Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am from the UK and we don't really get the surgery for free here unless you are a serious health risk. I am not, I am just obese class III apparently but apart from being a chunky monkey I am fairly well.

Soooo, I have to pay 6k for it, which is fine. It's a huge amount of money to me, about $10k and I have had to borrow it, but I think I will try even harder knowing that I have had to spend so much money.

In one way I feel like a complete failure for not being able to get off my ass and lose the weight by myself, but on the other I know that this is going to be very hard and a long struggle and I am sacrificing alot to get slimmer... particularly bread and soda... I adore them both.

Anyway... Looking forward to August 17th... Start pre op diet on 7th August to shrink my liver... so in the meantime, I am going to enjoy eating bread and soda and anything else I can cram into my mouth... may take me a littl elonger to lose the weight... but I am going to miss Garlic Bread.

Will be worth it though.... d for def

:):thumbup:

Hi August Banditos!

I had my peop appt on Jul 6th, was told I had to lose 4 pounds on the preop diet. Piece of cake I said, and waddled out with two big jugs of Protein powders and chewable Vitamins. The insurance coordinator said she'd send in the insurance paperwork for appoval and we should hear in a few weeks. So I settle down to wait...and eat, unfortunately.

Imagine my suprise on Friday the 9th when I checked phone messages, and heard a message from the 7th that the insurance company had APPROVED MY WLS!! :) Holy crap was that fast or what??! I'd heard that BCBS was fast, but wow!!

So, my dear Banditos, I will be banded on August 4th...the beginning of the rest of my life. :cursing: I'm so jazzed.!! Aside from my DH I haven't told anyone except for one friend. And she's already making snarky comments, :ohmy:. Envy is an ugly emotion isn't it?? Well I don't care, I know you guys will be all the support I'll need! Thanks for listening everyone.

Hi Wickwit: Thats great to be approved so fast from BCBS.

Mine should be submitted to my ins next week -- hope for a fast approval like you. I have BCBS of North Carolina. They told me they approve or deny within 72 hrs. Keeping my fingers crossed. I got a tentative surgery date of August 19th. Getting excited and scared at the same time. I'm beginning to research which Protein Drinks are the best tasting. I know I'll be drinking alot of them. Good Luck. cat

I too am hoping to be banded in August. I go for my final consultation July 28, and hope to set a quick surgery date. I have done the 6 months of dieting and the psych eval. The time is drawing near. I am getting a little nervous, but not enough to back out!!!! I am 40 years old, 5'9" 285 lbs. I hope to get down to 190. It is helpful to read this forum and know there is support out there.

Great for you!

jingle,

You and I are in the same boat !! im gonna call on Wednesday and see if they are processing it yet. What Insurance do you have? I live in Florida , but have BCBS of georgia , which doesn't have many requirements .

Jennifer

Hi, everyone. I'm Risie from Atlanta. I'm 31 years old, single and have a 13 year old daughter. I'll be banded by Dr. Titus Duncan from True Results on August 3, 2010. I started this process in October 2009 (weight loss seminar) weighing 306 lbs. I am 5'7 and weigh 300 lbs (BMI 47) right now. I have Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS). Here is my weight loss journey.

October 2009 - Seminar

December 2009 - PCP appt to discuss LAP-BAND®®

January 5, 2010 - Started 6 month doctor supervised diet

January 11, 2010 - Started 6 month counseling

February 27, 2010 - Psychological Evaluation

June 12, 2010 - Finished 6 month counseling

June 18, 2010 - Cardiac Clearance

June 23, 2010 - Finished 6 month doctor supervised diet

June 23, 2010 - Submitted to insurance company

July 2, 2010 - APPROVED

July 7, 2010 - Endoscopy

July 28, 2010 - Meet surgeon and pre-op

August 3, 2010 - Surgery Day

I've got BCBS of Texas, and there aren't alot of strict requirements. I have to have 3 months of supervised dieting and a psych eval. and I guess thats about it. Hope it won't take too long to schedule after last consult.

jingle,

You and I are in the same boat !! im gonna call on Wednesday and see if they are processing it yet. What Insurance do you have? I live in Florida , but have BCBS of georgia , which doesn't have many requirements .

Jennifer

I'm in NY with United Health Care. They had requirements for BMI's 35-40 to have co-morbidities, but no such requirements over 40... which unfortunately I am.

My PCP actually called me from home yesterday afternoon as she was writing the letter for insurance, so she'll send that to the surgeon and then they'll send it to UHC. Hopefully it won't be long now!!! If I can't get in for surgery in August it won't happen until the end of the year... i can't take time off Sept-mid December with my job. So fingers crossed all goes well this week! For you too!

I want to come out and play. My name is Monica. I'm a 35 year old mom to 4 kids (12, 10, 3, and 2). I decided on May 30 to get the lapband. Had my first doctor's visit on June 17. Got approval from Tricare on June 23. Had my psych eval and nutritional assessment on June 30. Got a phone call on July 6 from the doctor's office to let me know that I have my pre-op on July 19 and surgery scheduled for August 2. I wasn't expecting the process to happen so fast, and my head is spinning. It is spinning in a good way though.

Wickwit, I have an August 4th date as well. We should compare notes! I'm on the preop diet, but mine is a bit different, as I"m in a trial for a nutritional product. I have to be on this diet for 4 weeks, but so far, so good. I am able to eat Protein and veggies, one snack and two shakes. Am meeting with my doc for the preop appt on Friday. Full steam ahead!

Starting BMI 43.3

goal? tbd

54 years old

5'5"

I am being banded Aug 3rd, 2010. It has taken a long time to get here and I am anxious to get it done. If anyone is getting banded around the same time as me I would really like to stay in contact and support each other. I am new to this site and not even sure if I am posting correctly.

WOW - i went away for a week and so many have joined us.

Welcome everyone and good luck. time is ticking :thumbup:

is anyone else having trouble with craivings. I can't seem to stop eating now that my decision has been made. i'm craving all things sweet and bad

so much so that i've gained 10lbs. even on holiday where i didn't eat inbetween meals and walked a lot i still gained a few pounds instead of losing.

we're going away again for 2 weeks this coming friday and i'm hoping all this travel will help keep my mind off it until i return

i have to do my blood work and ekg this week and i still have no energy :thumbup:

August 9th for me!!!

I am concerned though...i havent been put on any diets??? i had my pre-op testing done 2day...which was the absolute worse!!! Anybody else out there not on a diet

i'm not- they just suggested a lower fat higher Protein the week before