Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone at less than 800 calories?

Or around 800 calories?

If you are at around 800 calories (or lower), what is your energy level? How do you feel?

Since getting my 5th fill I am very restricted. I dunno if this is the sweet spot or not. The last few days, away from organic egg nog, pumpkin pie, I've been at just around 700 calories. I wasn't loosing anything, not at 1200 calories, not at 1000 calories. Well, at about 700 calories for a week, I've gone from 242 to 237 (5 pounds was water) so I really only lost one pound since getting this latest fill.

My trouble is that yesterday and today I am just dragging butt. I slept for about 11 hours lastnight, and I sure could take a nap right now. So obviously, I know I need more calories, that's not my question.

I just got my first fill Monday morning and with that day of liquids and Tuesday being mushies (some oatmeal for b and 3/4 cup veggie Soup for l, PB'd supper and had a slimfast optima) I did my fitday totals and I am under 600 for both Mon and Tues, not much more for today so far. I am feeling like I took a sleeping pill this morning. I know my body doesnt feel good and my energy sinks when I go below 1000. I feel tired and lethargic, I will definitely be eating a heartier supper tonite and working back to healthier amounts. However, I dropped 2 lbs since Monday, just isnt worth it to feel so dragged down though.

I have been under 600 calories for 3 weeks now, a week before surgery and the last 2 weeks. My doc says 1000 calories is my goal but don't panic if you can't do that. I drink all day long so I really don't get hungry like I used to. I eat thick Soup, drink milk and juice, I've added mashed potatoes with no gravy and I'm still under 600/day.

I'm not tired or sluggish. I don't think I could run a marathon but I'm only 2 weeks post op. I am having trouble getting enough protien. Maybe that's why you feel run down. Try a spoon of Peanut Butter and a banana.

Just a thought from a rookie!

Vines, I averaged my fitday for the last month and I only averaged around 862. Most days I get around high 800 to 900s.

I don't mean to eat that little, but I eat 3 meals a day and get all my Protein in, plus some and I haven't noticed any energy loss. I would like to get up to 1200 a day, because I think this is part of the reason why I am not losing weight. I just don't think 700 calories is enough to even meet the average basal life requirements.

Crystal, I pretty much stayed between 8-1,000 cals for August and September--and you know I had great loss during that time...also worked out like a fiend. I've done that before for months at a time. The key is to get in enough Protein. I mix Protein Powder in my coffe every morning (16 grams) & often have another 30g (2 pacs) mixed in fat free Jello pudding (white chocolate is my favoirite).

The Protein powder I get is from a Liquid Protein fast program I did for about a year & a half--7 months on straight Protein Shakes and after the first few weeks I NEVER felt better or had more energy in my life. I also never peed as much because with this kind of diet it is really crucial to drink enough Water. The straight protein is too drastic for me, but it really works well for me to supplement with these.

This is the site I order from...

http://www.hackleyhealthmanagement.com/

I get the HMR 800 in vanilla to mix (with a whisk) in coffee (or whatever) and the HMR70 to mix in the Jello pudding because it stiffens up. These aren't particularily cheap--but worth it. You can look at the protein/carb etc for yourself and see that it isn't just high protein. I think it's a really high-quality formula.

I haven't brought this up before because, number one it costs $, and number two it somehow it kinda feels like cheating. I know many people got the band to get AWAY from diets. BUt hey--I got the band to lose weight and this WORKS for me! It might be worth it to you to try this stuff--or something similar. I think the key is to keep in mind that it is NOT forever. The strict WEIGHTLOSS phase is harder and requires less cals than maintenance.

Note, I'm not suggesting you go on a liquid diet--just supplement with something high protein. If you're severly restricted you're pretty much on a liquid/mush diet anyway, right?

Guest ASPHALT ANGEL

I am 6 weeks out and I consume 800-900 calories a day. I make sure I am getting plenty of Protein ar else I start to feel weak and tired. I will have a low carb Protein Shake if that happens.

Well I've tried to stick to my presurgery Optifast routine even though I dont actually have to. I wanted the kickstart. After fainting twice I realise I cannot get by on 500 calories a day. Yes the hunger disappears as your body slips into Ketosis but I"m active and on my feet all day and I just cannot function on that. Add that I was trying to keep working out also and the fact that I know I lose weight fast and well on 1500 calories a day and really, I come to the conclusion that since I dont need to shrink my liver, Optifast is stupid.

I think 1000 to 1200 is really the lowest you should do.

I have stayed below 800 calories for 6 months now. I have never felt better. I get up earlier and do more each day than I have for a long time. I have 2 Protein Shakes a day, take my Vitamins and take my calcium citrate every day. My resriction is good. My first fill was .5 cc and the second one was also .5cc. I can only eat small meals but that is okay I feel full. No pbing or sliming because I stop when I start to feel full. I also drink at least 60 oz. of Water a day. My first goal was to be at 200 lbs. by christmas and I only have a couple of pounds to go to meet that goal. That means a 70 lb. loss since be banded 6 months ago yesterday.

Crystal are you taking your Vitamins and getting your Protein in every day? If you are too restricted to eat the Protein then have a shake. Since you have not had a lot of restriction in the past try different ways to work with this restriction. I wish you lots of luck that it will work for you.

Crystal,

I am averaging 700 calories a day... just calculated them. I am not a calorie counter... I am a carb counter.

I have stayed away from sugar and caffeine and I have been taking a chewable Vitamin, and Vitamin C and I have never felt better in my life!

How long have you been doing the 700 cal?

You seemed very informed about everything I have seen you post, but for me... when I have a lot of carbs or sugar or caffeine I drag butt all day.

Hope this helps.

Congrats on that weight loss!!! Just hope you get some energy back.

I am also under 800 for the past 3 weeks 1 weeks before and 2 since and my energy level is good till about 10 pm then its lights out .. but that might just be mental :)

I am between 1000 - 1200 a day. I don't want to go to low because when I'm near goal I'm gonna have to drop some calories to reach it. I don't want to maintain a goal weight with only 800 calories or less, if this makes sense.

Eating less makes me feel icky. 1200 seems to be a happy spot for me at the moment and so far I'm down 25 lbs since the end of October.

Are you taking Vitamins? This is very important plus Calcium.

Hope you find a comfy level.