Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

MAY BANDSTERS ~ How are you doing?

Just wondering how all of you May bandsters are doing? Please post an update on how you're progressing or any concerns!

I was doing amazing until I started having some pain yesterday. I suspect it is just swelling...although not sure from what. I have an appointment tomorrow to check things out.

I have felt physically great and have lost about 25 lbs if you count my pre-op diet. I am looking forward to my new life.

Hi! I'm doing great! VERY excited!!!!

I began my 2 week pre-op on April 27th ... weighing 315!!!

On my op day, May 11, I weighed 303. It has been exactly 3 weeks since my surgery and I now weigh 288. I have lost a total of 27 pounds. I'm happy... of course, wish it were 37.. but when have I ever been able to lose 27 pounds in a month??? NEVER! And this time I KNOW I will never gain it back!

LIFE IS GOOD! Hope everyone else is doing great!:rolleyes:

Banded May 3, 2010 and doing great.. Down 14 pounds. Had my first fill on May 26th. I'm slowly introducing foods one at a time. Tonight is salad!! Whooohoooo!!

Glad to hear you are all doing so well.. Keep up the good work!

I was banded May 22 and I have lost 20lbs since then. I'm on full liquids for another 16 days. My appetite really hasn't returned due to swelling. I can go all day just drinking Water. My mouth may water when I smell food but there is no physical hunger. Has this happened to anyone else?

I was banded May 22 and I have lost 20lbs since then. I'm on full liquids for another 16 days. My appetite really hasn't returned due to swelling. I can go all day just drinking Water. My mouth may Water when I smell food but there is no physical hunger. Has this happened to anyone else?

Wow!! 20 pounds in 10 days?? I wonder why I'm only down 14 pounds in a month? I guess everyone loses at a different rate. I was hungry from day one.... Well.. day 5 I was ready to chew my arm off.. they moved me onto full liquids a couple of days early. I couldn't stand the hunger any longer.

Hello- Surgery was May 17th, pre-op diet started May 3rd to date 20.50 pounds lighter.:rolleyes:

I was banded May 17th. I was down 33 lbs on my surgery day, but I have only lost 7 lbs in the past two weeks. I am so frustrated with the lack of weight loss. I have been perfect with my post-op diet, and I have been walking daily since my surgery. I am so afraid that I will one of the people who do not have much success with the band. The scale hasn't budged a single pound in the past week. I have increased my Water and Protein and still nothing. I do not get my first fill until July 6th. All of this work and no results is a great concern for me. I had more success losing weight before my surgery. :rolleyes:

I was banded May 10th and so far, so good. Except for the fact that I went to a barbeque yesterday and did NOT do so well. I haven't had a fill yet and I am hungry ALL THE TIME!!!! But I ate what I ate, forgave myself and put myself on liquids for today and tomorrow. I go for my fill June 8th and am hoping for a little restriction, even though I've been told that it probably won't happen. I was down 20 pounds on Saturday and refuse to weigh right now, lol!

I hope everyone else is doing GREAT!!!!:rolleyes:

Well I had surgery May 19th!!! I am starving! I feel like i could eat a huge ribeye and baked potatoe! I've lost 14 lbs. But I have no restriction and i could eat anything and it wouldn't bother me! I had pizza last night and loved it! i can't find a Protein Drink that I like! I need help!

Palmtreegirl70

You are doing great, I know what you mean about losing more weight in the pre-op stage. I keep trying to remind myself that it is more than I have done the last couple of years. I have the same fears as you on the success. Remember baby steps.

Edited by mterry
many typo's

Banded May 3, 2010 and doing great.. Down 14 pounds. Had my first fill on May 26th. I'm slowly introducing foods one at a time. Tonight is salad!! Whooohoooo!!

Glad to hear you are all doing so well.. Keep up the good work!

What was the first fill like?:rolleyes:

FYI, I posted this same message under a thread in the pre-op section.

I was banded May 21st and so far I am down 12lbs 11 days post-op. Surgery and recovery went really well and I only needed pain meds the day after surgery. I was pleasantly surprised about how well I felt. I was even able to go back to work 1 night earlier than planned (4th post-op night). I am currently progressing from pureed foods to soft foods and I hope to be eating regular by the end of the week. I prepared myself by buying lots of post-op food, but right now anything other than yogurt or chili is unappealing to me. I can tolerate other things, I just don't want them. My staple product is GNC's Amp 60 Protein powder. I make one 12 once shake every morning (60g Protein 280 cals) I drink half for Breakfast and then if I don't meet my protein requirements during the day I know that I absolutely have to drink the second half of the shake. Exercise is going to be my biggest obstacle during my weight loss journey, but I have begun to walk 2 miles a day while pushing almost 100lbs (a double stroller carrying 2 kiddos). I ordered wii fit plus and a personal trainer game. I plan to do that like 4-5 days a week. My first fill is scheduled for 5 weeks post op, so that will be here relatively soon.

Hi All,

I was banded May 18th and so far so good! I am extremely happy to say I am introducing different foods to my diet. I have lost 14.5 lbs since surgery. My first fill is schedule for June 18th (excited but nervous).

Thanks!

I was banded on May 21st. I have been hungry like crazy. if I don't eat, I am miserable and when I do it, I am miserable. I constantly have a tightness in my sternum. I am having a hard time getting in my Protein, liquids, and Vitamins. I went and got some unflavored Protein Powder from GNC to mix with Soups. I have trouble with most things, except Tostino's cheese pizza. Strange!!! I eat about two small pizza's (cut in eight pieces) and I am full and satisfied. I know this isn't good since I am only twelve days out. I go back to the doctor on Thursday and will see what they say. I am also having a problem with gas still. Sorry to be so aggrevated about this whole thing. I just keep saying, tomorrow will be better and in a week or two, it will be the best thing I did. I am down 12 lbs.