Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm home and bandless

Michelle,

Glad to hear you are back and are in good spirits. I hope you continue to have some restriction to aid you in additional weight loss. I have no doubt that you will be able to maintain your present weight and continue to be successful.

Hugs,

Babs in TX

I'm confused about the stitch. Was this an EXTRA stitch that is not normally done on people? If so, WHERE was this "extra stitch" and WHY was it done?

I'm going to really start worrying if it is a stitch put on the anterior (front) side of the stomach above the band. The stitch does not actually attach to the band; it's only on the stomach. The purpose of the stitch is to form a "bump" that helps prevent slippage. This stitch was done on me by one of my surgeons---it was a technique she learned from Dr. Ponce in Georgia.

Thanks,

Yvonne

I'm so glad that you are doing well! You are truely a good person. I know you have meant a lot to a lot of people on this board! I'm glad to know that you will still be hanging around! Keep up the good work! You rock girlfriend!

Welcome Home and I glad you made it through without any problems. I am sorry about your band but knowing you, you will do just as well without it.

Lamadam

I am sorry this happened to you.. your amazing for taking it so well and loooking to the bright side... your an inspiration on so many levels..

I wish you all the best.

You always continue to inspire me. Your internal strength and well-being is phenomenal. And your POSITIVE outlook on issues that have come your way is so touching to me.

HUGS -- Even though I am a major lurker, the bandsters I have met and talked to will always be in my heart. This board has always been a wealth of inspiration and honesty, and you are definitely a large part of that.

Carol

Hi Michelle!

I AM SO HAPPY YOUR HOME. I love your attitude & how great you are handling this all. I too am a patient of Dr. Ortiz. I am very confused about this "stitch". Can you explain a little more? Is this a stitch that was placed in a certain place that normally isn't? Do all bandsters have this stitch placed in the same place? I am confused at how a stitch can cause erosion. I know so many people have asked the same question, but I truly don't understand!!! :) I'd love more info.

I'm amazed at how good I feel. I went back to work as a waitress on Thursday and worked all day as well as today. I'm on liquids for the next week but hunger is not even an isuue, so strange to say that but I'm sure it is due to all the bloatedness and swelling I still have from surgery. My incisions look great and are healing beautifully.

According to Dr. Ortiz he stitches the same way on all of his patients, this does NOT mean all of his patients erode, it means my body just rejected the stitch, it festered there and caused the erosion.