Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Blissfully full-filled!

I got a fill yesterday.. from 1.6 to 1.9

I am right back where I wanna be

I took a drink of grape juice at noon and I FELT IT!

I was able to sip three ounces of tomatoe Soup just now with the restriction I have come to be in love with.

BLISS.

NOW, we will see what happens tonight (I am a person who opens up alot at night)

My last fill I lost 31 pounds in 2 months..(ug to oct) then I gained a pound the last month (oct to nov) and NOW I am filled again to that sweet spot for me and I BET I loose a bunch again!

I am just so happy.. for a few weeks cravings and such had come back and I wasnt happy.. NOW I am ok again,

You are a super success story! Boy, do I remember the long threads and struggle you were going through, not that long ago! You are absolutely an inspiration! Congratulations! Cindy

Congratulations....isn't it great to feel restriction!

Where did you go for your fill? I was going to Dr. Eubanks, in Portland, but he is no longer do them.

I will be going down to So. Calif. for the Holidays, and will make a trip down to T.J to see Dr. Ortiz and Maritnez, but it would be nice to have someone up here in Oregon that I could go to.

Guest onynpants

Okay. I'm so lost. I've had 5 fills. I was banded in July of this year (Sanchez in Mex.) I'm not sure if I am where I ought to be. I can eat some things just fine (salad, crackers, raw veggies) and it seems I can eat quite a bit of them. Other things I can't eat at all without feeling like I am having a freaking heart attack and gag up even the tiniest amount. I thought I was going to have a new little "pouch" that woujld allow me to only eat a small amount and stay satisfied ... that doesn't seem to be the case, but I am worried about getting another fill cause I don't want to be puking a bunch.

Any advice? I started at 215 and am 202 but haven't lost anything in many weeks.

The bliss ended on monday morning.. I woke feeling my band and I hadnt even tried to drink any juice yet.

It was clear I was toooooo tight now

OH gawd.. I swelled, I ALWAYS DO THAT.. (makes me mad)

It was just too much,,

I CAN HANDLE sipping liquids for weeks ( instead of days ) BUT I was having chest pain on my own saliva,, I couldnt sip anything starting Monday morning,, and tonight I had some unfill,,

So, NOW I am at 1.7

I am one of those people who are gonna have to get small fills at a time cuz I am such a SWELLER!

OH WELL..

Pants, My advice is BAD.... so dont listen, there are experts here you shuld listen to.. WHAT I DO, is eat what I can and NOT eat what I cant, avoid any chest pain at all!!!!! And NO gagging.. the band does not work for me either in the way you thought it was gonna be for you and I have adjusted to the fact that I wont be eating the things I used to eat, not even one bite (maybe a bite and spit it out thing once in a while is all)

Getting more fill is important to me when I stop losing, more so than the food I am missing out on.. BUT if your gagging and such, you can lose your band, so THATS most important.

good luck.. i know its hard, but it gets easier (so they say)

Nykee, I think some of us are just real sensitive to the fills themselves. I thought I had 1.4 but it was 1.5. I am now up to 1.65 and I can feel a difference. But yesterday we were having changes in weather which also made me tighter.

But I also lose restriction quicker as I lose fat around my stomach. My dr thinks I should be able to just get a sweet spot like other patients and be done but it isn't working that way for me.

So far fills work for about 10-12 pounds then I need a little more. I wish fill dr would quit putting us into cookie molds.

Glad to hear you are having good restriction now and congratulations on the awesome journey you have made. Your emails are an inspiration for me. Celeste

Thanks road queen, so much!

I think thats gonna be what I am goona have to do.. have small fills more often.. like every 15 pounds or something..

Today I was able to have too much and I wish I was tighter but OH well.. I will try again in January and hope I lose weight in the meantime..

because of not being very tight, I am not all gung ho about my loosing the 100 pounds in one year.. but ya never know... If I went all low carb in January it could happen..lol

loves

Gram, the fill in the band is supposed to stay there and not evaporate or disappear. Once you're at a point where you don't want any more adjustments, nothing else needs to be done.