Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

how much can u eat now???

since u have had ur surgerey and some fills how much can u eat now??? Im @ my 3rd fill so far and Im bareley can eat off of a small saucer. I am scheduled for my 4th fill tomorrow n Im kind of nervous about getting it bc Im really not eating now as it is... Can anyone tell me if they are going through what I am?? I told my doctor that I am happy with the weight loss n I dont want to be skinny and he just says oh u can do it its not going to hurt u... I was 217 or 214 before surgery now Im 158lbs and I love it... any suggestions for me, is this normal for me not to even be able to finish a small meal??? how long will this last will I ever be able to eat again?????

thanks again for all the comments n advance:confused::smile2::confused::(:confused:

I just had an unfill a couple of weeks ago because I couldn't eat much and the doctor said I had a little reflux(from upper gi). I didn't notice any difference though. I had him take out 1 cc at the time. I have been able to eat, but I don't feel the restriction at all. I am going to have 3/4 put back in next week. With all that said, you may want a small unfill to allow you to be able to eat a little more. When I get small unfills, they're usually around 1/4 cc.

since u have had ur surgerey and some fills how much can u eat now??? Im @ my 3rd fill so far and Im bareley can eat off of a small saucer. I am scheduled for my 4th fill tomorrow n Im kind of nervous about getting it bc Im really not eating now as it is... Can anyone tell me if they are going through what I am?? I told my doctor that I am happy with the weight loss n I dont want to be skinny and he just says oh u can do it its not going to hurt u... I was 217 or 214 before surgery now Im 158lbs and I love it... any suggestions for me, is this normal for me not to even be able to finish a small meal??? how long will this last will I ever be able to eat again?????

thanks again for all the comments n advance:confused::smile2::confused::(:confused:

Why are you having another fill if you are losing and barely able to eat now and worried about not being able to eat again? This is your body. You should have another fill when YOU think you are ready for one and your doctor agrees. Don't be bullied into having something done that you are uncomfortable with. If you pay for your fills and your doctor overfills you is he going to give you your money back? No. And BTW, getting another fill and becoming overfilled CAN hurt you. You could have reflux, heartburn, pain, vomiting and risk band slippage.

My suggestion? Don't have the fill. You seem to be doing fine without it. And if your doctor gives you a hard time, find another doctor. This should be a collaborative effort not just him telling you what to do.

Good luck.

Edited by Cleo's Mom

I agree with Cleo's Mum . I can't understand whyyou are getting another fill - it sounds as though you are doing fine with what you already have.

I kind of don't know why you would need another fill. Know your zone, sounds to me like you are green spilling over into red.

Since my last fill I can barely get food down in the am--I mix Protein powder because I am that tight. By lunch and dinner I can get food down so long as I follow all of the rules. I have not felt hungry between meals and feel like I am at a good place. My next appointment is in 4 weeks, at this point I do not plan on getting a fill.

just cancel the fill appointment.

Easy-squeezy. You're not under any obligation to do what your doctor says, especially when you don't feel comfortable with it.

I agree that a fill can only hurt you at this point. I can eat everything including bread and get hungry sometimes and I don't even think that I need a fill. Sounds like it would definitely be too much of a good thing. When you find yourself thinking about food and getting hungry between meals, then I'd go-a-knocking.

Don't get a fill-trust me. If you get to where you can barely eat, you end up eating food that isn't good for you, you also run the risk of band slippage which is really scary and expensive. You are doing great-don't risk being miserable and hurting yourself.

If anything, sounds like you may be too tight. You should be able to eat at least 4oz of food at one sitting. I would talk to your doc. about an unfill.

I personally think some surgeons like to have their patients a little on the tight side to take a bit of the joy of food and eating away. After reading on this forum for the past year and a half it sure sounds like it is a problem time and time again. And I don't understand it.

Being too tight does make you revert to foods that go down easily - slider foods. And alot of them aren't very nutritious. If it is too uncomfortable to eat solid food or too much of an effort, you need an unfill - pure and simple. This banded life is NOT about misery. It's about trying to eat less, eat healthier, lose weight exercise and BE healthier. It is not to suck the fun out of everytime you eat - just make you eat less. It is up to you to make wise food choices. If you can't eat appropriately, then something has to change. Get a small unfill and don't be miserable. You're asking for a whole batch of problems by being too tight.

I went to my dr two weeks ago and it was the first time since I had my surgery that I did not lose a lot of weight. I only lost 1 lb in 2 months. Well she made me feel like I gained 20lbs. I knew they were going to tell me I needed a fill, but I'm going to Punta Cana in Aug and I'm afraid I might get sick and have to throw up, from the food and Water. I have not had to throw up since having my surgery. I could not believe she told me I should get a fill now and have it taken out before I go on vacation. I thought "ARE YOU CRAZY". I feel great, can eat almost anything and get very little heartburn. I have only had one fill and I had problems for months after it, terrible burning and pain on my right shoulder. I have also read many posts about people that get filled, unfilled, filled, unfilled and have many problems. I told the dr, no fill and I will wait till my next visit. She said ok, see you in 2 months, I said no 3 months. I'm happy and taking control!!

I had my last fill for a while June 8th, and I can only eat about 6-8 oz of solid food at a time, and maybe 10 oz of liquids at a time. and I am good for 4 hours. I agree with the rest you don't need another fill, just keep moving. I am at my sweet spot now I am looking forward to moving more eating less and losing weight.

158 is great what is your goal?

hello to all my fellow bandsters I did nt get the fill and I feel so much better.