Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wow.. this 2 week liquid diet is killing me!

This is my second day... and I feel like I am dying. Someone PLEASE tell me that itll get better as time goes on? I hate feeling hungry all the time. I can handle not eating, if only the shakes would be more filling. I can have 5 opti-fast shakes a day... each 8oz. I drink one every 3 hours... and I can barely make the 3 hours. Last night at 11pm I was having hunger cramps so bad that I had an extra shake. I am allowed sugar free Jello and popcicles... but my goodness. I drink a lot of water... but this hunger feeling is horrible. :thumbup:

It does get better! Usually around day 3-4 it really gets easier. Keep on going, you can do it :thumbup:

It does get better! Usually around day 3-4 it really gets easier. Keep on going, you can do it :smile:

Reverie,

thank you. I sure hope so... because I am struggling.:thumbup:

It IS a struggle but it will get better. Hang in there :thumbup:

We both need to keep our eye on our goal- I'm on Day 10 of 14, haven't cheated yet, am very proud of myself and am HUNGRY!!! We will survive. I'm surviving by walking lots and sleeping when I can. Keeping myself busy. Playing with my cat, whatever. Time passes, and before we know it, we'll both be banded!

Then I have 2 more weeks of liquids, at least my choice not the Optifast, then 4 weeks of mushies. Then Bandster Hell. Man, this is WORK. Worth it though, for what we want.

WE CAN AND WILL DO IT!!!!

Edited by AnneGG

We both need to keep our eye on our goal- I'm on Day 10 of 14, haven't cheated yet, am very proud of myself and am HUNGRY!!! We will survive. I'm surviving by walking lots and sleeping when I can. Keeping myself busy. Playing with my cat, whatever. Time passes, and before we know it, we'll both be banded!

Anne,

I find it hard to exercise or walk while doing this. I get very sick to my stomach and I know a lot has to do with the heat outside... and being hungry. I dont do well with hunger... I pray this gets better. CONGRATS on not cheating!!! :thumbup:

YOU CAN DO IT!!! it is hard...and not fun at all...but the end result is so worth it! just keep focused on the goal...and the two we:thumbup:eks will fly by!

I got a Wii and Wii Fit and a couple of other discs to give me something to do inside. Moving helps a lot, especially with music blasting. And this is coming from someone who HATES exercising!

Hang tough! WE WILL MAKE IT and feel so much better about ourselves!

Edited by AnneGG

I am on day two of liquids also. It does suck, I just ordered a pizza for my kids...but I am being strong. Go look at the before and after pictures of everyone up at the top...that is great motivation!

Trish,

Thank you. I do look at the bigger picture... but geez! Who would ever think chicken broth is so damn good?! lol. I inhaled it.. it actually had flavor n wasnt cold.

Anne,

I have a wii and wii fit. I never thought to pull it out and do that inside during this time. Good idea, I will do that! Thanx.

Tink,

Wow. That has to be hard, but good for you for being strong! Congrats. These two weeks will drag, but willbe worth it. I love looking at the before and after pictures.. very motivating.

It does get better after a few days... I think the toughest for me is after I banded I am ready for some real food. I get mushies on monday and today has been the hardest, 4 days post op.

It does get better after a few days... I think the toughest for me is after I banded I am ready for some real food. I get mushies on monday and today has been the hardest, 4 days post op.

Nean,

Well, today is my 3rd day and i found that drinking 1 cup of chicken broth REALLY helps me. Today I woke up, and I am not starving. I feel like today will be a better day... I hope so. Congrats on being banded! , and yay for mushies on monday!! :thumbup:

I'm lucking because I am on a partial liquid diet... I'm allowed 4 oz of lean meat and veggies for dinner and the rest is Protein Shakes and water- I'm on day 4 and have had some moments of weakness (and cheated at dinner). However, I've notice the Unjury Protein shakes keep me full the rest of the day. I noticed on this site that some people don't even have to do the liquid diet....

I'm now on Day 11 of 14 Optifast and clear liquids! I know if I can do this I can handle the Post-op! Woo hoo!!! It will be hard but I can do it!

So can we all do it- whatever our particular doctor recommends! I do know my way doesn't work- it's why I need the band in the first place.

broth is a blessing.

Jennifer,

Wow. I would LOVE to have something to eat at dinner. I could see how it is easy to cheat though. The opti-fast shakes are good, and they are doing their job. Its just the first two days my body was in major shock. I also noticed that some people dont need pre-op diet either. Which boggles my mind. Maybe im just hating on them for it??? lol. I def envy those. At the same time, I am grateful to have to do this diet, bc it prepares me for post op. Like Anne said, if you can do this then you can handle post op with a breeze!

Anne,

broth is DEF a blessing. lol. I enjoy my one cup... and look forward to it more than jello! haha