet until he can unfil you. Good luck.

Thanks for all your advice. After about three hours my stomach settled down and I was able to drink Water. In the evening I had some iced tea. Today I've been drinking water. I also had some yogurt which went down fine. So I'm feeling much better. I'm kind of scared to try solid foods but I will give some chicken a go this evening. Wish me luck!

If you ate the chicken and got sick I would not be surprised. You need to be on liquids for 2 days after a fill and soft foods for additional 2 days. On the 5 day you can begin to eat other food.< /p>

I was banded 7/21/10 and yesterday and today I cant drink anything yet..and I am getting A LOT of foam

blk-weight.png

Edited by MandyPA

I was banded 7/21/10 and yesterday and today I cant drink anything yet..and I am getting A LOT of foam

blk-weight.png

Mandy: Please call your surgeon. Dehydration is not something to play around with. You'll probably need to have an i.v. to get some Fluid in if you're not able to keep anything down.

Take care.

Sue

The foam and slime is coming because you are not drinking. Water--room temp or warm, very very slowly. Make it an hour to drink a cup. You will begin to feel better. Try that. And don't get upset, relax because that tightens your chest. Walk around while you drink. Stand up.

blk-weight.png

Needless to say I had to be put back in the hospital twice more and finally came home again Yesterday. I am still having a hard time with getting anything down and getting very frustrated! I am still only able to suck on ice and that is really all I have had in my stomach since the 21st. I had an IV while at the hospital so I was getting fluids but when will the swelling go down so I can at least take a sip of something!?! They tell me that I had a large hernia repair which caused swelling and got thrush from the antibiotics given during the surgery as well. I know this will pass and things will get better but I am having a hard time staying positive. NOT to mention I have not been able to take any of my meds to help deal with this stuff.

Did you let your doctor know you're unable to take your medications? You should. He may have an alternative. I know it sounds gross, but if it will bring relief it's worth it, some meds come in suppository form. I had to take this type of medication for nausea once because I couldn't take anything by mouth.

Hope you get better soon. I don't blame you for being a bit downtrodden about this experience because of what you've gone through. However, after you turn this corner you'll look back and say it was worth it.

Take care.

Sue