Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm tentatively scheduled to get banded mid-August. ..am just having to complete required evaluations.

I am really really hoping for August, but will probably have to wait until September. That said, I have not even met with the surgeon for the first consult yet, so I may be dreaming.

I have an appointment with the surgeon and nutritionist on July 28th. I meet with the shrink on July 21 and my primary care tomorrow.

My insurance says it does not require a 6 month diet or 5 year medical history, so that is a relief.

My question is what kinds of tests do they make you do before insurance approval? after approval?

I just can't wait to start.

Kurby, I am with you...I am such an emotional eater I am worried about how I am going to fix that part. I know unless I can get my head around that part this might not be the right tool for me...but I've got to give it a shot.

I have one month before I have to do a 10 day high Protein liquid diet. It seems like everyday I keep saying to myself that it's fine...I can eat whatever I want because it's all going to come to an end. Kind of like every day is my "last supper". Luckily I haven't gained any yet. I think it's because I signed up for a walking program at work and I am tracking my steps with a pedometer and it really is getting me to move more.

Glad to see so many joiners...hopefully we can be an active group and support each other through this.

Suz

I am very excited... tomorrow I meet with my Consultant. Not sure what to expect, do I need to wear my best underwear?? Either way, at least the ball is rolling now. I am eating like it is going out of fashion because I know that come August I am going to have to go on the liquid diet (i think.. not sure how it works yet in the UK)

I know I should be eating healthily etc, but the band is for the rest of our lives really... so if I can't have a good nosh now, then when can I... just means it may take a little longer to get to my goal. But I love eating... seriously love it... I got depressed today because I finished my lunch. Not sure if it is the taste, the feeling or the action of eating... but it brings me joy. Certainly going to struggle to chew my food 30 times once I am back to eating solids... but will HAVE to.. thats the point. The band is taking away my freewill and that is what I need.

Yipee Kai Hay.. xxx:thumbup:

I just got my date!!!! August 5th will be the beginning of my new life. So much to do between now and then, but it will help make the time fly by.....

Hi y'all! I'm Michelle. I am being banded with True Results here in SA, TX~ I have my last required weightloss visit and nutrition visit on July 8th... then we submit and wait for insurance approval. I am really hoping for an August date as well~ I am a teacher like some of you, and want to be banded when we go back to work! :confused: It's nice to meet y'all.

oooh... forgot... stats: Michelle, 34 years old, 5'9", 305 lbs.

I'm starting to get anxious!!! Insurance paperwork was submitted last week... fingers crossed and hoping to hear soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG... i finally got my first appt.with the dietician... it is about time... so many things is coming up this month... i gotta get ready...

Hi! I recently got a date of 8/30 and it's a GO!

I began this process last October (when I went to the seminar), had my psych evaluation in January and then began the process of documenting 6 mos of regular Dr appointments. I did miss a month due to traveling and I was also not 100% sure this was something I wanted to do - I started getting more nervous as the end approached and to be honest - I am still nervous! Oh and my approval came in - 4 days!

Does anyone else have a date of 8/30?

I had my 6th and FINAL dietician appointment today, Yippiiiieeee!!!! My paperwork will be submitted tomorrow or Monday. The person who handles billing at my doctors office said it should take about a week for a response. I'm going to call my insurance company sometime next week to see if they have made a decision. Please pray for me.

Hi all: Just got my date for August 19th being banded with Dr. Geiss on Long Island, NY. Scared, nervous, excited all at the same time. Did all the testing before I got my date. It still not approved yet with the ins. but they give a date after you finish all requirements. Hope all goes well with the ins. I have BCBS of North Carolina. Anyone out there with this insrance plan? Good Luck to all August 2010 Bansters.

cat lady:confused:

hello

I too have bcbs of texas and I had o do 3 months of diet and my surgery is 7/23/10. I am wondering why they have asked you to do 6 months....thats too long the insurance has revised the six months to 3 months. I am going with true results and I know there is one in texas. But if you have one more month to go than wait and i wish you the best.

Congratulations jingle! That's so exciting. I am hoping my stuff is submitted today. :)

Awesome lk77!! :smile: No date for me yet..

Prayers for yuo losethemess! Sounds like we are on the same track! I had my last appt. yesterday as well! :angry:

Arrgh!! It's been over a week since I got the "OK" from the doc and they said they'd submit it all to insurance. They told me it would be 1-2 weeks until approval. I know myself, and this week I've been all cranky and edgy... so waiting the weekend may drive me nuts! I called insurance to see if they could tell me anything and they had not received ANYTHING from Dr's office yet! And the insurance people said it would take 10-15 days to review the paperwork and then up to 30 days more to decide. UGGGGG. At this rate it will be January before I can have this surgery. I could almost cry. I will give the dr's office until Wed and then I'll call to see how things are going. I don't want to pester the people who will be cutting into me.

Trying to remind myself the insurance people have to give an exaggerated estimate so if it does take longer than 2 weeks I don't get all bent out of shape, and trying to remind myself that my Dr's office handles a ton of these surgeries and knows what to expect from insurance...

So I will be ... patient... for a few more days... if I can!!!