Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i'll be glad when Aug 13th comes.

my brain isn't made for this. i've gained 10lbs.

i just can't stop eating - i'm hungry allllllll the time it's nuts. i never eat this much now all of a sudden i can't stop.

on the plus side we've only got 10 more days before we go away for a week so hopefully being away and walking will keep my mind off all this.

:thumbup::tongue2:Hello everyone, I'm sooo excited. Found out yesterday my insurance approved my surgery. :) looks like my surgery date might be August too. Was hoping for July though and there is still a chance. My insurance requiresd the 6 month diet also but if I lost too much my BMI would drop below 35 and I would no longer qualify. So,,, since Jan. I've pretty much just been maintaining my weight. I'm 43 yrs old, 5'6 and weigh 221. Yikes, that's the first time I've ever told anyone that!!! I am sooooooooooooo ready to feel good again and wear all of those cute clothes I have hanging in my closet. :blink: I have a 25 yr old daughter and a 14 yr old daughter. I keep telling them we will be sharing clothes this time next yr haha. I used to be thin but after a divorce a few yrs ago i let myself go and food became my new best friend. I had a high school reunion last yr and wouldnt go because of my weight. They are already planning another one next yr and I cant wait to show of my new body!! :eek:

Next tuesday is my 2nd Nutritionist appointment and next Thursday I see the surgeon. As long as I've lost my last 5 pounds (that the dr requires) they will submit paperwork to insurance!!! They told me it usually takes about 1-2 weeks for my insurance to approve, and then another 4 or so to get on the surgery schedule! Fingers crossed!!!

As of this morning on my bathroom scale (which is NEVER the same as the dr so I could be way off) I was down 8 lbs since my last appointment.

So... hopefully in the next couple of weeks it will all come together!!! Mid August will be perfect for surgery... with my job I can only take time off in Summer and Winter so if I can't have surgery before 9/15 it will have to wait until December. So I've been really kicking my butt to get those 5lbs off!

Hi Guys!

My surgery is scheduled for Aug 11th. I can't wait. I find that trying to eat better now is hard, I know I have to but am struggling with the mind set of when will I be able to have this again? Its so frustrating! I wish you all well and can't wait until Aug 11th.

272 starting/242 now

Hi everyone, i'm also an August hopeful. I have had my psych evaluations and i have seen my cardio Dr. i go back for an EKG later in July and also my pulmonary exam later in july, I need the dietician to get back to me for my 3 visit, hopefully they will all be in july so i can have my surgery by the second week of August too.. I really stressed to the Surgeon, that i want it done before i go back to school which is at the end of August, so hopefully by then i will be on Mushies and can eat the Soups and mash potatoes they serve at the Cafe` at my school, My pysch evaluation went really well tho.. we should come up with an August Bandster name!!! Like The August BandIts, or Augie Bandfam, or August Hotties!!! lol just some silly names i have thought of...:thumbup:

Hmm... has anyone else had to do an EKG test like Sweatkc85?. My doctor's office never mentioned this but I've read post's and quite a bit of Hopefuls are required to do these for approval. Sounds like a lot of us are teachers( Sweatkc85) who are trying to get surgery before school starts back at the end of August. I told my doctor that I would like to schedule the surgery before the end of August because I'm a teacher and they said that couldn't until I received approval. Takingcontrol, I've been a human garbage disposal since starting this whole process, I've eaten more now, than I think I've ever eaten in my life, strange. Congrats, Ebtkm5 on your approval. I understand where you are coming from. My 10 year high school reunion is this year and there is no way I'm going. I was in a wedding last week and dreadeddddddd taking pictures. I look even fatter in the picture, than I do in person. Anyway, keep me posted everyone and Good luck.

I am an August bandster as well. I am August 27th. I am also new to the site and have found so much helpful info. I would love to see how we all do and maybe we can answer eachother questions along this journey.:bored:

Oh i'm not a teacher, i am a student! Im in college still, studying to be a Pediatric Nurse!

Hello everyone, I'm new here too. I have spent quite a bit of time reading lots of these boards in order to be prepared for what's ahead. I have my surgery date set for August 16th. I'm excited and nervous all at the same time!

A little history about me... I am a 36 year old mother of 2 boys. They are still young and I really hope that with this surgery they'll have memories of mom doing EVERYTHING with them...not sitting and just watching!!!

I am 5ft 2in and am starting at 246 (which puts me at a BMI of 45). My insurance is flippin' the bill for this...YEAH!!! Like many of you I went through the 6 months of doctor's visits and my time is now almost here.

Hello all!

I don't know if I'll get in in August or not...but here's to wishing :scared2: My insurance covers it with no pre req diet or anything so at least I know I won't have to do that.

My name is Kylie, I'm 5'8 and 330 pounds *blech* I have a great husband who has been going to lots of seminars with me and 4 kids (3 boys ages 11, 10, and 7, and one girl age 5). I am just ready to get this going!!! Trying to find a surgeon who doesn't have an outrageous "program" fee.

Hey guys! My name is Amber and Im 35 years old and have already received my approval for surgery! Im supposed to hear from the surgeon's office tomorrow to set up an appt for my pre-op visit to set a surgery date. I would love to have it done in July but we are taking a week vacation to Colorado and I dont think it will be the best thing if Im just recovering from surgery when we have to drive 2 days to get there plus being on a liquid or pureed food diet. So Im thinking surgery is going to be the first week of August.

Im 5'2' and weigh 263- Ive lost 14 pds on my 6 month diet.

I just talked with the surgeon's office- pre-op appt is scheduled for July 19th, will start my 2 week pre-op diet on the 20th and then surgery is scheduled for August 3rd! I wish I could do it sooner but an already paid for vacation is preventing that. :scared2:

Hi Suz,

Welcome to our little August Banding family :ohmy:

I know what your saying about wanting to go sooner.

I have to wait until Aug 12th because we're away for almost all of July

I wish i had done it back in March during the school break but it's ok - at least i'm doing it now and not 5 years and another 300lbs from now

have a wonderful holiday and just think - this time next year we'll be thin beautiful women who can really enjoy our holidays instead of going along for the ride.

My surgery date is August 27. I have been working on this for the last three years. I am kind of scared about undergoing surgery.

I'm an August Bandito as well.

Mine is August 24th with Pedro Kuri in Hospital Los Angeles (Mexico). Big trip to go from Alaska to Mexico, but I am self pay and the Anchorage surgeon was $23K vs $7K in Mexico.

My insurance would have paid 80% after the 6 month supervised diet, but the supervised diet costs about $500 a month ($3000 for six months), plus you add the 20% of $23k (anothee $4600), plus the monthly visits, labs, etc.

I'm just glad I will be done soon. I am so tired of this fat.

I have been low carb for years, and eat mostly healthy, but I have a demanding job and work 10 hours with no breaks. So when I get home I can LITERALLY (not kidding) eat 2-3 pounds of food. I can eat a whole block of cheese, a whole chicken, 4-5 sausages. Remember Fred Flinstone's brontosaur steaks? That could be me. Don't know when to stop. And at 242 lbs, with PCOS, HBP, PD, Depression, and bipolar disorder, it is a miracle I only take 9 medications.

Anyways, here I am! Good luck all!

Liria:cool: