Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need Lap Band Buddy / Mentor Looking for a BUDDY

Hi looking for a buddy....I had LAP-BAND® on 5/26/10.I live in NJ and I am a Mom of 4.I was 252 before surgery and now at 230. Looking for someone to talk concerns and to motivate each other.

Hi looking for a buddy....I had LAP-BAND®® on 5/26/10.I live in NJ and I am a Mom of 4.I was 252 before surgery and now at 230. Looking for someone to talk concerns and to motivate each other.

Hi I'm Dawn. And I'm also from NJ (near Atlantic City). I'm the mother of 2 grown boys. And my surgery was 10/23/09. Would love to be your buddy. Feel free to add me as a friend or email me. Congratulations on your surgery and your weightloss.

I was 304lbs I am now 210lbs. Lapband surgery is the best thing that I have ever done for myself. Look forward to hearing from you.

Hi Dawn,Would LOVE to be your buddy.I to live near Mayslanding. I had my surgery in Vineland on the 26 of May.I have not had a fill yet.How soon was it before you had a fill?My doctor said it could be up to (3) months...

Renee

Hi Dawn,Would LOVE to be your buddy.I to live near Mayslanding. I had my surgery in Vineland on the 26 of May.I have not had a fill yet.How soon was it before you had a fill?My doctor said it could be up to (3) months...

Renee

I live in Little Egg Harbor. Who did your surgery? I had mine done in Manahawkin by Dr. Reich. He's awesome. I had my fill 6 weeks after surgery. I go every 6 weeks for a fill. I have had 5 so far. In fact I think I will have to go have some taken out because I think I might be too tight right now. I can keep stuff down but it's rather uncomfortable at times and I don't really eat that much.

I had surgery on May 28. I am a mother of two and live in Florida. I would love to be your weightloss buddy.

Have you gone back to work yet? I go back tomorrow and will welcome the distraction. How is your pain?

Hang in there....You have done a Great job.I can`t wait to be were you are .

I had surgery on May 28. I am a mother of two and live in Florida. I would love to be your weightloss buddy.

Have you gone back to work yet? I go back tomorrow and will welcome the distraction. How is your pain?

I would love to be your Buddy also...The more the better.I have NO pain.And I am going back to work on Friday.Are you concern about going back to work???I have enjoy the time off...I`m not ready to go back,my 6 year old son would love for me to stay home.

Good morning! I am feeling better every day and the pain is better too. I am down to more of a discomfort at the port site. I am a little nervous about going back to work and keeping the pace. I am the Principal's Secretary at a high school in Pensacola and our office is busy to say the least. I hope I make it all day as it is a very fast passed setting. I have had terrible gas since the surgery. Have you experienced that? I have taken gas x and it helps but not a cure. Any suggestions. I have lost 14 pounds since my consult on May 5, 2010. I look forward to hearing from you. Have a great day!

Good morning! I am feeling better every day and the pain is better too. I am down to more of a discomfort at the port site. I am a little nervous about going back to work and keeping the pace. I am the Principal's Secretary at a high school in Pensacola and our office is busy to say the least. I hope I make it all day as it is a very fast passed setting. I have had terrible gas since the surgery. Have you experienced that? I have taken gas x and it helps but not a cure. Any suggestions. I have lost 14 pounds since my consult on May 5, 2010. I look forward to hearing from you. Have a great day!

Hi Rhea:

Try a heating pad that seems to work really well, just concentrate on healing! Don't get down on yourself if you gain a bit of weight back it is very normal!~

Congrats on your new way of life!~

S

Hi, I was banded May 3rd and would love to have some support I am from South Jersey near Cherry Hill. Not sure exactly where you live in NJ.

Would Love to be a buddy too!!! I am from northern NJ. Got banded on June 9th and am very sore at the port site inciscion. Today I felt hungry all day....which really sucks since I'm not even a week out. :(

Would Love to be a buddy too!!! I am from northern NJ. Got banded on June 9th and am very sore at the port site inciscion. Today I felt hungry all day....which really sucks since I'm not even a week out. :(

Make sure that you are drinking all of your liquids. Try increasing your walking a little if you are able too. Are you drinking Protein supplements?

Hi looking for a buddy....I had LAP-BAND®® on 5/26/10.I live in NJ and I am a Mom of 4.I was 252 before surgery and now at 230. Looking for someone to talk concerns and to motivate each other.

Hi, my name is Brenda, i am 44, and a mom of 2. I had Lap Band surgery in August of 2009, almost a year ago, and am looking for someone who shares my adventure. If you are interested, let me know. i was 245 to start and am now 197:smile2:

I love talking about lap band and motivating people. I was banded 11/23/9 and have been very successful. I have lost 92 lbs so far. I started at 266, currently at 174 with my goal wtg of 140. I have one son and live in Florida. You can reach me on here or at dsmith16@tampabay.rr.com. Look forward to hearing from you!

Hey Sam... hang in there the soreness around the port site will get better each day. When I started back walking (at one week post op), I had some slight swelling and soreness around the port site. I called the nurse at my doctors office and she said that was normal. Are you sure you are drinking enough fluids? Sometimes we think we are feeling hunger pains when our bodies are really crying out for fluids. Hope this helps ease your concerns... hang in there. It gets better every day! Rhea :(