Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

surgery is tomorrow

Well my surgery is tomorrow and now i'm scared. I wasnt scared at first but now that the day is tomorrow I am really scared can someone help me lol.

Dont be scared(easier said than done!). I had mine on March 10th. I was so scared, I never had surgery before. Actually, what kept me ok was I figured I could just back out. Well I didnt back out and am so greatful that I didnt because I lost 40# so far and am off my bp meds(the only meds I was on)and I already feel healthier than I have in about 8-10 years. The actual surgery was a breeze. I had my IV put in and all I remember is wakeing up in the recovery room. The first 2 1/2 days for me where a little tough, gas discomfort but no actual pain at all. I questioned why I did this on the 2nd day but day 3 was totally different, I felt at least 80% better. I think the first couple days your body is getting rid of all the meds they put you on(poisoning your body), I think thats why me and alot of others experienced the miniature depression. The diet is tough the first 2 weeks but the time seemed to go by so quickly. Its easy to say now but dont worry, youll do fine. I said this in another post but Ive needed a root canal for about 2 years now and have been putting it off because I hate the dentist, Well Id rather go through the surgery again, rather than the root canal! For me, it really was a breeze. Good luck and let us know how it goes. This is a great site and you will find alot of help and support here. I hope this helps!

I'm with you shae , my surgery is tomorrow at 7 am . Don't really know what to think. I was never afraid of the operation just i can't stand being hungry . I watched a dr phil show about the obesity debate and all i could think about was the excuses the heavy people were using. I would bet they would rather never had a issue with weight than be fat and proud. I say time to end excuses.

I am still a pre bander & I'm due for mine this weds so I understand your fears. For the last yr I was so sure I wanted this & between the pre op diet & the idea that all this is real & this is my last Sunday, Monday, Tuesday to be the regular me that I know has been scaring me too! but like racer said its really time for me to stop the excuses & stop sabotaging my own life. I put off everything health related for fear of even knowing & yet I'm scared of death. I laugh at myself for being so full of contradictions. What with being a nurse & probably having worst health at the age of 25 than many of my middle age & geriatric patients with an excuse! I read a lot of what is on this forum- that thread about embarassing moments as a fat person really got to me! Its all so true & so sad the things we have to go through to lead a fat exsistence. Not that a little meat is bad but if it was just a little we wouldn't be candidates for the band. So my best advice would be to just remember why you're doing this & all the things you will be leaving behind. Think about the promising future you're headed into & all the things you've always wanted to do, see or wear! Be excited to meet the real you, the person you always knew was there but people couldn't see. It took years to get into this & in just a few days you'll soon be on the other side of the obesity debate. ;-) Stay positive & prayerful! I hope your surgery is fast & smooth!

I was banded march 16. within 5 to 6 days i was back to feeling GREAT! I had the same feelings you are having, right up until they wheeled me into the operating room. But i kept telling myself, this is the best thing for me.

Now that i've had the surgery and almost 1 month post op, i actually feel like the old me. only thing, i can't eat the things i use to. meat does not agree with me. gets stuck. but after you get stuck a couple of times, you don't really want it. and that's fine with me. I like seasoned veggies, potatoes, pudding and other soft things i ate before, just sugar free and little less salt. Also you have to learn to listen to your stomach, not your head. when you feel full, quit eating. Don't let your brain and tastebuds tell you that you want more. Once you learn to be strong, it gets easier.

I've lost 22 lbs since surgery and i'm never really hungry.

Good luck and I hope some of this helps you. We're in this together.

GIRLS (if any of your are guys, pardon me for assuming)

THIS is exactly what I needed today. My surgery is only 17 days away (I know Only, righht?I wish it were tomorrow) But anyhoo, I was worried and am sure I will be moreso as the time gets closer. I have butterflies, but I like that you posted how you felt and about the excuses. NO MORE EXCUSES.

Thank YoU!

K:thumbup:

Congrats to you! I dont know how you feel about religion but just pray before you go and leave it at the door God will see you through it.

Well I did it. Had my surgery today . went in at 7 am came home at 1 . I slept through most of it. The incision on my left side is painful but ok . Didn't have any shoulder pain. Yhe patch behind my ear made me a little dizzy. Shae how did yours go? I have no regrets :thumbup: