Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey Liria, great to hear your story, good luck.

My doctor does not require any weight loss before surgery. I thought it couldn't hurt to get started. For those of you that had to do a full blown diet...what does it consist of? Was it shakes? If yes...any in particular that you recommend and how many a day did you have?

:)Hi Everyone! I believe i'm going to be august Bandit also. I was suposed to have my surgery end of June early July but due to a hospital stay with pneumonia and then a long taper of prednisone, they have pushed my sugery back a few months. I saw my Dr yesterday and he's thinking late august! I'm very excited:tongue:. I joined program with my sister in December of 2009. I have finished my sleep studies,psych evals,nutrionists,C02 testing and i'm about good to go! I'll help her and then she can help me so it should all work out great! I'm worried about the two week liquid diet, is anyone else? My fear is i have a very hard time drinking instant Breakfast drinks or shake drinks like that every since getting very ill on a program years + years ago called Optifast. It kind of makes me sick to drink anything like that now .

OHHHH, I hope that I will be an August bandster too!!! :) I started my 6 month program in Feb, and I have 2 PT and 1 Dietitian visit left. Then it is off to see the surgeon. I've heard only good things about my surgeon, so I look forward to meeting with him.

I am 6.2 ft and 274 lb...never been this big before...so I am looking forward to starting this new life. But I am like so many other people on here....eat, eat, eat! I have never been eating like this....non stop. And yes, I think that I have to eat it NOW, cause I can't touch it later. Stupid brain :yikes:!

I am both nervous and happy and excited and scared. But mostly, I am very very relieved that this fat life will be over soon. So, I will let you all know when I can yell....I got accepted!!! :) OHHHH, I can't wait!!!

Good Luck everyone!

Heyyyyy.. I am Sabina from the UK. I have consultation on 7th July and booked in for operation on 17th August. Made the decision last week to have the band. I am 34, 5ft 10 and 308lbs. Sick to death of food and being controlled by food. I will be keeping my eye on you and checking on your progress. So happy other people are doing it at the same time, be good to swap stories xxx

Hi Everyone:

I will be having my surgery on Aug. 2nd. I have my pre-op on July 19th and hope it goes well. I am 41 weigh (GULP)235 and am 5ft 5in. I have high blood pressure and sleep apenea. I was surprised I got approved so fast. I started in May.

I could have had the surgery sooner but we are dealing with our house being rebuilt (!14 months!) after a fire in May of 2009 and I want to be in my house all settled before surgery.

Anyone else really scared of surgery? I am really making myself ill thinking about what could happen.

Talk to you all soon!

Debbie

Anyone else really scared of surgery? I am really making myself ill thinking about what could happen.

Talk to you all soon!

Debbie

I am. My brain goes into over drive when i go to the dentist nevermind being put under. i've only been under once before and i was terrified.

. So happy other people are doing it at the same time, be good to swap stories xxx

welcome - i'm glad i'm not alone either. i have only told my dh, mother 1 brother and 1 aunt and really don't have anyone to talk to about all this so it's great to find people who are going through it with me

I am like so many other people on here....eat, eat, eat! I have never been eating like this....non stop. And yes, I think that I have to eat it NOW, cause I can't touch it later. Stupid brain :angry:!

I am both nervous and happy and excited and scared. But mostly, I am very very relieved that this fat life will be over soon. So, I will let you all know when I can yell....I got accepted!!! :thumbup: OHHHH, I can't wait!!!

Good Luck everyone!

i'm there too - can't stop eating, always hungry which was never the case before. maybe i should have them cut the fat part out of my brain while they've got me under. :)

:seeya:My fear is i have a very hard time drinking instant breakfast drinks or shake drinks like that every since getting very ill on a program years + years ago called Optifast. It kind of makes me sick to drink anything like that now .

when i was pregnant 5 years ago i coulnd't hold anything down so i started drinking Ensure drinks with extra milk. i figured it would absorb the good stuff before i threw up with morning sickness it worked. so i'll be going back to them the week before my surgery date. i like the strawberry and chocolate but no other flavours.

My doctor does not require any weight loss before surgery. I thought it couldn't hurt to get started. For those of you that had to do a full blown diet...what does it consist of? Was it shakes? If yes...any in particular that you recommend and how many a day did you have?

my dr doesn't require anything either but like i said above i'm doing the ensure drinks about a week before my surgery. they did say it didn't matter but they suggest high Protein low fat.

to those who have pre op appointments what do you have to do?

i have to get a bunch of blood tests and an ekg but that's it.

uggh I was having surgery on July 26th but I just got the call. Changed to Aug 2 :)

not too bad but after 6 months of waiting it seems like forever!

I too hope to be banded in August!! Just got my insurance approval letter the other day and am awaiting a call back from the surgeons office with a date. I hope it can be the first week in August....

Brand new to posting here- have been lurking for a couple of months. I'm scheduled for August 4 and am looking forward to this next chapter.

I'm 54 (yikes!), 5'5' and 260 lbs, give or take. I'm also consuming everything in my path until I go on the pre-surgery diet on Wednesday.:)

Keep your fingers crossed for me!!! Saw the surgeon yesterday, I've seen the nutritionist twice, had my psych eval, all of the tests necessary, and lost 5 #s more than they required... so :biggrin:Dr's office sent in insurance info yesterday... they said they usually hear back within a week (and seemed to think it would be approved based on their experience).

If all goes well I am looking at surgery the 2nd week of August!!!!

I'm really excited!!!!

Im hoping for a tentative date around August 20th. My Dr is submitting the paperwork to insurance this week coming up!!

Hi! I just got approval for my lap band and my surgical date is August 24th! I am so excited! This whole process so far has taken about a year and a half and I am ready! I have appointments on August 18th with anesthesia and nutrition. My doctor only requires his patients to do a clear liquid diet for three days prior to the surgery so I am thankful for that. I am really looking forward to this exciting part of my life that will be starting soon!

Hi Kurby,

I'm hoping for late July or early August. My insurance/weight loss clinic has required 6 month physician supervised weight loss and multiple tests, including a psych test. I have completed all but one dr's visit and a meeting with the dietician...my next hoop will be to get an appointment with the surgeon. Depending on how long it takes to get in to see him will decide when I get a surgery date, and this is still depending on if I get approval from insuarance. The road has been long, but has given me the opportunity to thoroughly think it through and given my hubby time to get on board as well. I have felt confident about the surgery and results since my decision back in Dec 2009, but, recently have had a few friends express concern, which I must admit has me a little nervous, but, I'm not ready to reconsider. This forum has helped, somewhat, and I'm sure talking with the surgeon will help too.

I am 5'4 1/2" tall

begiining weight was 310#

Weight today is 285#

45 yrs old....46 on Tues.

Look forward to sharing the journey to a thinner us!:thumbup:

wow - i'm so happy to see so many new faces here.

it's an exciting time for us all now that we've decided to take the next step.

for me i'm having a very hard time. i'm an emotional eater and my brain tends to freak out when i decide to make changes so i've been craving junk for 3 weeks now and have gained 10 lbs.

we're going away for a week tomorrow so all the walking and excitement should help keep my mind off all this

i talked to the dr office and they said it was perfectly normal and not to be too hard on myself which will only cause me to continue.

i only have a couple of days to get my blood work and ekg done when we get back before we're off to the states for 2 weeks - another good trip for my brain so it can get away from the craivings.

i'm tired of being tired all the time,

tired of being out of breath all the time,

tired of having a sore back, knees, chest,

tired of not being able to play with my daughter because i have no energy

tired of not going swimming with her (even though i used to love to swim) because i'm so embarrassed to be in a suit

and just tired of being so damm fat

i'm excited for my holidays but really Aug 12th can't come soon enough

good luck to all of you who are doing your final dr appointments.