Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking violets- part 6!!!

OOOO I am spittin' mad at one of my grad students! uuuugggg....this is the emails we've been exchanging. Start at the bottom paragraph. UUUGGGG...I've responded too, but it is not here!

Dr. K

I certainly did not mean to offend you. I have checked the doc sharing document and I though I was citing the reference correctly. I am not sure why your document would be different from the APA manual if the Walden papers are supposed to be in APA format. I will review it again and work to figure it out on my own. When I say "productive guidance" I mean support as a professer to graduate students. I rarely see any interaction on the discussion board in which you provide any input beyond a sentence or two. In the comments you have made to me, few have been positive or contained any information on the topic to extend think ing and learning. I suppose this is getting to me more and more as the weeks progress, because I work very hard to do my best in this program and feel that every contact I have with with you is negative. The next time I need productive and positive guidance from an instructor I will contact some one else. In the past when I have asked Walden professers for help I have been supported and been treated with respect and with the professionalism one would expect from a mentor.

Rachel~

I am not quite sure what you mean "productive guidance"? I have asked you on both of your papers to open, download and refer to the APA template that can be found in the doc sharing area(not the manual). Had you done that you would see that there are spacing errors and indention errors on your reference page. I am unclear what you mean by "incorrectly noting pages on the reference page". Have you looked at the APA template in the doc sharing area? I have, on both papers, asked you to do so. Also, the last paper, failed to have the rubric attached.

If you need more productive guidance, feel free to call me.

Dr. K

---------------------------------------

Hello Dr K

I continue to get points taken off for APA specifics on my reference page. I have used my APA manual each time, and I am not sure what I am doing wrong. It seems that I am incorrectly noting pages on the reference page. Could you please give me some productive guidance?

Oh UGH, Pam. Bleh. Good luck w/THAT!

It's raining raining raining here. Supposed to have flooding. Lovely.

I don't know if it made national news or not, but if you heard about the charter bus that went off the flyway north of DC... it happened near where I grew up... terrible accident!

Well, aren't I just the bluebird of happiness today? :drool:

I'll say it anyway: everyone make it a great day!

Good morning, Violets..

PamELa.... uuuggggg is right.. Hope you get this issue resolved.

Michelle.. was just reading about the bus accident in our local paper this morning. Tragic.

Lazy day today. All I have is a flute rehearsal at 2. I'm making meat loaf for dinner. Not the German kind, the Case kind with home made pickle relish mixed in. Haven't made it in years and the Bobster is thrilled. I'm going to have buttered, cooked cabbage along with it.

I got in the hot tub last night and we got the knee to bend even farther. Now all I have to do is keep up with the home exercises I got from the therapist and I'll be back to exercise walking and riding my bike hopefully before the snow flies.

Joe and family are scheduled to head back to Michigan on the 11th. I can't wait to have Ethan back here for some Gramma time.

Off to find some Breakfast and get dressed for the day. Everyone make it a good one!!!

Good morning!

Judy, I thought Jen was coming back early with Ethan? Liked today?

That is terrible about the bus crash, didn't read or hear about it. But was worked both places yesterday.

Jen and Ethan are coming back by bus and will be here on the 12th. Joe is driving the U-Haul back and will be here hopefully on the 13th. He was going to stay longer, but he said as long as he was depressed, he might as well be depressed with friends and family rather than by himself. I will just be glad to have them all home and especially to get Ethan back.

Mmmmmm leftover Thai food for lunch. Then off to flute rehearsal. The Bobster will be golfing, as usual.

Good evening, Violets..

Can it be??? A week ago at this time I was in California??? Time sure does fly, doesn't it??

I have the meat loaf and scalloped potatoes in the oven and the cabbage on the stove. Things are starting to smell really good in here!!

Flute rehearsal is done and now just waiting on Project Runway.

Hope everyone has a good evening!!

Can it be??? A week ago at this time I was in California??? Time sure does fly, doesn't it??

Judy, I just had this thought at dinner! And it took me by surprise! A week ago enjoying those margi's @ Las Cas... mmmmm. :drool:

It was rainy & windy all day today... so I made the first batch of chili of the Fall/Winter season! It was very good (if I do say so myself!).

I am so tired... bed early tonight, I think. Sweet dreams, everyone!

It does seem weird...can't believe it has been a week! Long week for me with that additional project, but being SOOOO busy, the week flew by.

I came home and Sus had made spaghetti!!! What a lovely surprise. And since I don't have papers to grade...I get to relax and read and watch boob!!! I love boob tube!

xoxo

Oh yeah...has anyone read Freedom by Jonathan Frazen (something like that). I am going to download it tonight. It came HIGHLY recommended. Anyone?

No, my sister has read his books, she likes them. She says he has gotten weird as he has gotten famous. Or maybe as he would say we have gotten weird as he has gotten famous.

Busy busy day, both today and tomorrow. I just hope I do okay then at Sallys. Then I work there on Sunday. I have a perm both today and tomorrow and hate to go in smelling like a perm! Oh well...

Good morning, Violets..

Had a strange night. I went in the hot tub and did my stretching and bending without the Bobster this time. When I got out, about 15 minutes later the knee started to sting really bad. Never had a stinging pain before. I had to take 2 percocets and was worried that I had torn something. But it's fine this morning, thank goodness. I got a good night's sleep and the knee is bending normally with no pain ... whew.

We are going to an apple orchard this morning with Kris, Grady and a couple of his little friends. Should be fun! They have lots of stuff for the little ones to do while the bobster and I will be sampling the gooey, apple goodies.

Everyone have a great day!!